What is the Body Glock Shocksuit case like compared to Otterbox?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I currently use the Defender for my S6 and like the cases a lot but I don't like how the gel is kinda flimsy and how dust gets under the screen protector and the creaking noise the plastic makes sometimes. Not a huge deal but I was wondering what the Body Glove Shocksuit is like compared to the Defender. I looked at one in the package at Tmobile and the rubber material looked a bit stiffer. I was just curious is it comparable to the Defender?

Are their any one piece cases that are nearly as thick and good?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak for the case that you are looking at but I do have a suggestion on something that you might like.

www.seidioonline.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=CST2SSGS6K-BK

While I use plenty of different cases on my phones, the dilex or what is now called the dilex pro is the case that I always use when I need maximum protection but don't want the bulk. I have dropped countless phones plenty of times using such cases both outside on concrete and inside on hardwood floors (ok, it's my cat that knocks them off my table all the time as I almost never drop my phones) and I've never had even a broken screen. They are rugged and tough while not being bulky... And have a kick stand too. (oh, this company was basically the first to have kick stands, and they are far better then the competition) It also comes in many colors. I typically also use a holster that they make for it so it protects the screen better than being in your pocket and frees up my pockets for other things. (I typically don't use screen protectors on my phones)

Again, I use plenty of cases as I'm a geek and like to change things up allot, especially if I'm mostly indoors and not working a manual labor job or on some adventure. But if I am doing some crazy stuff or some labor intensive work, this case is what I use each and every time.

If I had to choose just one case for my phone, it's this one always.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
While I don't have an S6 yet, I do have a shocksuit case on my LG G3. I have had it around 9 months and have had no problem with the gel coming loose. It holds firm to the phone.

However, when it comes to the screen protector, on mine I just popped it out and put on a tempered glass screen protector. It still fits perfectly fine.

Overall, I much prefer them to any Otterbox product.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
While I don't have an S6 yet, I do have a shocksuit case on my LG G3. I have had it around 9 months and have had no problem with the gel coming loose. It holds firm to the phone.

However, when it comes to the screen protector, on mine I just popped it out and put on a tempered glass screen protector. It still fits perfectly fine.

Overall, I much prefer them to any Otterbox product.

Same with the Otterbox many on here pop out the built in screen protector. I actually like the Otterbox SP a lot but dust gets under it by the home key and once you take it apart a lot it seems to start creaking because the plastic bends slightly

The Speck Might Shell looks good and is thick, one piece but over 40 bucks and no screen protector.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
How does the Commuter compare to the Body Glove Shocksuit? I had a Commuter for my S3 and liked it. Protection wise does the Shocksuit give more protection than Otterbox Commuter?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I want the body glock mentioned in the title. That's the ultimate protection right there. No one would steal my phone, wallet and etc. And would feel somewhat safe in Chicago. Coupled with 400 rounds, I'd get free food at McDonald's!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I want the body glock mentioned in the title. That's the ultimate protection right there. No one would steal my phone, wallet and etc. And would feel somewhat safe in Chicago. Coupled with 400 rounds, I'd get free food at McDonald's!

Ha. I noticed that too. When I typed my thread title my computer thought I wanted to say glock! I post on gun forums too so that's probably why it tried auto filling it.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Is the Pelican Voyager case any good? The price is steep though but it looks slipper and better built than Otterbox.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I watched more reviews for it, the IPhone one on the drop test it shows the case cracking. I'm wondering about the commuter case too. I had one for the s3 and it was good. Does the commuter give as good drop protection as the Bodyglove tough suit you think?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If I decide to rip out the built in screen protectors on the Defender or Body Glove and put adhesive protector on the screen does it do anything to the otterbox or Body Glove regarding how the case snaps together?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If I decide to rip out the built in screen protectors on the Defender or Body Glove and put adhesive protector on the screen does it do anything to the otterbox or Body Glove regarding how the case snaps together?

It should not be an issue. Contemplating the same thing. Thinking about getting the Tech Armor ballistic glass screen protector.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci