charger prob

Janet OSully

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Every time I plug in my phone it says "slow charging...to increase charge time use cable included with phone when purchased. But I am!

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you're also using the original Samsung charger. If the data pins in the charger aren't shorted (that's how Samsung does it), the phone is being told to charge at the USB 2.0 rate - about 450mA. If it sees the short it charges at around 1,200mA.

If you're using both the original cable and the original charger, find someone else with a Samsung with a 2 Amp charger (Note 3 or 4, S4, 5 or 6) and try their charger and cable. If you still get the same thing, your charging port is loose - one of the data pins isn't making contact (you also won't be able to copy files from the phone to a computer), and that has to be fixed in a shop (the phone should still be under warranty so, depending on your country and carrier, that might mean they fix it, they send it to a repair shop for you or they give you another phone. (In any case, back up everything - see Backing up an Android Device - before bringing it in. If they give you a new phone, everything on your phone stays on the old phone. If they repair it, the first step is normally a factory reset to deliberately wipe all your data, so an unscrupulous employee can't copy things from your phone. [Some carriers and repair shops make working on a phone that's not wiped grounds for instant dismissal. In my repair shops, confiscation of your phone was added to that. You'd get it back after I personally wiped all data off it, to make sure that anything you stole from a customer was gone. ]Data theft isn't considered as bad as murder by the law. It should be, because it could lead to murder. I never allowed it, and made that clear during the initial employment interview - you steal data from a customer and I call the police - you've stolen (my customers' trust, which is worth money) from me, and if the customer wants to press charges also, that's 2 cases against you. Most carriers and repair shops do the same thing, even if they don't call in the law, so don't worry about your data being stolen, just worry about backing it up - which it should be anyway. You can't recover data from a phone that a truck just rode over.)

Janet OSully

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks...I think its a charger port problem. So I have to bring it to Verizon? ugh!!! I hate dealing with them.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Make sure you're also using the original Samsung charger. If the data pins in the charger aren't shorted (that's how Samsung does it), the phone is being told to charge at the USB 2.0 rate - about 450mA. If it sees the short it charges at around 1,200mA.

If you're using both the original cable and the original charger, find someone else with a Samsung with a 2 Amp charger (Note 3 or 4, S4, 5 or 6) and try their charger and cable. If you still get the same thing, your charging port is loose - one of the data pins isn't making contact (you also won't be able to copy files from the phone to a computer), and that has to be fixed in a shop (the phone should still be under warranty so, depending on your country and carrier, that might mean they fix it, they send it to a repair shop for you or they give you another phone. (In any case, back up everything - see Backing up an Android Device - before bringing it in. If they give you a new phone, everything on your phone stays on the old phone. If they repair it, the first step is normally a factory reset to deliberately wipe all your data, so an unscrupulous employee can't copy things from your phone. [Some carriers and repair shops make working on a phone that's not wiped grounds for instant dismissal. In my repair shops, confiscation of your phone was added to that. You'd get it back after I personally wiped all data off it, to make sure that anything you stole from a customer was gone. ]Data theft isn't considered as bad as murder by the law. It should be, because it could lead to murder. I never allowed it, and made that clear during the initial employment interview - you steal data from a customer and I call the police - you've stolen (my customers' trust, which is worth money) from me, and if the customer wants to press charges also, that's 2 cases against you. Most carriers and repair shops do the same thing, even if they don't call in the law, so don't worry about your data being stolen, just worry about backing it up - which it should be anyway. You can't recover data from a phone that a truck just rode over.)

I'm a bit confused about the 450a slow charge you mention. My S6 has no issues with fast charging with the OEM charger(supposedly 1.67 amp according to the paperwork), but still charges reasonably quick with my old HTC 1 amp charger and much faster than the 500ma I get at work via USB. The only time I've ever seen the slow charging message is with my old DNA on an aftermarket charger that was 6 or 7 months old. Even it charged at a normal 1 amp rate until then and I don't get that message when that one is plugged into my S6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance