I have the defender but I'm wondering does the Commuter provide good protection if you're in a parking lot or driveway and drop the phone? I see the screen doesn't look as protected as the Defender because the lips are not as high so if you hit even a small rock I could see the screen breaking.

So if you drop it face first would the Commuter not provide good protection?
    06-24-2015 01:27 PM
    I have one and it does a decent job. I forget its in my lap sometimes and go to get out of my truck and it falls to the ground. Been ok do far

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-24-2015 01:28 PM
    I have one and it does a decent job. I forget its in my lap sometimes and go to get out of my truck and it falls to the ground. Been ok do far

Posted via the Android Central App

I just don't like how the sides look flimsy because the hard plastic shell doesn't wrap around as much as the older version. Some complains on Amazon about the rubber being loose on the edges. If you want a thin case compared to the Defender I wonder if the Tech21 tactical would be better.
    06-24-2015 02:24 PM
    I just don't like how the sides look flimsy because the hard plastic shell doesn't wrap around as much as the older version. Some complains on Amazon about the rubber being loose on the edges. If you want a thin case compared to the Defender I wonder if the Tech21 tactical would be better.
    Having used both, though not on my GS6, the Defender is better on slick or inclined surfaces.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    06-24-2015 02:39 PM
    When I was buying my wireless charger at e Best Buy Mobile store today I looked at the commuter. I don't like how the sides of it are really rubbery and the plastic backing doesn't wrap around as much as my S3 did and overall just doesn't look as good so I'll stick to the Defender for now.

The Tech21 Tactical cases look good but the camera cutout and the depth of the case I'd be worried if it fell screen first and if there is pebbles or something on the ground. I had the similar case for my S2 with the 3do Technology I bought from Tmobile years back and it did work from about a 2 foot fall in a parking lot face down. MIght consider a Tech21 eventually though.
    06-24-2015 04:28 PM