Finally! Material theme in the theme store!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I know, it's awesome. It makes me happy with my phone all over again. It's a very well made theme. Pretty much everything is material.

I've only been around Android since the GS3 and ICS. There are a lot of bright colors in the Theme, something that is always mentioned as a reason not to like Touchwiz?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I've only been around Android since the GS3 and ICS. There are a lot of bright colors in the Theme, something that is always mentioned as a reason not to like Touchwiz?

I'm not sure about the colors by themselves being the issue, but I've heard a lot of people say that they don't like how TW has a "cartoon" or "childish" look. I think it was just the way Samsung incorporated certain colors and the styling of images throughout the software. Material is all about colors, but it's a "clean" look.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Can you use your own wallpapers with this theme?

Yes, it's just like any of the other themes in the store, that's exactly what I did as soon as I installed it I must have my 2 girls there all the time.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Folks.........

OK, but.... What's so different than the original Material theme that came with the phone?????? I still see white background, white background, and more white backgrounds. All I really want is an end to endless white backgrounds, and this sure doesn't do that......

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I also use the theme with Nova Launcher Prime. Between the two, it doesn't even look like TW anymore.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Folks.........

OK, but.... What's so different than the original Material theme that came with the phone?????? I still see white background, white background, and more white backgrounds. All I really want is an end to endless white backgrounds, and this sure doesn't do that......
It's much cleaner looking all throughout the phone. It's obviously not going to appeal to every person. If it doesn't appeal to you, don't use it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's just like any of the other themes in the store, that's exactly what I did as soon as I installed it I must have my 2 girls there all the time.

Hate to ask a stupid question but if I don't like it, I can uninstall it?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Folks.........

He created 2 of this themes, this one and the Material dark that seems to be the one you will like. For some reason just the regular one appeared, so let's wait to see what happened with the other one as both of them were approved last week.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think he is still working on the dark theme. I've seen some screenshots of the work in process Material Dark and it looks very nice. I prefer the white backgrounds and the stock android look myself, but for those how prefer a dark background, that is also coming.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It's a great theme and I'll give it a test run for a day's use. As someone that uses Nova with a different wallpaper and icon pack, I'm just interested in themes for:

Lock screen (font of time, design of icons at bottom), notification shade, dialer and settings.

Lock screen is great, settings looks good, dialer seems oddly bright by comparison (is that actually what stock looks like?)... My one beef is the notification shade. It's good, but I wish the "on" colours of the icons weren't white, and I wish the name of connections (like wifi network name under icon) weren't white. Everything is white, it would be nice if those things were the same blue as the brightness slider or something.

Really though, I'm enjoying the theme overall. Thanks to the dev!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Love the tilt effect when you are the first or last homescreen if you try to push it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad