Where is all the love?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I still stand by what I said about the battery on the S6 active should have been what the S6 was. It has nothing to do with what phones a phone is competing against and everything to do with making the best phone possible

I agree that the Actives battery should have been in the regular s6 and the Edge.. But then those who put style above form would have been dissing them because they would have been a few hairs thicker too. In any case it isn't in them and they are what they are.

Is it a great phone... Tell us about it. Does it take great pictures and video.. I'm from Missouri so... Show me.. Lol How is the audio on it... Tell folks about how great it does with their music.. Just have the cheaper 32 gig version and people saying that it is not enough.. . Tell them it really doesn't matter anymore with the otg micro USB sticks or dongles,show how to overcome this and what apps to use. You have figured out how to get good battery life... Show them how you have.. Heck I had to with the g4 so I know what it's like to not be believed...

You know if you got a bad phone, get rid of it if you can't figure out how to overcome the problem.. But if you are happy with it.. Stop letting those who have issues make it look like the phone is nothing but trouble.

I just found out that the s6 and my Active have Wolfson Dacs in it, and yet no one is happy about this?

These are great phones guys, and while I am not the greatest cheerleader for them I know others here are...

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree that the Actives battery should have been in the regular s6 and the Edge.. But then those who put style above form would have been dissing them because they would have been a few hairs thicker too. In any case it isn't in them and they are what they are.

Is it a great phone... Tell us about it. Does it take great pictures and video.. I'm from Missouri so... Show me.. Lol How is the audio on it... Tell folks about how great it does with their music.. Just have the cheaper 32 gig version and people saying that it is not enough.. . Tell them it really doesn't matter anymore with the otg micro USB sticks or dongles,show how to overcome this and what apps to use. You have figured out how to get good battery life... Show them how you have.. Heck I had to with the g4 so I know what it's like to not be believed...

You know if you got a bad phone, get rid of it if you can't figure out how to overcome the problem.. But if you are happy with it.. Stop letting those who have issues make it look like the phone is nothing but trouble.

I just found out that the s6 and my Active have Wolfson Dacs in it, and yet no one is happy about this?

These are great phones guys, and while I am not the greatest cheerleader for them I know others here are...

Exactly, can't continue to dwell on what should have been. It's more constructive to focus on how it is and not how it should be. The device has a lot going for it. Time to see the glass as half full.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy they went with a smaller battery and thinner phone. Battery lasts me as long as I need it, and I love the look and feel of the phone. First Samsung I've owned since the original galaxy, and I would never have bought it if it was just another plastic model like the precious galaxies.

Posted via the Android Central App

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I love my S6. Perfect combination of screen size, speed, and looks. But it is far from perfect. And what I mean is Android 5 aka lollipop. It has basically made my phone useless to use anything extra but the basics. This isn't Sammy's fault. It's Google's.

I know some say it's fantastic for them. That's great! But for some of us, the bugs hit us hard no matter what we do. And this isn't constrained to just the S6. It affects most phones running 5 on every carrier.

So basically our love for this phone is overshadowed by lollipop and it's bugs. M might fix the problems but until then, we are stuck with a phone that's sub par.

My Verizon HTC M8 is running Lollipop 5.0.2, no issues whatsoever. Fast, smooth and I easily get 2 days on a charge.

So either you have carrier issues, phone issues or some rogue app(s) that don't play nice with Lollipop.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon HTC M8 is running Lollipop 5.0.2, no issues whatsoever. Fast, smooth and I easily get 2 days on a charge.

So either you have carrier issues, phone issues or some rogue app(s) that don't play nice with Lollipop.

Um. No. My wife's E8 has 5.0.2 and she barely lasts 15 hours. Would last 2 days with kit Kat. She Doesn't download apps. Talks, texts, and uses the weather app on occasion. That's it.

Mine? Well. I know how to manage it. Been doing this dung along time.

Just because your not having issues, doesn't mean others aren't. These forums are full of devices with same problems using lollipop. So....

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Love my s6 edge except the battery but I'm well prepared with power banks, wireless chargers etc.. At all times.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Just because your not having issues, doesn't mean others aren't. These forums are full of devices with same problems using lollipop. So....

Exactly!

My G3 took a nose dive after moving to Lollipop. Factory reset was my answer.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I love the battery on my s6 when it wants to be cooperative. On those days its REALLY impressive. But then the next day it will go to only giving me four hours of screen on time even though I am doing the exact same thing on my phone with the exact same settings. It's weird. If it always stuck with giving me this kind of battery life I would be more impressed than I am but it's so inconsistent and I don't understand why

Attachments

• 1435016729120.jpg
    1435016729120.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 1435016740859.jpg
    1435016740859.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 20

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Exactly!

My G3 took a nose dive after moving to Lollipop. Factory reset was my answer.

We've done the reset thing. Made no difference to hers but mine, it settled down a bit. Enough to Make a difference but no where I think it should be. I should get at least 3 hours of SOT with 16 hours standby but I'm getting 2 hours with 11 to 13 standby most times. It's so erratic it's not funny. I blame lollipop.

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I love the battery on my s6 when it wants to be cooperative. On those days its REALLY impressive. But then the next day it will go to only giving me four hours of screen on time even though I am doing the exact same thing on my phone with the exact same settings. It's weird. If it always stuck with giving me this kind of battery life I would be more impressed than I am but it's so inconsistent and I don't understand why

Shut up! :) 7 hours..... There's things I want to say to you but I'd get banned! :)

But glad you hit that mark!

Mine too. It's erratic. One day I'll hit 3 hours SOT with 16 hours standby. Then the next I'm barely hitting 2 with 11 hours standby. I turn off WiFi when I leave the house and clear recent apps every time I use it. Same usage everyday. Nothing different.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
We've done the reset thing. Made no difference to hers but mine, it settled down a bit. Enough to Make a difference but no where I think it should be. I should get at least 3 hours of SOT with 16 hours standby but I'm getting 2 hours with 11 to 13 standby most times. It's so erratic it's not funny. I blame lollipop.

Have you tried safe mode? That will give you a good indication if a rogue app is causing a problem. Run in safe mode for a day or at least a few hours and see if battery life improves.

I have no idea what an E8 is but I'm pretty sure it's not on Verizon. Like I said could be carrier, could be phone, could be apps. But I am living proof that Lollipop 5.0.2 can run without issues on a Verizon M8.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Shut up! :) 7 hours..... There's things I want to say to you but I'd get banned! :)

But glad you hit that mark!

Mine too. It's erratic. One day I'll hit 3 hours SOT with 16 hours standby. Then the next I'm barely hitting 2 with 11 hours standby. I turn off WiFi when I leave the house and clear recent apps every time I use it. Same usage everyday. Nothing different.

Lol sorry. I have most things turned off as well as Greenify stopping apps running in the background. I agree with you. If my phone was always like that I would have nothing but praise for this phone but like you said it goes all over the place with unexplained battery drain. You watch once I take it off the charger it will die in four hours this time xd. I just wish there was an explanation for the inconsistency because I am starting to use my six plus less and less

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol sorry. I have most things turned off as well as Greenify stopping apps running in the background. I agree with you. If my phone was always like that I would have nothing but praise for this phone but like you said it goes all over the place with unexplained battery drain. You watch once I take it off the charger it will die in four hours this time xd. I just wish there was an explanation for the inconsistency because I am starting to use my six plus less and less

Just asking. Is it possible that network reception or traffic affects your SOT?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm an avid gamer and this phone rocks for gaming. While the single speaker stinks, using a cheap $100 set of cans is beyond awesome in both games and music. Speaking of music, I'm mostly into rock but my friend just turned me on to Kasey Musgrave and the Wolfson dac helps make her sound amazing. In fact I'm deeply impressed that the US finally had this dac as in the past most didn't get it.

Sorry, I would say more things that I love about this phone but I have to listen to more of Kasey's videos. (don't tell my wife, but she's cute too)

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Excuse me but how do you know what my traffic is or the network reception and how it affects my battery performance. You're not the one using it

I never said that I did.

But I did answer the question correctly, in general network traffic and reception can and will effect battery life... As well as what firmware the radios are using.

You do remember that I've always been on your side and have tried to help you regardless that i know little about your provider since the beginning. That's far more than most around here and I'm wondering, can we shake off the hate and kick back and be friends again?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I never said that I did.

But I did answer the question correctly, in general network traffic and reception can and will effect battery life... As well as what firmware the radios are using.

You do remember that I've always been on your side and have tried to help you regardless that i know little about your provider since the beginning. That's far more than most around here and I'm wondering, can we shake off the hate and kick back and be friends again?

I second that request. We are only here to help.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I never said that I did.

Sorry if I was snippy. It came across that you were trying to answer for me. I don't hold grudges if grudges don't need to be kept. If that makes sense xd

As for my provider I'm with Telstra which has the best service in australia. Most days the signal stays around the same. It would be a lot more helpful if Samsung battery monitor would actually work. It still says my highest battery life is 34 minutes screen on time. It never updates lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos