how long can you listen to music for on the S6 before battery drains

hunter777

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
how does the battery last with music listening? i read that there's not much screen time, battery-wise

but what about just listening to music, and the screen off most of the time, how long might the battery last then?

thanks

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
how does the battery last with music listening? i read that there's not much screen time, battery-wise

but what about just listening to music, and the screen off most of the time, how long might the battery last then?

thanks

Each individual will be different depending on what else is running on their phone. For example, I recently drove to the coast for a couple of weeks, the drive down was about 5 hours - I pretty much streamed music from Google Music all the way and when I left I had approx 90% battery, when I got there I had 30% left.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Like said above, there are a lot of variables. What all you personally have running on your phone, where you are getting your music from (streaming or local storage), cell service, and etc.

Posted via the Android Central App

hunter777

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
oh ok, well ill be more specific.

say there's only the music player (default player or app, if that matters) and not streaming. and nothing else on, so local storage and just music

thanks

what5k

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Well, I listen to my local music on poweramp (the default music player is good but you can't beat poweramp for sound customization) for about two hours a day back and forth to work and I really don't notice a hit to my battery. I would say 5-10 percent.

woody nh

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I listen to Pandora at planet fitness for an hour in the morning. Drops the battery by about 5%.
I am now 6h 20m into the battery day including one hour on Pandora and have 83% left. Also some modest browsing, a few texts and short phone calls in that time.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
You should be able to listen to several hours of music stored on phone with no problem. Have a Note 3 & Tab Pro & listen to music on both (stored on device, not streaming). Uses so little battery, I have never paid much attention. Not unusual to listen up to 4 or 5 hrs at a time. Either use blue tooth or audio cable.

hunter777

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
i have right now a S3 Mini, i notice the S6 has a way better/bigger battery

but just to get a more clear idea on this, keeping in mind that the s6 may use more power, will the S6 provide better battery time in every way than the S3 Mini regardless that it may use more power (because of higher grade parts)

if u know what i mean? thanks

it's just that i never really kept track so far, i believe i can listen to a good deal of music on the s3 mini but ya

thanks again

PS: with the screen off btw

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The point on music is that it's not battery intensive.
I stream music via Amazon Prime. After a day on the road where you're hitting up to 4 hours of music alone, you'll see Google Services on the battery meter, but it's only hitting somewhere around 5% of battery drain. You'll drain more battery with frequent Facebook posts/checks.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

thanks

Welcome to Android Central!

Its all going to depend on your usage, coverage, and if it is wifi or cellular.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, locally stored audio uses about 3% per hour above what normal standby uses. Streaming is very dependent on your signal. If I'm at home or work with a solid wifi signal it's about 5% per hour. On mobile while driving and the signal quality varies and the phone has to constantly hand off from different towers and it's more like 10% per hour.

Posted via the Android Central App

hunter777

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Its all going to depend on your usage, coverage, and if it is wifi or cellular.

thanks, and also thanks everyone else for the responses

i figure though the s6 will last much longer than my s3mini lasts, and its decent as well

since the battery is so much bigger, regardless that s6 is more powerful

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
After streaming spotify for 2 hours with screen off I lost about 9%. That would give about 20 hours give or take if I played it till 0 battery.

Posted with my shiny s6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes