After 2 to 3 days my S6 lags and stutters like crazy making the phone almost unbearable to use. So I have to reboot every 2-3 days. Even right after a fresh reboot I experience occasional lag. Somebody told me that SwiftKey was the culprit. Should I uninstall it to see? Does anybody feel the same way about SwiftKey?
    06-23-2015 01:32 PM
    Its my understanding that the 'Samsung Keyboard' that is installed as default, IS a Samsung licensed version of Swiftkey anyway, so I very much doubt it.
    06-23-2015 01:44 PM
    Two weeks ago I got a text from the Textra team, saying Swiftkey had confirmed a bug between their application and Swiftkey. At that time, my keyboard would freeze up once a day and I would have to reboot. However, since that time, I've received updates from both and no longer have issues. That said, if you suggest Swiftkey is the culprit, uninstall it, reboot, wipe the cache and see if you have the same issues with the phone.
    06-23-2015 01:47 PM
    After 2 to 3 days my S6 lags and stutters like crazy making the phone almost unbearable to use. So I have to reboot every 2-3 days. Even right after a fresh reboot I experience occasional lag. Somebody told me that SwiftKey was the culprit. Should I uninstall it to see? Does anybody feel the same way about SwiftKey?
    Nope. How did you know? I have the SwiftKey app from the Play Store.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    06-23-2015 01:48 PM
    Yeh but switkey is over twice the size of the Samsung Keyboard so maybe.
    Its my understanding that the 'Samsung Keyboard' that is installed as default, IS a Samsung licensed version of Swiftkey anyway, so I very much doubt it.
    As I understand it, they license some of SK's technology for word prediction, but that it's not simply a rebranded SK.
    I uninstalled swiftkey just now. I will report back in a couple days
    06-23-2015 02:17 PM
    I believe so and I'm going back to the stock keyboard for now. My S6 has been hanging when trying to answer pop up sms from Textra with Swiftkey.
    06-23-2015 02:36 PM
    My issue is different as I do not use Textra. My whole phone lags and stutters after two days...and not just while using the keyboard.
    06-23-2015 02:38 PM
    My issue is different as I do not use Textra. My whole phone lags and stutters after two days...and not just while using the keyboard.
    What launcher do you use? Touchwiz, although greatly slimmed down, is still laggy. Henceforth I use nova prime.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-24-2015 06:13 PM
    I use SwiftKey with no lag issues.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6
    06-24-2015 07:04 PM
    I too noticed a bit a lag with SwiftKey, turning off the emoji predictions made it better. Might be a placebo effect tho!

06-24-2015 07:46 PM
    I too noticed a bit a lag with SwiftKey, turning off the emoji predictions made it better. Might be a placebo effect tho!

Try clearing the app storage cache.
    06-24-2015 08:44 PM
    I am also experience extreme lag on the s6 not just in the keyboard but in the whole system. As you say it gets unbearable and happens quite often. It's not just stuttering in the launcher, but in apps, setting, everything. It is often accompanied by the phone getting very hot.

I unusually fix this by booting into the boot loader menu, clearing the cache and then rebooting. It fixes things for a little while.

I am hoping this is a result of the memory management bug that has been discussed previously on this forum and that a future update will fix things. If not I will have to look for a new phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    06-25-2015 02:20 AM
    I am also experience extreme lag on the s6 not just in the keyboard but in the whole system. As you say it gets unbearable and happens quite often. It's not just stuttering in the launcher, but in apps, setting, everything. It is often accompanied by the phone getting very hot.

I unusually fix this by booting into the boot loader menu, clearing the cache and then rebooting. It fixes things for a little while.

I am hoping this is a result of the memory management bug that has been discussed previously on this forum and that a future update will fix things. If not I will have to look for a new phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    I wonder if issues brought up in these forums end up spreading like a placebo effect?
    deeb215 likes this.
    06-25-2015 12:12 PM
    I have the s6 active. It lags like hell! I'm typing in hangouts and it just freezes for a few seconds while I'm typing...so frustrating. Also, the phone in general lags. Like I have a phone from 10 years ago. What's going on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    09-18-2015 03:42 PM