Screen broke and bleeding, need contacts!

Jesse Angelini

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Otterbox case, with belt clip attachment, along with my new Galaxy s6 just a few days ago. It came off my belt when I exited my car, hitting the pavement face down. The phone seemed fine, although when I checked it later I noticed a purple hue around the edge of my phone. I knew I broke it, although I couldn't see any visible cracks. As the day progressed the screen got worse, with purple covering more than half the phone just a few hours later. I was at a memorial service, so I couldn't rush home to back up my phone. By the time I got home, more than 75% of the screen was covered by the ink, and by that night the screen was completely dark. Only after I looked online did I see all the issues of how fragile the screen was.
My question is: Is it possible to get my contact list off my phone without having to look at the screen? I can't seem to find the files while hooked up to my computer.

Any help is appreciated!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. What case did you get (defender, commuter, etc)?

Did you use Google to sync contacts?

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Jesse Angelini

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I got the commuter case, I guess I should have gotten the really beefy one!

I just figured out that all my contacts were saved onto Gmail, so that's a HUGE relief. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX