Using NFC with USC Card Reader.

centraldf

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
We have card readers connected to our copiers at work linked to Active Directory.
So my ID card is registered to the software and tied to my AD account.
Friday by mistake I touched my phone on the photocopiers card reader and it said the card wasnt registered.
I input my Active Directory details and registered my phone to the software.

Thing is that when I went to log back into the copier with my phones NFC it said that the card wasnt registered.
I registered again and tried to log in again but it said again that the NFC wasnt registered.

I logged into the photocopier management software and see that my ID card is there and 2 other entries that seem to be linked to my phones NFC.

Is it normal that NFC changes its ID every time or can I set it to be one ID only.

Not sure whats going on here or how to set settings in NFC so any help would be great...

Thanks

D

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
We have card readers connected to our copiers at work linked to Active Directory.
So my ID card is registered to the software and tied to my AD account.
Friday by mistake I touched my phone on the photocopiers card reader and it said the card wasnt registered.
I input my Active Directory details and registered my phone to the software.

Thing is that when I went to log back into the copier with my phones NFC it said that the card wasnt registered.
I registered again and tried to log in again but it said again that the NFC wasnt registered.

I logged into the photocopier management software and see that my ID card is there and 2 other entries that seem to be linked to my phones NFC.

Is it normal that NFC changes its ID every time or can I set it to be one ID only.

Not sure whats going on here or how to set settings in NFC so any help would be great...

Thanks

D

Welcome to Android Central!

I would imagine that the NFC has a rolling security key.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
NFC is a communications pipe - what flows through that pipe is determined by some app. Whether that app changes identity at each use or not is up to the app.

This is a roblem for your networking people (and buy them some wigs - they'll need them by the time they're done, unless they've already pulled their hair out fixing it for someone else). Most NFC-equipped card readers are designed to handle the way cellphones handle NFC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary