Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 releases

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
At this point is seems AT&T likely won't push the update until after the Note 5 and S6+ launch; especially if the Note 5 launch marks the launch of Samsung Pay in the United States. AT&T would get to advertise the Note 5 (& S6+) as having Samsung Pay and then a few weeks after push out 5.1.1 with Samsung Pay for the S6.

Lollipop didn't get pushed to the S5 until after the S6 launch after all. AT&T seems to have found it's update 'strategy' when it comes to flagship phones: hold off until the next flagship is out (and yes, the Note 5 is very much a Samsung flagship phone.)

Basically the last week of this month.

Posted via the Android Central App

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Basically the last week of this month.

Posted via the Android Central App

Pretty much, if not a little later. This is a prime reason why I'll likely be selling my S6 once the Moto X Pure or new Nexus' come out. It's 2015 and we are still bound to carrier updates that lag behind for months and months and Google and the manufactures tend to just shrug and go 'not our faults, or problems'. Android bugs, and big ones, are still a huge issue and I'm getting tired of my phone being jacked up in some way for 75% of the year I own it because carriers take an extra 6 or 7 weeks to push out even a minor update.

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up an SM-G920W8 yesterday and it's still on 5.0.2?!? I came from an Xperia Z3 and even that's had 5.1 for a while now. Sony updating quicker than Samsung? I would never have thought!

leeroyy

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Quick question. I was able to pay my device off. I went ahead and unlocked my device. Do I still have to wait on AT&T for the update?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Quick question. I was able to pay my device off. I went ahead and unlocked my device. Do I still have to wait on AT&T for the update?
I'd imagine so because your line is still with AT&T. Being unlocked just means you can use that phone with any carrier that has a sim card.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
Speck Candyshell
ZAGG Tempered Glass

leeroyy

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'd imagine so because your line is still with AT&T. Being unlocked just means you can use that phone with any carrier that has a sim card.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
Speck Candyshell
ZAGG Tempered Glass
Thanks and yeah the more I read it is more to it than just putting a code in. Gotta find a SIM from another carrier. Not a big deal I guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante