06-23-2015 11:27 PM
68 123
tools
    I love the battery on my s6 when it wants to be cooperative. On those days its REALLY impressive. But then the next day it will go to only giving me four hours of screen on time even though I am doing the exact same thing on my phone with the exact same settings. It's weird. If it always stuck with giving me this kind of battery life I would be more impressed than I am but it's so inconsistent and I don't understand why
    Shut up! 7 hours..... There's things I want to say to you but I'd get banned!

But glad you hit that mark!

Mine too. It's erratic. One day I'll hit 3 hours SOT with 16 hours standby. Then the next I'm barely hitting 2 with 11 hours standby. I turn off WiFi when I leave the house and clear recent apps every time I use it. Same usage everyday. Nothing different.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-22-2015 07:09 PM
    We've done the reset thing. Made no difference to hers but mine, it settled down a bit. Enough to Make a difference but no where I think it should be. I should get at least 3 hours of SOT with 16 hours standby but I'm getting 2 hours with 11 to 13 standby most times. It's so erratic it's not funny. I blame lollipop.

Have you tried safe mode? That will give you a good indication if a rogue app is causing a problem. Run in safe mode for a day or at least a few hours and see if battery life improves.

I have no idea what an E8 is but I'm pretty sure it's not on Verizon. Like I said could be carrier, could be phone, could be apps. But I am living proof that Lollipop 5.0.2 can run without issues on a Verizon M8.
    06-22-2015 07:30 PM
    Shut up! 7 hours..... There's things I want to say to you but I'd get banned!

But glad you hit that mark!

Mine too. It's erratic. One day I'll hit 3 hours SOT with 16 hours standby. Then the next I'm barely hitting 2 with 11 hours standby. I turn off WiFi when I leave the house and clear recent apps every time I use it. Same usage everyday. Nothing different.

Lol sorry. I have most things turned off as well as Greenify stopping apps running in the background. I agree with you. If my phone was always like that I would have nothing but praise for this phone but like you said it goes all over the place with unexplained battery drain. You watch once I take it off the charger it will die in four hours this time xd. I just wish there was an explanation for the inconsistency because I am starting to use my six plus less and less
    06-22-2015 07:31 PM
    Lol sorry. I have most things turned off as well as Greenify stopping apps running in the background. I agree with you. If my phone was always like that I would have nothing but praise for this phone but like you said it goes all over the place with unexplained battery drain. You watch once I take it off the charger it will die in four hours this time xd. I just wish there was an explanation for the inconsistency because I am starting to use my six plus less and less
    Just asking. Is it possible that network reception or traffic affects your SOT?
    deeb215 likes this.
    06-22-2015 08:43 PM
    I just found out that the s6 and my Active have Wolfson Dacs in it, and yet no one is happy about this?

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active
    I'm an avid gamer and this phone rocks for gaming. While the single speaker stinks, using a cheap $100 set of cans is beyond awesome in both games and music. Speaking of music, I'm mostly into rock but my friend just turned me on to Kasey Musgrave and the Wolfson dac helps make her sound amazing. In fact I'm deeply impressed that the US finally had this dac as in the past most didn't get it.

Sorry, I would say more things that I love about this phone but I have to listen to more of Kasey's videos. (don't tell my wife, but she's cute too)

06-22-2015 08:49 PM
    Just asking. Is it possible that network reception or traffic affects your SOT?
    Absolutely

06-22-2015 08:50 PM
    Absolutely

Excuse me but how do you know what my traffic is or the network reception and how it affects my battery performance. You're not the one using it
    06-22-2015 08:55 PM
    Excuse me but how do you know what my traffic is or the network reception and how it affects my battery performance. You're not the one using it
    I never said that I did.

But I did answer the question correctly, in general network traffic and reception can and will effect battery life... As well as what firmware the radios are using.

You do remember that I've always been on your side and have tried to help you regardless that i know little about your provider since the beginning. That's far more than most around here and I'm wondering, can we shake off the hate and kick back and be friends again?

06-22-2015 09:27 PM
    I never said that I did.

