Hello everyone!

I just bought a Galaxy S6 yesterday, and something weird happened. I had it charged to around 75% yesterday in the evening, I switched it off, and when I came back this evening (about 22 hours later) and turned it back on, my battery was dead (0%). It refused to start at first, and only turned on with the charger plugged in.

Since I just got the phone, I had very few apps and accounts running aside from Google and Samsung (no email account, facebook or anything like that).

What do you guys think? Is it faulty? I am going to try again this evening, but I would like to know whether I should consider bringing it back anyway.

Thank you!
    06-22-2015 02:42 PM
    Personally I would take it back.

You didn't pay for a brand new phone with issues. It happens sometimes but I'd get a new one for sure.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-22-2015 02:48 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for your answer (sorry for the delay, I live oversea ). I think you are right. I tried again yesterday evening. I switched the phone off at around 00:00 a.m, and turned it on at 8:00 a.m. Well it had actually turned itself on, and lost only 4% overnight, which is alright. Then I turned it off and on within 15 minutes, and it had lost 3%, so there seems to be an issue when the phone is off.

Thanks again, over than that this device is really fantastic!
    06-23-2015 02:34 AM
    Hello,

Thank you for your answer (sorry for the delay, I live oversea ). I think you are right. I tried again yesterday evening. I switched the phone off at around 00:00 a.m, and turned it on at 8:00 a.m. Well it had actually turned itself on, and lost only 4% overnight, which is alright. Then I turned it off and on within 15 minutes, and it had lost 3%, so there seems to be an issue when the phone is off.

Thanks again, over than that this device is really fantastic!
    It is definitely not a normal behavior. I would definitely take it back.
    06-23-2015 06:42 AM
    Your phone turned itself on by itself? Clearly something is way off, or you aren't really shutting it off. I've heard of phones spontaneously shutting themselves down, but I have no idea how it can power itself on.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-23-2015 08:21 AM