there is a lot to like, but...

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
While there is a lot to like with the S6, I am finding it to be a quirky (or maybe glitchy is the right word) phone. I came from a Moto X and a Nexus before that. Those phones were rock solid, very rarely needing a restart to resolve issues. My S6 seems to develop strange and random issues every couple of days. They can always be cleared up with a simple restart. But, it is really annoying.

Here are some of the issues... the bluetooth will fail to connect to anything. I'll get stuck on 3G, despite being in an LTE area. WiFi calling will error out. Again, if I restart the device - things are fine for a day or two.

Is this normal for the S6?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
While there is a lot to like with the S6, I am finding it to be a quirky (or maybe glitchy is the right word) phone. I came from a Moto X and a Nexus before that. Those phones were rock solid, very rarely needing a restart to resolve issues. My S6 seems to develop strange and random issues every couple of days. They can always be cleared up with a simple restart. But, it is really annoying.

Here are some of the issues... the bluetooth will fail to connect to anything. I'll get stuck on 3G, despite being in an LTE area. WiFi calling will error out. Again, if I restart the device - things are fine for a day or two.

Is this normal for the S6?

I can only speak for my experience and it is not normal. Try clearing the cache partition but you could also have an app causing the issue.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
While this is not normal and I personally would try to exchange it, the big difference is that any phone on lollipop should be restarted once a week to clear up some issues with the operating system.

Lollipop was rushed out the door IMHO and it really sucks that this is needed.
But I would see if an exchange will give you a better device as what you are saying does not sound normal to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
No issues here.
You may have a bad phone. Add others have mentioned, take it in and get an exchange if you can.

Posted on my Amazing Note 4!

what5k

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine is about a month old, and I've never had any issues like that. I came from the Droid Turbo so far the S6 seems just as stable for me.

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
No issues here...I came from a G3 and had all kinds of Bluetooth issues with that sucker lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1