But I did answer the question correctly, in general network traffic and reception can and will effect battery life... As well as what firmware the radios are using.

You do remember that I've always been on your side and have tried to help you regardless that i know little about your provider since the beginning. That's far more than most around here and I'm wondering, can we shake off the hate and kick back and be friends again?

I second that request. We are only here to help.
    warpdrive likes this.
    06-22-2015 09:40 PM
    I never said that I did.

Sorry if I was snippy. It came across that you were trying to answer for me. I don't hold grudges if grudges don't need to be kept. If that makes sense xd

As for my provider I'm with Telstra which has the best service in australia. Most days the signal stays around the same. It would be a lot more helpful if Samsung battery monitor would actually work. It still says my highest battery life is 34 minutes screen on time. It never updates lol
    06-23-2015 12:16 AM
    Sorry if I was snippy. It came across that you were trying to answer for me. I don't hold grudges if grudges don't need to be kept. If that makes sense xd

As for my provider I'm with Telstra which has the best service in australia. Most days the signal stays around the same. It would be a lot more helpful if Samsung battery monitor would actually work. It still says my highest battery life is 34 minutes screen on time. It never updates lol
    My S6 is on Telstra in Melbourne, and I actually can't go on 4g LTE as I get no reception in-doors. I actually think that there is some kind of issue with Telstra 4g and the S6 as on my htc M7 there is no issues at all, and there's several people with the same issue on the Telstra customer support page. The weird thing is why would 4g effect voice calls, I always thought voice calls were on 3g. Anyway I'm pretty sure this is a firmware issue and once reception is sorted it out it should help with battery life.

dreaming of electric sheep
    06-23-2015 12:33 AM
    My S6 is on Telstra in Melbourne, and I actually can't go on 4g LTE as I get no reception in-doors. I actually think that there is some kind of issue with Telstra 4g and the S6 as on my htc M7 there is no issues at all, and there's several people with the same issue on the Telstra customer support page. The weird thing is why would 4g effect voice calls, I always thought voice calls were on 3g. Anyway I'm pretty sure this is a firmware issue and once reception is sorted it out it should help with battery life.

Which makes it hard because it drains like no tomorrow on 3g coverage. I used to only get 3-4 hours screen on time on 3g coverage and now get anywhere from 4-7 hours screen on time on 4g. Can't win either way lol
    06-23-2015 01:08 AM
    Which makes it hard because it drains like no tomorrow on 3g coverage. I used to only get 3-4 hours screen on time on 3g coverage and now get anywhere from 4-7 hours screen on time on 4g. Can't win either way lol
    Yes, it's quiet frustrating. How is your phone call reception on 4g? Does it cut out?

06-23-2015 01:54 AM
    Yes, it's quiet frustrating. How is your phone call reception on 4g? Does it cut out?

I have had no problem with call reception on 4g. It's the 3g that causes all of the problems
    06-23-2015 02:14 AM
    Just to pile on,I sold mine today.

I couldn't take the lag, hated touchwiz, battery was not too great.

Camera was amazing.

In the end I just decided to go back to a gen 2 moto x. Camera blows and battery life is about same. But the software is so much better and the phone much faster.

Hope gen 3 is around the corner. That is without a doubt the last Samsung phone I ever buy.

06-23-2015 09:29 PM
    Just to pile on,I sold mine today.

I couldn't take the lag, hated touchwiz, battery was not too great.

Camera was amazing.

In the end I just decided to go back to a gen 2 moto x. Camera blows and battery life is about same. But the software is so much better and the phone much faster.

Hope gen 3 is around the corner. That is without a doubt the last Samsung phone I ever buy.

If Touchwiz was your issue why not just install a different launcher. I am obsessed with Nova
    06-23-2015 10:50 PM
    If Touchwiz was your issue why not just install a different launcher. I am obsessed with Nova
    Launchers only do so much, for some only a stock like experience such as on a Motorola or nexus is all that they ever would like. Personally, stock is too bland for me, although lollipop is the first stock experience that I like. The old ones were horrible for me.

06-23-2015 11:04 PM
    Nova ftw!

06-23-2015 11:27 PM
68 123