After updating to Android 5.1.1 on my T-Mobile Galaxy S6, I have noticed that the T-Mobile My Account app can no longer be disabled. Usually I leave this app disable since I do not usually use it. Since installing the update I have been noticing that even when I have mobile data set to off, it is being turned on. Usually I leave mobile data off all the time when I am not using it to conserve battery life and to prevent my data from being used up. Yesterday I looked at my phone and the 4G LTE icon appeared near the cellular signal even when I was connected to Wi-Fi at home. I went into the settings menu to find mobile data had been turned on. I turned mobile data off again. After I left my home yesterday I found that once again mobile data was connected and enabled when I was not connected to Wi-Fi.

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this behavior. I am wondering if the T-Mobile My Account app keeps enabling data for me even though I do not want it to be on.
    06-17-2015 12:24 PM
    It's weird because I had the T-mobile My Account app disabled when I did the update and it stayed disabled. Second, it maybe possible that something was changed after version 5.1 because it annoyed me a lot for the 8 days I had the LG G4 that I couldn't disable this app, it was the first time I haven't been able to do it, only thing different is the Android version as it was at the time the first device with 5.1 version I've had, and now that you mention this it makes me wonder about this.
    06-17-2015 01:50 PM
    I had mines disabled prior and after update and it is still disabled. Not sure why your's is behaving the way it is, sorry couldn't help much.
    06-17-2015 06:40 PM
    On some carriers, and phones, the data indicator and WiFi icon can and will be on at the same time. If you have WiFi signal, then that is what it's using. If the WiFi icon isn't there, then it's using data.

My wife's HTC one E8 is exactly the same way on Sprint.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-18-2015 02:45 PM
    THIS IS THE SOLUTION:

Enable the Touchwiz launcher, and within the Touchwiz App Drawer,

You can disable the T-mobile MyAccount app
    07-01-2015 10:47 PM