S6 - Decision Time

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
S6 is a great phone. As I tell everyone, main two issues I have with this phone are the battery drain and ram management. Battery drain is a combination of problems, but it can be easily worked around by disabling some settings. There's a great thread about it on this board. Ram management is more of a Samsung issue. There is a work around for that as well, but it's a bit more difficult than just going into the menu and changing settings.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
S6 is a great phone. As I tell everyone, main two issues I have with this phone are the battery drain and ram management. Battery drain is a combination of problems, but it can be easily worked around by disabling some settings. There's a great thread about it on this board. Ram management is more of a Samsung issue. There is a work around for that as well, but it's a bit more difficult than just going into the menu and changing settings.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...mize-battery-life-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge.html

RAM management is expected to be addressed with a future update.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
OP, please let us know if you end up buying and obviously give your impressions compared to what other users reported in this thread.

Posted via the Android Central App

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Battery drain is a combination of problems, but it can be easily worked around by disabling some settings.

This is why I plumped for the G4 over the S6. I didn't want to start my new all-singing all-dancing flagship experience by disabling half of what makes it such.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
From what I've read ALL Android phones have this issue. It's a lollipop problem

I agree that there's no harm at all in disabling/deleting anything from any phone that the users has no use for, or scaling it down (GPS for example) to getter better performance or battery life.

However, it's certainly not the case that ALL Android phones have the same issues. In fact, I'm sure that there's plenty of S6 users who've disabled nothing at all and get what they consider good battery life. There's so many factors involved, such as network coverage, GPS and so on. I have the G4, and all I've done (other than delete a couple of pre-installed apps I don't use) is put GPS into battery saver mode. On my Z3 before that, I disabled nothing, as the battery on that thing just went on forever.

My point was simply that putting a 2500MaH battery into a phone approaching 600ppi and with the fastest processor available will not, under normal circumstances at least, equal decent battery life without employing some restrictions. I don't want restrictions.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I agree that there's no harm at all in disabling/deleting anything from any phone that the users has no use for, or scaling it down (GPS for example) to getter better performance or battery life.

However, it's certainly not the case that ALL Android phones have the same issues. In fact, I'm sure that there's plenty of S6 users who've disabled nothing at all and get what they consider good battery life. There's so many factors involved, such as network coverage, GPS and so on. I have the G4, and all I've done (other than delete a couple of pre-installed apps I don't use) is put GPS into battery saver mode. On my Z3 before that, I disabled nothing, as the battery on that thing just went on forever.

My point was simply that putting a 2500MaH battery into a phone approaching 600ppi and with the fastest processor available will not, under normal circumstances at least, equal decent battery life without employing some restrictions. I don't want restrictions.

Talking about the difference in the size of the battery is not battery drain. It's that the phone has a smaller battery

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you come to S6 forums and ask, you get only bunch of fanboys defending S6 at any cost as if there life depends on if some one buys it or not. Best option is to try out yourself and return it within the return period if you don't like it.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Ooh. I must try and make it happen then, as it hasn't so far in my 5 months on Lollipop.

LOL. As I have pointed out in another thread, my HTC M8 is on Lollipop 5.0.2 and I easily get 2 days of battery life. No battery drain issues whatsoever, or any other issues related to Lollipop. But many on this forum will have you believe that Lollipop is the devil.

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
This is why I plumped for the G4 over the S6. I didn't want to start my new all-singing all-dancing flagship experience by disabling half of what makes it such.

VoLTE and Wifi calling definitely do not make or break your experience. Unless you're in an area where you really need it, it's not a big deal.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
LOL. As I have pointed out in another thread, my HTC M8 is on Lollipop 5.0.2 and I easily get 2 days of battery life. No battery drain issues whatsoever, or any other issues related to Lollipop. But many on this forum will have you believe that Lollipop is the devil.

Indeed.

I've never said that no one has ever had an issue with Lollipop, but equally, it's naive for others to claim that Lollipop is, as you say, the Devil.