Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 releases

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed a couple of issues since the update and curious if others are experiencing this:

1. Bluetooth syncing issues with car. It keeps saying pairing failed.
2. Textra count notifications on the app does not appear. For example normally if i have two unread texts the number "2" will show in front of the app
3. General lag or latency issues with Google Maps. It has seemed more sluggish lately and sometimes when I pick a route it shows a different route to the same destination.

Clear the cache partition.

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up. I'm on the "Three" network in the UK and I got the update a couple of hours ago. Everything working great so far. Not masses of changes to report but finally we can sort the app list by A-Z in the UK!!! Worth it just for that!

2015-07-03 18.27.18.jpg

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Idk if I should be surprised or not that AT&T is last as pushing this update... They need to keep up

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Question: When an AT&T connected phone gets an Android update, does this also mean that a Cricket Wireless phone will also get the same update?

Haroon Ikhlaq

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I've received the 5.1.1 update on Vodafone UK, RAM still sits at about 250mb free, still no RAW support. So basically haven't really noticed any difference, not that I was having any issues or anything to begin with.

Posted via S6

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I've received the 5.1.1 update on Vodafone UK, RAM still sits at about 250mb free, still no RAW support. So basically haven't really noticed any difference, not that I was having any issues or anything to begin with.

Posted via S6

Just checked my Ram and without closing anything down it was sitting between 400mb - 450mb and when I closed everything it went up by about 100mb. This is after the update.

Screenshot_2015-07-04-20-46-52.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-04-20-47-15.jpg

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
...still no RAW support.

It should be accessible via third party apps:

Sammobile said:
To access all of these advanced camera features on the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, just install a third-party camera application from the Google Play Store that has full support for Lollipop’s Camera2 API. It’s unclear when Samsung is going to enable all of these features in the stock camera app but for now third-party apps are the way to go if you want lower ISO values, RAW support and control over the shutter speed.

Wai Kong Pang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Overall I feel the phone behave smoother then 5.0 even the scrolling feels snappier. I love the upgrade.

Only one problem keep bugging is that I always receive an error message "unfortunately hangout has stop working" which I didn't use hangout and already had it disabled long time ago.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Overall I feel the phone behave smoother then 5.0 even the scrolling feels snappier. I love the upgrade.

Only one problem keep bugging is that I always receive an error message "unfortunately hangout has stop working" which I didn't use hangout and already had it disabled long time ago.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

This has been discussed here before but can't tell you exactly when, so try to do a search on this forum for that specific error.

But I think that it must be some other Google App linked to hangout somehow and because it's disabled it's giving you the error, try enable it again and see if it doesn't give you the error again, then you'll know for sure that's an app calling the other one.

8taylor8

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
What does the ram issue effect? I have had my gs6 now for 2 weeks with verizon and havent notices anything but battery issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

EMY92

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
It'd be nice if they would, but I also don't mind waiting as long as they get it right.

I doubt AT&T is all that interested in getting it right, however, I am sure that they are interested in adding a new batch of bloat with the update.