Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 releases

Wai Kong Pang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Just checked my RAM usage again, it's sitting at 400mb~ and went up to 500mb~ after killing all the apps!

Posted via S6

I thought I read somewhere that Android is designed to use up the RAM? if you keep killing the apps in your ram it will utilise more power to re-write them into it

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

Haroon Ikhlaq

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that Android is designed to use up the RAM? if you keep killing the apps in your ram it will utilise more power to re-write them into it

Yeah I've read that too, I don't normally kill the apps, just wanted to see how much RAM I could free up.

Posted via S6

Wai Kong Pang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I seldom kill my apps. And I am still stick with around 80~90% of RAM usage.

And I find it the phone still very snappy. It didn't take that long for the apps to load.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-06-11-56-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-06-11-56-17.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 176

Patrick Fox2

May 28, 2015
Visit site
ha !!! we are always last to upgrade/update,, or not get a upgrade/update !! still waiting on lollipop for the moto x , 8 months past due, they say it's comin!! but when, 2016???? ;-)

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks im not real sure how to get to it. I went to applications applications manager. Found it but dont see how to launch it.

Some carriers (Verizon, AT&T) S6s didn't come pre-loaded with the app, and as far as I can tell it's not available separately. On AT&T, I see the process running in my apps manager, but there's no way to launch or access it.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
ha !!! we are always last to upgrade/update,, or not get a upgrade/update !! still waiting on lollipop for the moto x , 8 months past due, they say it's comin!! but when, 2016???? ;-)
Don't wish for something you may regret. Lolli-**** is just a turd on a stick. KitKat runs much better.

8taylor8

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Some carriers (Verizon, AT&T) S6s didn't come pre-loaded with the app, and as far as I can tell it's not available separately. On AT&T, I see the process running in my apps manager, but there's no way to launch or access it.

It seems to me that you can do a lot more on devices that are with other carriers then verizon.

Posted via the GS6

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Question: When an AT&T connected phone gets an Android update, does this also mean that a Cricket Wireless phone will also get the same update?

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Is it an AT&T branded S6? If so, then yes, when AT&T pushes out an update the phone will get it since updates push by serial number and that phones SN would still be in AT&T's database or whatever it is the use for that. The only exception might be if the phone is marked as stolen in AT&T's system.

If it's a Cricket branded S6 then most likely not. AT&T needs to make minor cosmetic changes to the firmware otherwise you would see an AT&T boot screen, AT&T apps and logo, etc. It should be fairly close though; likely within a few weeks.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it an AT&T branded S6? If so, then yes, when AT&T pushes out an update the phone will get it since updates push by serial number and that phones SN would still be in AT&T's database or whatever it is the use for that. The only exception might be if the phone is marked as stolen in AT&T's system.

If it's a Cricket branded S6 then most likely not. AT&T needs to make minor cosmetic changes to the firmware otherwise you would see an AT&T boot screen, AT&T apps and logo, etc. It should be fairly close though; likely within a few weeks.

AT&T still hasn't pushed out an update.

Posted via the Android Central App

8taylor8

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
So a update popped up to download and install. Said software up date. I updated it aand i guess it was just the baseband version not the 5.1.1. What is the baseband. Whats the difference?

Posted via the GS6

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar