All of a sudden, my phone seems totally dead. A few minutes ago, I took it out of my pocket and noticed a notification that I've never seen before. Something about SmartLock and expired (or something like that) after 4 hours. I do have Smart Lock enabled and activated by being in range of my home WiFi (which is where I am). I don't normally have the GPS on unless I need it, but I think I left it on after using it this morning. Anyway, I dismissed the notification and read some email, then used the power button to put the phone to sleep. The next time I tried to use it, nothing. Screen is black and nothing I have done causes it to do anything. I tried the power button, of course, then I tried plugging in the charger (before it stopped working, the battery was somewhere around 50%), then I put it on my wireless charger, which beeped indicating that its charging, but nothing on the phone. I tried holding down the Home button, Power button and Up Volume, and still nothing.

What's happened, and how do I get my phone back?!?!?!
    06-18-2015 03:53 PM
    All of a sudden, my phone seems totally dead. A few minutes ago, I took it out of my pocket and noticed a notification that I've never seen before. Something about SmartLock and expired (or something like that) after 4 hours. I do have Smart Lock enabled and activated by being in range of my home WiFi (which is where I am). I don't normally have the GPS on unless I need it, but I think I left it on after using it this morning. Anyway, I dismissed the notification and read some email, then used the power button to put the phone to sleep. The next time I tried to use it, nothing. Screen is black and nothing I have done causes it to do anything. I tried the power button, of course, then I tried plugging in the charger (before it stopped working, the battery was somewhere around 50%), then I put it on my wireless charger, which beeped indicating that its charging, but nothing on the phone. I tried holding down the Home button, Power button and Up Volume, and still nothing.

What's happened, and how do I get my phone back?!?!?!
    First try rebooting.

Volume down + home +power

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    wrmoore47 likes this.
    06-18-2015 04:58 PM
    Well that did it! It came up with a screen asking if I wanted to replace the OS. I said cancel, and it booted right up! I had tried the Volume UP+home+power and that didn't do anything. Didn't know about using Volume Down. Thanks a bunch! I'm going to turn off Smart Lock, although I can't really know if that's the problem. By the way, when the phone came up, the battery was down to 37%. I'm sure it was around 50% the last time I used it.
    06-18-2015 05:12 PM
    Well that did it! It came up with a screen asking if I wanted to replace the OS. I said cancel, and it booted right up! I had tried the Volume UP+home+power and that didn't do anything. Didn't know about using Volume Down. Thanks a bunch! I'm going to turn off Smart Lock, although I can't really know if that's the problem. By the way, when the phone came up, the battery was down to 37%. I'm sure it was around 50% the last time I used it.
    Try clearing the cache partition.

http://www.samsunggalaxys6manual.com...6-and-s6-edge/
    06-18-2015 09:00 PM
    Done! Thanks again!
    06-18-2015 09:35 PM
    Done! Thanks again!
    No problem. Hope it helps.
    06-18-2015 09:42 PM