Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 releases

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Never had to reboot mine. I've had the GS6 since launch. Not having the details of your device setup or usage habits, it sounds like a defective device.

Would a factory reset solve the problem? Or should I exchange it for a refurbished one from Samsung?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Would a factory reset solve the problem? Or should I exchange it for a refurbished one from Samsung?

Go to Recovery mode by power off your phone then press and hold home, volume up and power buttons until you see the Android robot, once there use the Volume and power buttons to navigate.

First do a Wipe cache Partition and see if it gets better, if not, do a backup of all your needed files and go back to Recovery mode and for a Wipe Data/Factory Reset.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Try clearing the app storage cache and clear the cache partition first and see if that helps.

I have already done that a few times. Did not help. So my choice comes down to either do a factory reset or swap for a new refurbished phone. But wouldn't a factory reset essentially be the same as swapping for a new phone? Or not?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have already done that a few times. Did not help. So my choice comes down to either do a factory reset or swap for a new refurbished phone. But wouldn't a factory reset essentially be the same as swapping for a new phone? Or not?

Basically, yes. It's up to you to decide if you keep yours and try first with a reset, if it still does the same, then definitely get a replacement.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Just a reminder for everyone to keep it civil. No reason for personal attacks.

kevindharrisii

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Two weeks. I've had the phone For about three weeks. Suffered through the lag for a week trying all kinds of app killers and ram management, researched the downside of that, and just gave up and did the factory rest. Not a single issue since then.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My S6 is easily in my "best phone" ever category. No lag, great battery, but I reboot each morning, always have always will.....Hmmmm, maybe that helps. No idea. I don't get the complaints of needing a reboot every few days or so. What's the big deal doing a reboot? So if I need to reboot to frequently(takes 30 sec) I'll just pi$$ and moan and complain and hafta return it and take pot luck on the next crap shoot of a device. This device is rock solid. I'll stick.
Having said all this, I know some have legitimate issues and should maybe return it or should have returned it already. Guess I got lucky with mine maybe, but just saying that having to reboot every few days being an "unacceptable" issue seems a ludicrous complaint.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
You should check the Software update in order to know that 5.1.1 is ready for your device right?

Right or it will eventually pop up in your info bar anyway to let you know. Might even download and install all by itself if you have auto updates enabled.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My S6 is easily in my "best phone" ever category. No lag, great battery, but I reboot each morning, always have always will.....Hmmmm, maybe that helps. No idea. I don't get the complaints of needing a reboot every few days or so. What's the big deal doing a reboot? So if I need to reboot to frequently(takes 30 sec) I'll just pi$$ and moan and complain and hafta return it and take pot luck on the next crap shoot of a device. This device is rock solid. I'll stick.
Having said all this, I know some have legitimate issues and should maybe return it or should have returned it already. Guess I got lucky with mine maybe, but just saying that having to reboot every few days being an "unacceptable" issue seems a ludicrous complaint.
Having to reboot daily went out with Windows 95. If you are having to truly do that I suspect your phone is defective. To defend the practice is a bit like burying your head in the sand.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Having to reboot daily went out with Windows 95. If you are having to truly do that I suspect your phone is defective. To defend the practice is a bit like burying your head in the sand.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Defective? Hardly. Never said I had to do it, I do it because I just want to do it. Do what you want with yours and I'll do what I want with mine.
Regarding windows 95, it took way more than daily reboots.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Defective? Hardly. Never said I had to do it, I do it because I just want to do it. Do what you want with yours and I'll do what I want with mine.
Regarding windows 95, it took way more than daily reboots.
Yes, true Win95 could actually go weeks without reboots, like the GS6 does today. Kind of my point, people would needlessly reboot every day or so because they thought it was needed. Of course it actually was bad on the disks and other components lowering the life of the computer.

While solid state drives in the phones are not as susceptible to that kind of abuse, none the less the constant reboots aren't that good for the phone and recommending it seems counter productive.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, true Win95 could actually go weeks without reboots, like the GS6 does today. Kind of my point, people would needlessly reboot every day or so because they thought it was needed. Of course it actually was bad on the disks and other components lowering the life of the computer.

While solid state drives in the phones are not as susceptible to that kind of abuse, none the less the constant reboots aren't that good for the phone and recommending it seems counter productive.

probably millions of people turn their phones off every night which constitutes a reboot the next day. seriously don't think it's a big deal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar