Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 releases

Wai Kong Pang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I am just speculating. Apps reloading while switching between multiple apps could be due to the design of the apps? No?

As far as my own experience. With iOS (iPad 2) and WP8.1 (Lumia 920) I also facing the same situation. But not all apps.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I am just speculating. Apps reloading while switching between multiple apps could be due to the design of the apps? No?

As far as my own experience. With iOS (iPad 2) and WP8.1 (Lumia 920) I also facing the same situation. But not all apps.

It's not just multitasking. It's also ram usage. I know they go hand in hand in a way but from after a restart and ram is cleared and available, there's no reason for an app to reload. Besides, it happens even after a factory reset with no 3rd party apps installed.

My dads LG G3 on Verizon (I own it and pay for his service) didn't have this problem on kit kat. Only when he received 5.0.2 did these problems occur. There's no rhyme or reason and no particular app that's causing these issues.

There's also the cell standby drain. Intermittent one day great battery life to horrible battery drain the next. The best word to describe is "erratic".

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site

I only switched from using Chrome to this app back to Chrome once and lost everyrhing I had written on chrome as it reloaded and had to be written again from scratch. I now no longer use Chrome

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Your post was to say that it's not android. It's touch wiz. Because your nexus 6 doesn't have problems. I'm saying it's not tw but android lollipop.

Feel better?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Your post was to say that it's not android. It's touch wiz. Because your nexus 6 doesn't have problems. I'm saying it's not tw but android lollipop.

Feel better?

Betting on Lollipop. Just hoping we won't become suckers.

Michael Alan Goff

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Feel better?

If it was Lollipop, though, every phone that ran Lollipop would have the issue. :|

what5k

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Then why do those phones have issues with lollipop then? Lollipop obviously isn't as hardware compatible as kitkat, and as for the Nexus it's googles flagship. It BETTER run lollipop perfect.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually, 5.1.1 fixes the memory leak on Lollipop devices, including Nexus and Moto X. Samsung still has not fixed the RAM issue plaguing the S6 and S6 edge.

I believe TMO GS6 devices are now running 5.1.1. Are you saying this issue want addressed?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Except the actual RAM issue of 5.0.1 (later fixed in 5.1.1) is not the same as the issue plaguing the Galaxy S6. So obviously it doesn't fall under "bugs".
Whatever man. First off, the 5.0.1 issues made it to the S6. Period. Why? Because it's a lollipop issue. It's not addressed as some of us have not received 5.1.1 yet. So the problem. still. does. persist. The RAM issue everyone is talking about is the refreshing of apps using multitasking isn't addressed either in 5.1.1. Whether it's an S6 only "bug" ...er...."feature" doesn't matter....it's not fixed in 5.1.1.

I'm done.

Last edited:

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking of taking the hit and getting rid of my Galaxy S6 for the LG G4. The lag and having to reboot every few days is unacceptable. Hard to believe with all of the high end specs of the S6 it runs like crap

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of taking the hit and getting rid of my Galaxy S6 for the LG G4. The lag and having to reboot every few days is unacceptable. Hard to believe with all of the high end specs of the S6 it runs like crap

It's funny but reading your post word by words sounded just like the G4 I returned after just 8 days and 3 factory reset, but mine also had an average battery life, definitely less than my S6 Edge.

After returning it I decided to get an S6 to be the couple to my S6 Edge, best devices I've had in my life, lag free and an excellent battery life. Currently at 40% on my S6 after 29 hours unplugged and 3 hours 10 minutes of SoT, no power saving mode option and location on in battery saver mode.

As you can see everybody's experience is different but after my 2 S6, and 4 more that I've helped set, (2 of my co-workers and 2 family members) with the 6 having similar results in battery life and performance I can honestly say that if you do some or all the tweaks I've posted in my thread and you don't get a defective device, this is the best Android phone ever made.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Never had to reboot mine. I've had the GS6 since launch. Not having the details of your device setup or usage habits, it sounds like a defective device.