What ear phones / IE's do you use

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
After finding out that the s6 has Wolfson Dacs in it I decided to take advantage of this by ordering a new set of Sennheiser Momentum for the Galaxy.

Can't wait until they come in.

What do you all use to listen to music with?

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: What ear phones /IE's do you usr

After finding out that the s6 has Wolfson Dacs in it I decided to take advantage of this by ordering a new set of Sennheiser Momentum for the Galaxy.

Can't wait until they come in.

What do you all use to listen to music with?

Bose QC20.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance but...
What is a Wolfson DAC and why do I want it?

Posted via the Android Central App

The Dac in the phone is what makes it sound good or bad through headsets

Dac stands for digital analog convertor.

The better it is the better it sounds and the Wolfson Dacs are some of the best available. With them being in this phone means that we can get the best sound from the phone itself without having to add a external one and amplifier.. It doesn't mean that you won't if you are a true audiophile, but the music played through the better quality headsets or In Ear sets like the Sennheiser will sound incredible and better than some other phone with lower quality Dacs.

If you don't care about sound quality then this is of no concern but if you do care about it and listen to higher quality music recordings then you definitely should want this.

Also if you root your device Voodoo sound will help bring out the very best with it.

Zod1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Just to add a bit to what MDMcAtee said, the other part that plays a big part in this is the amp, which I believe in this case is part of the same chipset. Regardless, when your pairing headphones with smartphones, it's important to understand how hard the headphones are to drive. Some headphones are designed to require better amplification and would be wasted when paired with a smartphone.

I use V-Moda M100.

Wai Kong Pang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Monster Purity in-ear headphone that inherited from my previous Nokia Lumia. All buttons are functioning and I think it works great. Excellent noise isolation. I'm happy with it.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
How do you get it to read your texts

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

When you pair the headset, your phone will download the gear app and set it up. Make sure notifications in the gear app is turned on. Then go to settings, lock screen and security, other security, notification access, and turn it on. This gives it access to your notifications.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thargoid

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Personally Im just using the ones which came with the phone. No idea as to quality, but the comfort factor is the best Ive ever had. I also use a pair of Coloud in ear jobbies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX