06-23-2015 11:27 PM
68 123
tools
    The s6 active has the battery that the s6 should have had from the beginning
    And yet it's still beating out the m9 and G4 in battery life for most people who have used them. The active isn't competing against such other products, the S6 is and is doing a great job of it as well.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-22-2015 12:40 AM
    I say again, I love my darn S6!!

fofjjsr and jcp007 like this.
    06-22-2015 03:03 AM
    I say again, I love my darn S6!!

Glad to be back on topic.
    06-22-2015 06:44 AM
    I am very happy with my S6. No phone is perfect but this is a great phone.
    jcp007 likes this.
    06-22-2015 06:45 AM
    Amen to this topic thread, I'm in the same boat! Where is the love!? Lol

06-22-2015 10:34 AM
    Lots of love from me after T-Mobile pushed the 5.1.1 update.
    Many bugs and the battery is much much better .... Just what I've noticed.

Gray Area likes this.
    06-22-2015 10:42 AM
    Mod Note - A lot of posts have been cleaned. Please do not derail topics with debates that are not relevant to the discussion. If you would like to discuss another topic please create the appropriate thread.

Thank you!
    06-22-2015 10:45 AM
    I love my S6! Absolutely no regrets choosing it over the competition. Some have issues with battery life, but my battery has been phenomenal, rarely need to charge it until bedtime.

Great phone!
    06-22-2015 10:52 AM
    And yet it's still beating out the m9 and G4 in battery life for most people who have used them. The active isn't competing against such other products, the S6 is and is doing a great job of it as well.

You're funny.
    06-22-2015 10:54 AM
    You're funny.
    And people wonder why no love is given by me in this forum?I wonder how fast this gets derailed?

In the end I've done nothing but praise all the phones mentioned, even if I don't have them. Especially the G4 of the ones I don't have, as like the G3 I've been deeply impressed with what LG is doing. But people wonder why no love is given?
    This my friends is the best example.

ron561, BioFanatic and Gray Area like this.
    06-22-2015 12:50 PM
    And everyone's use is different... so battery performance differs greatly from person to person and phone to phone... the phone that you get 5 hours of SOT might be me 3.5.... and the story then completely changes the instant we pick up something different.

It's a common mistake to think that how your experience goes, everyone else's experience will go as well.
    Saros and Almeuit like this.
    06-22-2015 01:35 PM
    I guess some folks just don't get it around here.

People are going to believe what they want about the s6 who don't own one... I sure did and a lot of that wasn't all good.

Had I not researched how to maximize the battery life on the regular s6 I would have chalked the ho-hum battery life of the larger battery it had out of the box to being a fail on Samsung... But since I did research it and changed a few settings it now surpasses my g4.

I have no doubt that people are getting great battery life out of the regular s6..and that is all I have to say about that.

I do wish people would stop bickering here on the forum and just start posting more positive things to show just how good the phone truly is, but I guess haters are going to hate for the he'll of it because it's a Samsung phone.

That's a few a real shame too...
    I'm all for discussion on issues but I do like to see the positives too.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active
    06-22-2015 02:30 PM
    I had the S6 for a few weeks for app testing, along with a Moto X, HTC M9, and Nexus 5. Of all those devices the Nexus 5 is still my favorite, but the S6 came in such a close second. Truly an amazing, fast device that never complained; really my only gripe was the stock UI, haha.

Since I'm making a camera app, my main focus was testing camera and performance, and I came away thoroughly impressed. And for all the complaints about battery life, I felt that the S6 beat the pants off of the HTC M9, which totally ate power and got warm to the touch fairly often.
    06-22-2015 03:29 PM
    I guess some folks just don't get it around here.

People are going to believe what they want about the s6 who don't own one... I sure did and a lot of that wasn't all good.

Had I not researched how to maximize the battery life on the regular s6 I would have chalked the ho-hum battery life of the larger battery it had out of the box to being a fail on Samsung... But since I did research it and changed a few settings it now surpasses my g4.

I have no doubt that people are getting great battery life out of the regular s6..and that is all I have to say about that.

I do wish people would stop bickering here on the forum and just start posting more positive things to show just how good the phone truly is, but I guess haters are going to hate for the he'll of it because it's a Samsung phone.

That's a few a real shame too...
    I'm all for discussion on issues but I do like to see the positives too.

I love my S6! I love my M4 rifle! I love everyone!

Now, there are a lot of Good things to say about the S6. The screen. It's fluidity. The looks. The finger print scanner. Tw isn't half bad! And quite a few other things.

But....

06-22-2015 03:31 PM
    I still stand by what I said about the battery on the S6 active should have been what the S6 was. It has nothing to do with what phones a phone is competing against and everything to do with making the best phone possible
    06-22-2015 05:22 PM
    I still stand by what I said about the battery on the S6 active should have been what the S6 was. It has nothing to do with what phones a phone is competing against and everything to do with making the best phone possible
    I agree that the Actives battery should have been in the regular s6 and the Edge.. But then those who put style above form would have been dissing them because they would have been a few hairs thicker too. In any case it isn't in them and they are what they are.

