Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 releases

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to a Verizon tech on the phone and they told me that there is an issue where Vine is causing RAM issues on the galaxy s6. I found that explanation hard to believe since I had read absolutely nothing online about that and I never use Vine and I have never seen that running in the background. So I uninstalled it nevertheless to see if it makes a difference. Thoughts? Has anybody ever heard of Vine causing RAM problems?

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Question: When an AT&T connected phone gets an Android update, does this also mean that a Cricket Wireless phone will also get the same update?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Any changes after update?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Nothing visual that I've noticed, however it could just be me, time will tell but after the update I wiped my cache (avoiding a full wipe) , then preceded to notice a significant battery bump almost immediately. Could be just me we'll see.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

remus

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Try also Superlock Package Disabler. I was reluctant when a friend recommended it for my S6 Edge but it made wonders for battery life and speed of the device. Mine was lagging, especially after using apps like Chrome for 15 minutes or other RAM hungry apps. Battery life was just horrible. After disabling a lot of bloatware I was not using with Superlock everything changed. The app is even helpful identifying the bloat.

ryangur

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
On Verizon... Getting an update... at 57% downloaded.. will load screenshot once I see it. Maybe this is 5.1.1?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-01-07-49-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-01-07-49-21.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

kevindharrisii

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm noticing a new issue. After having updated to 5.1.1 on Sprint I get random vibration alerts. Nothing visual in the notification bar, nothing new in email, Facebook, sms, nothing. My phone just randomly vibrates. Anyone else?

yudancha

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Sprint also. Not really happy with this update. I too have been having the notifications bug. Every minute, like clockwork, the notification sound and vibration happens. I called Sprint and they had me do a ##7xxxx# activation from the dialer. It seemed to have worked for a little while. I later found that 1Weather notification was tripping it, I disabled it and all appeared to be fine. That was yesterday. 4 am this morning I got a Facebook notification and again every minute the notification sound and vibe started. Turned off all FB crap and so far so good. Can't comment on battery life yet tho'.
As for the rest of it, the lock screen used to open with the finger print dialog instantly, now it takes about 5 -6 seconds to appear. It isn't any faster, I find it reacts slower. Not a big issue. Overall the phone feels sluggish. It lost some of it's snap. And, the radios are a lot slower. It takes a longer time (almost 2x) to get a gps lock and the LTE lock is laboring also.
I've done a clear cache and have rebooted many more times in the past day than I've done since I got this phone in April.
I have a bit of experience with Android. I have my S4 running Cyanogenmod 12.1 and my S2 is still with me also, it too is on Cyanogenmod, both obviously rooted. Frankly, these phones are very fast and responsive!
kevindharrisii - you can try the route I was on by selecting each apk individually in Sounds & Notifications under notifications App notifications block the notifications. Tedious process. You gotta block then wait a minute, etc. I was doing it alphabetically.
I will close with the fact, for whatever reason, it often takes these phones a few days to settle down.

Last edited:

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
As for the rest of it, the lock screen used to open with the finger print dialog instantly, now it takes about 5 -6 seconds to appear. It isn't any faster, I find it reacts slower. Not a big issue. Overall the phone feels sluggish. It lost some of it's snap. And, the radios are a lot slower. It takes a longer time (almost 2x) to get a gps lock and the LTE lock is laboring also.

That's frustrating, and thankfully I am not having the notification issue. The phone did feel more sluggish immediately after the update, but I think that has settled down and is back to being snappy. I noticed a dead spot in my LTE coverage on the way to work that I don't recall being there before. The fingerprint reading is still instantaneous for me (just hold down home and keep my thumb there), but a new annoyance is that it is taking several seconds for the "backup password" dialog to appear, which is annoying for when I have to wear gloves. I am not sure this update did anything for the RAM management; the only other real problem I was having with the phone before the update was that sometimes the camera had a hard time focusing in low light and made terrible noises trying to find it. I haven't been able to replicate the problem since the update to know if that was fixed.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm noticing a new issue. After having updated to 5.1.1 on Sprint I get random vibration alerts. Nothing visual in the notification bar, nothing new in email, Facebook, sms, nothing. My phone just randomly vibrates. Anyone else?

No but the update brought notification content back to my lockscreen that I had hidden.