08-18-2015 10:25 AM
203 12345 ...
tools
    I thought we were talking about RAM issues...
    That falls into the bug category.
    06-27-2015 05:39 AM
    Actually, 5.1.1 fixes the memory leak on Lollipop devices, including Nexus and Moto X. Samsung still has not fixed the RAM issue plaguing the S6 and S6 edge.

Posted via the Android Central App
    mxrider821 likes this.
    06-27-2015 09:08 AM
    Actually, 5.1.1 fixes the memory leak on Lollipop devices, including Nexus and Moto X. Samsung still has not fixed the RAM issue plaguing the S6 and S6 edge.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I believe TMO GS6 devices are now running 5.1.1. Are you saying this issue want addressed?
    06-27-2015 09:17 AM
    I believe TMO GS6 devices are now running 5.1.1. Are you saying this issue want addressed?
    The RAM management issue on the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge might be a ‘feature’ - SamMobile
    06-27-2015 12:10 PM
    Except the actual RAM issue of 5.0.1 (later fixed in 5.1.1) is not the same as the issue plaguing the Galaxy S6. So obviously it doesn't fall under "bugs".
    06-27-2015 12:11 PM
    JCP, then why are people still complaining of the issue if it was fixed? They have no clue.
    06-28-2015 03:45 AM
    Except the actual RAM issue of 5.0.1 (later fixed in 5.1.1) is not the same as the issue plaguing the Galaxy S6. So obviously it doesn't fall under "bugs".
    Whatever man. First off, the 5.0.1 issues made it to the S6. Period. Why? Because it's a lollipop issue. It's not addressed as some of us have not received 5.1.1 yet. So the problem. still. does. persist. The RAM issue everyone is talking about is the refreshing of apps using multitasking isn't addressed either in 5.1.1. Whether it's an S6 only "bug" ...er...."feature" doesn't matter....it's not fixed in 5.1.1.

I'm done.
    06-28-2015 03:47 AM
    I am thinking of taking the hit and getting rid of my Galaxy S6 for the LG G4. The lag and having to reboot every few days is unacceptable. Hard to believe with all of the high end specs of the S6 it runs like crap
    troysyx likes this.
    06-28-2015 08:51 AM
    I am thinking of taking the hit and getting rid of my Galaxy S6 for the LG G4. The lag and having to reboot every few days is unacceptable. Hard to believe with all of the high end specs of the S6 it runs like crap
    It's funny but reading your post word by words sounded just like the G4 I returned after just 8 days and 3 factory reset, but mine also had an average battery life, definitely less than my S6 Edge.

After returning it I decided to get an S6 to be the couple to my S6 Edge, best devices I've had in my life, lag free and an excellent battery life. Currently at 40% on my S6 after 29 hours unplugged and 3 hours 10 minutes of SoT, no power saving mode option and location on in battery saver mode.

As you can see everybody's experience is different but after my 2 S6, and 4 more that I've helped set, (2 of my co-workers and 2 family members) with the 6 having similar results in battery life and performance I can honestly say that if you do some or all the tweaks I've posted in my thread and you don't get a defective device, this is the best Android phone ever made.
    06-28-2015 11:01 AM
    Never had to reboot mine. I've had the GS6 since launch. Not having the details of your device setup or usage habits, it sounds like a defective device.
    06-28-2015 12:18 PM
    Never had to reboot mine. I've had the GS6 since launch. Not having the details of your device setup or usage habits, it sounds like a defective device.
    Would a factory reset solve the problem? Or should I exchange it for a refurbished one from Samsung?
    06-28-2015 12:20 PM
    Would a factory reset solve the problem? Or should I exchange it for a refurbished one from Samsung?
    Try clearing the app storage cache and clear the cache partition first and see if that helps.
    06-28-2015 12:25 PM
    Go to Recovery mode by power off your phone then press and hold home, volume up and power buttons until you see the Android robot, once there use the Volume and power buttons to navigate.

First do a Wipe cache Partition and see if it gets better, if not, do a backup of all your needed files and go back to Recovery mode and for a Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
    06-28-2015 12:27 PM
    Try clearing the app storage cache and clear the cache partition first and see if that helps.
    I have already done that a few times. Did not help. So my choice comes down to either do a factory reset or swap for a new refurbished phone. But wouldn't a factory reset essentially be the same as swapping for a new phone? Or not?
    06-28-2015 12:28 PM
    I have already done that a few times. Did not help. So my choice comes down to either do a factory reset or swap for a new refurbished phone. But wouldn't a factory reset essentially be the same as swapping for a new phone? Or not?
    Basically, yes. It's up to you to decide if you keep yours and try first with a reset, if it still does the same, then definitely get a replacement.
    06-28-2015 12:34 PM
    A factory reboot fixed the issue for me. Just made sure everything was backed up to the cloud as well as possible.
    06-28-2015 12:40 PM
    A factory reboot fixed the issue for me. Just made sure everything was backed up to the cloud as well as possible.
    How long has it been since you did the factory reset?
    06-28-2015 12:51 PM
    How long has it been since you did the factory reset?
    06-28-2015 12:51 PM
    Mod Note - Just a reminder for everyone to keep it civil. No reason for personal attacks.

Thanks .
    06-28-2015 01:25 PM
    Two weeks. I've had the phone For about three weeks. Suffered through the lag for a week trying all kinds of app killers and ram management, researched the downside of that, and just gave up and did the factory rest. Not a single issue since then.
    06-28-2015 01:51 PM
    My S6 is easily in my "best phone" ever category. No lag, great battery, but I reboot each morning, always have always will.....Hmmmm, maybe that helps. No idea. I don't get the complaints of needing a reboot every few days or so. What's the big deal doing a reboot? So if I need to reboot to frequently(takes 30 sec) I'll just pi$$ and moan and complain and hafta return it and take pot luck on the next crap shoot of a device. This device is rock solid. I'll stick.
    Having said all this, I know some have legitimate issues and should maybe return it or should have returned it already. Guess I got lucky with mine maybe, but just saying that having to reboot every few days being an "unacceptable" issue seems a ludicrous complaint.
    Stanley Kubrick likes this.
    06-28-2015 02:26 PM
    You should check the Software update in order to know that 5.1.1 is ready for your device right?
    06-29-2015 07:57 AM
    You should check the Software update in order to know that 5.1.1 is ready for your device right?
    Right or it will eventually pop up in your info bar anyway to let you know. Might even download and install all by itself if you have auto updates enabled.
    Nytrite likes this.
    06-29-2015 06:46 PM
    Just checked on AT&T. No joy.
    06-29-2015 09:42 PM
    My S6 is easily in my "best phone" ever category. No lag, great battery, but I reboot each morning, always have always will.....Hmmmm, maybe that helps. No idea. I don't get the complaints of needing a reboot every few days or so. What's the big deal doing a reboot? So if I need to reboot to frequently(takes 30 sec) I'll just pi$$ and moan and complain and hafta return it and take pot luck on the next crap shoot of a device. This device is rock solid. I'll stick.
    Having said all this, I know some have legitimate issues and should maybe return it or should have returned it already. Guess I got lucky with mine maybe, but just saying that having to reboot every few days being an "unacceptable" issue seems a ludicrous complaint.
    Having to reboot daily went out with Windows 95. If you are having to truly do that I suspect your phone is defective. To defend the practice is a bit like burying your head in the sand.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    06-30-2015 12:25 AM
203 12345 ...