Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 releases

bteezy52

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I'm noticing a new issue. After having updated to 5.1.1 on Sprint I get random vibration alerts. Nothing visual in the notification bar, nothing new in email, Facebook, sms, nothing. My phone just randomly vibrates. Anyone else?

This happened to me as well. Go into settings>motions and gestures. The update turned on motions and gestures and turned on vibration whenever you pick up the phone if you have a notification waiting. I turned those off and no longer had the issue.

anon(482205)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Before 5.1.1, I was using Light Manager Pro to control the color and flashing of my LED. Since the upgrade, I've learned that Light Manager is no longer compatible. The developer is looking into the issue but so far has not been able to resolve the problem.

I also briefly tried using Light Flow, but it too is not compatible with 5.1.1.

Does anyone know of a good LED control application that works on our S6 devices with 5.1.1 ?

slimbad63

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Found another issue. Received the Sprint Android 5.1.1. update yesterday. Since then, I can't forward text messages to email. Before it was never an issue. I click forward and put the e-mail address I want to forward to and everything was good. Anyone else experiencing this?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
5.1 was already released for the international models

Just for the SM-G920F models not the SM-G920I. I'm also waiting for it in my SM-G920I Blue Topaz that I purchased last week, but having it in my S6 Edge from T-Mobile I can honestly say that the only thing I really miss is the ability to get rid of the S Finder and Quick Launch features on the Notification Shade.

Having the Manual Exposure adjustment is nice but I haven't used it or had the need for it, plus the couple of days I used my S6 edge after the update I noticed that my Battery life decreased a little, it was constant after the update, this one with 5.0.2 gives me what my edge was giving me before the update so that tells me that something was adjusted on some of the core system files trying to fix battery life and in my case it wasn't productive.

Last edited:

Nutcase4u

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I've got a white Galaxy S6 edge that I'm loving......except for a tiny annoyance. Every 15 min or so a warning comes up "Unauthorized Actions have been detected" and it asks me to reset the phone. Even though I can keep dismissing the notification, it's still irritating. Every forum says the new update should resolve this, so come on Verizon and push it on through!

cav22

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Supposedly assuming you are on Verizon the update they just released and you may not have recieved yet should have fixed that Unauthorized Actions message...

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sprint 5.1.1 here. So far no problems. I certainly didn't get any vibration issues.

I do love getting rid of the S Finder and Quick connect items in notification menu.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

redsoxfan26

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Sprint 5.1.1 here. So far no problems. I certainly didn't get any vibration issues.

I do love getting rid of the S Finder and Quick connect items in notification menu.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

How do you get rid of them?

Edit: nevermind, I figured it out.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
So far nothing negative to say about the update. Better battery, memory management seems to be a tad better. I've noticed on the edge I get the paint drop animation whenever I have a top 5 call or message that I missed rather I have the phone turned face down or not. Which is good to me.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
5.1 was already released for the international models

I'm living Ireland with an unlocked international model and I've not received the update. It's the same across most of Europe with it not having been released yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm living Ireland with an unlocked international model and I've not received the update. It's the same across most of Europe with it not having been released yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Is there a known way to grab an international version update and force it on an AT&T S6?

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

mnphoneguy1

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed a couple of issues since the update and curious if others are experiencing this:

1. Bluetooth syncing issues with car. It keeps saying pairing failed.
2. Textra count notifications on the app does not appear. For example normally if i have two unread texts the number "2" will show in front of the app
3. General lag or latency issues with Google Maps. It has seemed more sluggish lately and sometimes when I pick a route it shows a different route to the same destination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma