Samsung Galaxy S6 - Bluetooth won't stay on -why?

kevinff

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S6 - bluetooth won't stay on - please help

I've had my white G6 for about 3 months now and haven't had any problems until the past few days. I used to be able to connect the BT to several devices: cars, ear piece, speakers, etc, but now the BT won't even stay on long enough to connect to anything. I hit the BT button, it will stay on for about 8 seconds and then turn off.

I did the BT force close, clear cache and it still won't turn on. I did a factory reset this morning and I am still unable to turn on BT. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I searched through the forum and didn't see anything like this - most of the BT issues are about connecting to a device. Mine won't even stay on.

Any help would be appreciated if you have an idea on how to fix this. Thanks

Pghshelby

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 - bluetooth won't stay on - please help

Same problem here! And currently it seems to only be at my house, I tried show someone the problem at the office yesterday and it was connected, and could see my speakers, no problem. will check again today but either way, this is frustrating. Someone please help

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

To those having this issue, what version of Lollipop do you currently have? Did you recently upgrade to 5.1.1?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I've had my white G6 for about 3 months now and haven't had any problems until the past few days. I used to be able to connect the BT to several devices: cars, ear piece, speakers, etc, but now the BT won't even stay on long enough to connect to anything. I hit the BT button, it will stay on for about 8 seconds and then turn off.

I did the BT force close, clear cache and it still won't turn on. I did a factory reset this morning and I am still unable to turn on BT. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I searched through the forum and didn't see anything like this - most of the BT issues are about connecting to a device. Mine won't even stay on.

Any help would be appreciated if you have an idea on how to fix this. Thanks

Do you have or remember installing any kind of Tasker app, those that you can set things depending on where you are or if you connect to a Bluetooth device or wifi? If yes, first, go and force stop that app and I'd suggest to just uninstall it completely and then go to Recovery Menu and Wipe Cache partition.

If the above doesn't apply, have you turned on Smart Lock and have set any Bluetooth devices to activate it? If so, just remove all devices from Smart lock activations and I'd suggest to Clear all Credentials on Lock Screen and Security settings, plus turning off completely the Smart Lock feature (just to see if it's related) this in Trust Agents in Other Security settings.

If nothing above mentioned works and you have done a factory reset already, sorry but look for a replacement, it maybe a hardware problem. But before you do that, look online for the issue as I've read that some devices with Lollipop are showing similar symptoms.

Pghshelby

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

I just turned off my mobile data, and am just connected through Wi-Fi, and it works. I don't know if this is a fluke or will work, but worth a try.

kickingcans

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

Yes, I recently upgraded to 5.1.1 and now cannot connect to the car bluetooth. My wife can connect with 5.0.2. Any fixes coming or available now?

duckdown

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Hello there, 2 week old S6 owner having the exact same problem!

Everyone in this thread stopped reporting back, what is the solution? I do not have any Tasker apps installed nor hardly any apps at all!

Nancy203

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

Hello there, 2 week old S6 owner having the exact same problem!

Everyone in this thread stopped reporting back, what is the solution? I do not have any Tasker apps installed nor hardly any apps at all!

To anyone having a issue with samsung galaxys6 bluetooth disconnecting or not connecting at all. My solution is going to the diagnostic phone. To go there go to the dial keypad. Enter *#7353# . it will send u to 12 features of testing phone keypads. #7 is bluetooth. Once press it will turn on bluetooth n it will connect to nearby devices. Hope that helps. It sure gave me a relief of dealing w. This issue n finding a solution and sharing it w. U guys

Nancy203

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

Had the same issues. Hope I'm not too late but just found a solution n wanted to share.. On your phone number keypad dial *#7353# it will take u to phone diagnostic and #7 is bluetooth, once press it will directly turn on bluetooth. Hope it helps

tuuigs

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

Just to give everyone an update on what worked for me. After the 5.1.1 update my phone started having this issue. I ran a factory reset on the phone an all of the issues that came about with the update corrected themselves. Make sure you have all of your photos, files and apps backed up to google or Samsung prior to running the reset but if this is annoying you as much as it was annoying me it is worth it.

Seb Carter

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site

I too can now not use BT in my BMW after 5.1.1 update.
Reset the device to factory settings.... Did not work.
Updated car software... Did not work.
Smart lock disabled... Did not work.

I am so annoyed. It seems that lollipop 5.1.1 has many issues, which probably means that this one won't be sorted any time soon.
Has anyone got any more suggestions?
I have sent a very snotty email to Samsung basically saying:
"I have a phone that now only lasts 20 hours on it's battery, gets hot, is slowing down after a few months and now doesn't play music in my car! It will soon be useless and I have 18 months left of my contract!
But at least it looks pretty hey..."

jake_1972

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site

i have the same issue with my bmw 520 and bluetooth tongle for my headset

Robert Boden

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

Hello. I have the same problem. My Samsung S6 will no longer pair with my 2015 Toyota Highlander's Bluetooth. It will initially connect. But when the car is requesting permission to access contacts and messages, the car doesn't seem to receive the signal from my phone, that the phone has Allowed permission.

I have unpaired and wiped the Bluetooth cache and app data numerous times. Just looking for any other ideas.

I have Lollipop version 5.1.1 as well. Any help would be welcome

frizzelly

May 24, 2015
Visit site

I am running ver 5.0.1

my slight variation of this issue is that i can connect to my car for example using bluetooth, but as soon as my phone is turned off, the connection closes as well. This did not happen prior to when I installed the latest ver of the OS. Having said this, am not certain that the problem with Bluetooth is directly related to the OS change. HELP please!!

kickingcans

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

Had the same issues. Hope I'm not too late but just found a solution n wanted to share.. On your phone number keypad dial *#7353# it will take u to phone diagnostic and #7 is bluetooth, once press it will directly turn on bluetooth. Hope it helps

Thanks for the suggestion, but this didn't help at all.

kimberly mancuso

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

Me and my husband both are having the same problem. We are talking to someone on the phone through bluetooth and it shuts off. You have to talk through your phone, and then it connects again. Very dangerous when you driving. Help!

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

Me and my husband both are having the same problem. We are talking to someone on the phone through bluetooth and it shuts off. You have to talk through your phone, and then it connects again. Very dangerous when you driving. Help!

Studies have shown that hands-free phone calls are only slightly safer than holding a phone to your ear. Carrying on a conversion is the major distraction, which I suspect would include talking to a passenger. Losing connection on a call should only be dangerous if the driver is compelled to initiate a callback, or fumble with their phone to check or re-enable Bluetooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair