How can I fix my S6 that has a black screen with an X on the screen?

kadeebug123

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Hello all.. i'm having this same issue :( the black screen came on with the x.. and now its in the green screen with the downloading Do not turn off target message displayed. I have been having troubles the last couple of days with my phone charging correctly. No matter what charger i use (mine at home, mine at work or a friends of mine at work) nothing would charge my phone correctly, or fully. It would charge for a bit, then stop. I was trying to clean out the Charging area with some Air in a can, when the robotic voice came on and it went to the black screen with the x. Before that, was some option to download something, but i chose not too and then my phone did this. Also, last night my phone was in my pocket at work, when it kept making some real funny noise. I pulled it out to see that it was trying to connect to a docking station.. which was impossible. Since then is when i have been having troubles with it charging... and now this. This phone isn't very old either. I got it around thanksgiving, when i broke my last s6. So.. i'm reading all the messages on here and trying all i can, but if anyone has any newer solid advice to shoot my way, it sure would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch yall
Katie:confused:

I had the same problem it started when a new app downloaded called Samsung vr and oculos but I uninstalled them and it's went back to normal it might just be a fluke though hope this helps

kadeebug123

May 16, 2017
Visit site
As it stands, go figure, after writing this post and figuring if its junked, ill just buy a new one, i chose to try the volume down button, home button and power button EVEN THOUGH the green screen told me NOT to turn off the phone, i did it anyways. Phone restarted, and turned on completely, as if nothing. Will keep anyone updated if it happens again.. :) So, if you don't hear back from me, chances are we're good :D:D

Hello all.. i'm having this same issue :( the black screen came on with the x.. and now its in the green screen with the downloading Do not turn off target message displayed. I have been having troubles the last couple of days with my phone charging correctly. No matter what charger i use (mine at home, mine at work or a friends of mine at work) nothing would charge my phone correctly, or fully. It would charge for a bit, then stop. I was trying to clean out the Charging area with some Air in a can, when the robotic voice came on and it went to the black screen with the x. Before that, was some option to download something, but i chose not too and then my phone did this. Also, last night my phone was in my pocket at work, when it kept making some real funny noise. I pulled it out to see that it was trying to connect to a docking station.. which was impossible. Since then is when i have been having troubles with it charging... and now this. This phone isn't very old either. I got it around thanksgiving, when i broke my last s6. So.. i'm reading all the messages on here and trying all i can, but if anyone has any newer solid advice to shoot my way, it sure would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch yall
Katie:confused:

dumbboi69

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
I dont have a good solution for this, but i think I fixed it.
I simply kept restarting the phone with power, home and volume down. I got really upset, so I just kept doing that and pressing all the buttons. After like 5 minutes I managed to glitch out.

When you are rid of the black screen, just turn off you'r phone. Press power, home and volume down. Then you get a menu with several options. I wiped the cache, and rebooted the phone.

I dont know if this is the best solution, but it seems to be okay now. :)

I am having the same issue but my phone wont charge no matter what charger or port i use

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles