Finally! Material theme in the theme store!

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
It wasn't pulled. The developer hasn't heard anything and doesn't know why it's not showing either. It appears it's only parts of North America that can't see it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Material Theme

Hello,
I have seen articles revealing the fact that the Samsung Galaxy S6 Material Design theme is available.
I have looked in the store, and I can not find it. Could I have some help please?
Phone Model: SM-G920W8

Thanks,
John

Just to second this I'm in canada and it's not in the store...but as someone mentioned if its removed then it makes sense.

Posted via the Android Central App

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't pulled. The developer hasn't heard anything and doesn't know why it's not showing either. It appears it's only parts of North America that can't see it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
It showed for me last night and I even downloaded it but it's not there anymore for me

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It was the entire "themes for man" section that disappeared last night. That section is back now, but the material theme still isn't showing.

Maybe things will work out and both the regular Material and the dark Material themes will be released next Wednesday late.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Because this hasn't been confusing enough already... It's back on the store for me.

It was there last night and I got it. Based on all the talk, I checked the store today and it was NOT there any longer. The "new" themes reverted to old themes and the "for man" section was gone.

Well I just checked again and it's back, listed in "new" themes.

Attachments

• 1435289580063.jpg
    1435289580063.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 62

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Because this hasn't been confusing enough already... It's back on the store for me.

It was there last night and I got it. Based on all the talk, I checked the store today and it was NOT there any longer. The "new" themes reverted to old themes and the "for man" section was gone.

Well I just checked again and it's back, listed in "new" themes.
I read that the theme engine prevents the calendar and the clock icons. Why?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it Google or Samsung the theme engine? I noticed that the clock and the calendar icons are static. Are they that way on a Nexus device? I wouldn't think so. Just asking the questions. It seems like there are a lot of IP issues when Samsung or a developer wants to make a change or release a theme and other hurdles to overcome as well as a lengthy approval process.

Last edited:

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that the themes also change the look of the volume controls when you adjust volume with the hardware buttons. Nice touch!

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Is it Google or Samsung the theme engine? I noticed that the clock and the calendar icons are static. Are they that way on a Nexus device? I wouldn't think so. Just asking the questions. It seems like there are a lot of IP issues when Samsung or a developer wants to make a change or release a theme and other hurdles to overcome as well as a lengthy approval process.

They are static on nexus..............

Posted via the Android Central App

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
With the material theme, it's almost like Touchwiz isn't there. Now if Google would finally get Lollipop fully sorted and the memory leak fully resolved.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
After a few days, I have to say.... I'd rank "Desert" and "High Tech" over Material. I might even put "Space Odyssey" and even the Default themes at or above it.