Is it a great phone... Tell us about it. Does it take great pictures and video.. I'm from Missouri so... Show me.. Lol How is the audio on it... Tell folks about how great it does with their music.. Just have the cheaper 32 gig version and people saying that it is not enough.. . Tell them it really doesn't matter anymore with the otg micro USB sticks or dongles,show how to overcome this and what apps to use. You have figured out how to get good battery life... Show them how you have.. Heck I had to with the g4 so I know what it's like to not be believed...

You know if you got a bad phone, get rid of it if you can't figure out how to overcome the problem.. But if you are happy with it.. Stop letting those who have issues make it look like the phone is nothing but trouble.

I just found out that the s6 and my Active have Wolfson Dacs in it, and yet no one is happy about this?

These are great phones guys, and while I am not the greatest cheerleader for them I know others here are...

jcp007 likes this.
    06-22-2015 05:40 PM
    I agree that the Actives battery should have been in the regular s6 and the Edge.. But then those who put style above form would have been dissing them because they would have been a few hairs thicker too. In any case it isn't in them and they are what they are.

Is it a great phone... Tell us about it. Does it take great pictures and video.. I'm from Missouri so... Show me.. Lol How is the audio on it... Tell folks about how great it does with their music.. Just have the cheaper 32 gig version and people saying that it is not enough.. . Tell them it really doesn't matter anymore with the otg micro USB sticks or dongles,show how to overcome this and what apps to use. You have figured out how to get good battery life... Show them how you have.. Heck I had to with the g4 so I know what it's like to not be believed...

You know if you got a bad phone, get rid of it if you can't figure out how to overcome the problem.. But if you are happy with it.. Stop letting those who have issues make it look like the phone is nothing but trouble.

I just found out that the s6 and my Active have Wolfson Dacs in it, and yet no one is happy about this?

These are great phones guys, and while I am not the greatest cheerleader for them I know others here are...

Exactly, can't continue to dwell on what should have been. It's more constructive to focus on how it is and not how it should be. The device has a lot going for it. Time to see the glass as half full.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    06-22-2015 05:45 PM
    I'm happy they went with a smaller battery and thinner phone. Battery lasts me as long as I need it, and I love the look and feel of the phone. First Samsung I've owned since the original galaxy, and I would never have bought it if it was just another plastic model like the precious galaxies.

06-22-2015 05:51 PM
    I love my S6. Perfect combination of screen size, speed, and looks. But it is far from perfect. And what I mean is Android 5 aka lollipop. It has basically made my phone useless to use anything extra but the basics. This isn't Sammy's fault. It's Google's.

I know some say it's fantastic for them. That's great! But for some of us, the bugs hit us hard no matter what we do. And this isn't constrained to just the S6. It affects most phones running 5 on every carrier.

So basically our love for this phone is overshadowed by lollipop and it's bugs. M might fix the problems but until then, we are stuck with a phone that's sub par.

My Verizon HTC M8 is running Lollipop 5.0.2, no issues whatsoever. Fast, smooth and I easily get 2 days on a charge.

So either you have carrier issues, phone issues or some rogue app(s) that don't play nice with Lollipop.
    06-22-2015 06:20 PM
    My Verizon HTC M8 is running Lollipop 5.0.2, no issues whatsoever. Fast, smooth and I easily get 2 days on a charge.

So either you have carrier issues, phone issues or some rogue app(s) that don't play nice with Lollipop.
    Um. No. My wife's E8 has 5.0.2 and she barely lasts 15 hours. Would last 2 days with kit Kat. She Doesn't download apps. Talks, texts, and uses the weather app on occasion. That's it.

Mine? Well. I know how to manage it. Been doing this dung along time.

Just because your not having issues, doesn't mean others aren't. These forums are full of devices with same problems using lollipop. So....

ffejjj likes this.
    06-22-2015 06:38 PM
    Love my s6 edge except the battery but I'm well prepared with power banks, wireless chargers etc.. At all times.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    06-22-2015 06:42 PM
    Just because your not having issues, doesn't mean others aren't. These forums are full of devices with same problems using lollipop. So....

Exactly!

My G3 took a nose dive after moving to Lollipop. Factory reset was my answer.

06-22-2015 06:43 PM
    I love the battery on my s6 when it wants to be cooperative. On those days its REALLY impressive. But then the next day it will go to only giving me four hours of screen on time even though I am doing the exact same thing on my phone with the exact same settings. It's weird. If it always stuck with giving me this kind of battery life I would be more impressed than I am but it's so inconsistent and I don't understand why
    Attached Thumbnails Where is all the love?-1435016729120.jpg   Where is all the love?-1435016740859.jpg  
    06-22-2015 06:45 PM
    Phone just reached seven hours screen on time
    Attached Thumbnails Where is all the love?-1435016987329.jpg  
    06-22-2015 06:49 PM
    Exactly!

My G3 took a nose dive after moving to Lollipop. Factory reset was my answer.

We've done the reset thing. Made no difference to hers but mine, it settled down a bit. Enough to Make a difference but no where I think it should be. I should get at least 3 hours of SOT with 16 hours standby but I'm getting 2 hours with 11 to 13 standby most times. It's so erratic it's not funny. I blame lollipop.

06-22-2015 07:08 PM
68 123