Material Design Theme Reviews

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It's back on the theme store. I had heard such great things about material and was anticipating it as I've never experienced it on my phone, but I'm disappointed. I find the icons and overall look very cartoony. Better than touchwiz, but I like a couple of the other themes more. Been using I Have a Dream with a custom wallpaper for a few weeks, and I love the icons. They are, imo, much more elegant and classy.
But as we say in Android land, options are a great thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Why can't the theme engine be changed so the clock and the calendar icons can be dynamic instead of static?

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Why can't the theme engine be changed so the clock and the calendar icons can be dynamic instead of static?

It could. Samsung would need to add that capability. Seems like an obvious thing they should have so I would expect they will add it in the future.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It could. Samsung would need to add that capability. Seems like an obvious thing they should have so I would expect they will add it in the future.

How large an effort would it be? I can't think of a good reason.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I really wish there were more variety of colors for this theme. Its a nice looking theme but needs more color variety...especially for the settings

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I love the animation on the wallpaper when you turn on the screen. I was just about to use another background until I noticed that. I do still have Nova installed and will be switching to Lollipop icons or something circular.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I really wish there were more variety of colors for this theme. Its a nice looking theme but needs more color variety...especially for the settings

Isn't the point of the theme to mimic stock Android?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the point of the theme to mimic stock Android?

Well yeah, but that shouldnt be the ONLY color available...I mean developers could definitely be creative. Make a dark version stock android theme

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Question about icon packs.

I found Stealth, Smoke and Glass, and Moonshine icon packs.

Which one do you guys have or like? I have never used them so don't blast me for asking. Once you install them, they replace your icons regardless of theme or skin?

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Well yeah, but that shouldnt be the ONLY color available...I mean developers could definitely be creative. Make a dark version stock android theme

I think we have to give the developers some more time. I think if this one proves popular there will definitely be some different color combinations available. This Material theme is really well done for what it is.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think we have to give the developers some more time. I think if this one proves popular there will definitely be some different color combinations available. This Material theme is really well done for what it is.

Yeah thats true
I wonder what Samsung's requirements are for themes...I'm sure they disapprove a lot of potential good ones

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Question about icon packs.

I found Stealth, Smoke and Glass, and Moonshine icon packs.

Which one do you guys have or like? I have never used them so don't blast me for asking. Once you install them, they replace your icons regardless of theme or skin?

Most, if not all of the Icon Packs are not compatible with Touchwiz, well, at least it was like that before I don't really know if something has changed.

I'm currently using the Material Design theme until the dark version is released but this is just for Menu, Notification shade, Phone and Contacts apps as I'm using Nova Prime with Marvak Icon pack, I think they cost about $1 or something like that, but definitely worth it, very clean, classy and colorful Circular icons.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Most, if not all of the Icon Packs are not compatible with Touchwiz, well, at least it was like that before I don't really know if something has changed.

I'm currently using the Material Design theme until the dark version is released but this is just for Menu, Notification shade, Phone and Contacts apps as I'm using Nova Prime with Marvak Icon pack, I think they cost about $1 or something like that, but definitely worth it, very clean, classy and colorful Circular icons.

Nova Prime+Icon Pack+Material Design theme?

If I revert to Touchwiz, everything goes back to the way it was?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Nova Prime+Icon Pack+Material Design theme?

If I revert to Touchwiz, everything goes back to the way it was?

Yes, and you can save your set up if you decide to go back to it.

Posted via the Android Central App

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

He is also doing a dark Material design, which is what I will switch to when it arrives. I think this theme does a great job of making it look like stock android, which is a few steps better than stock touchwiz. The dark theme will be where I live, once it is out though. With Nova and lollipop icons, clear out the background for folders, it looks enough like stock for me to use it instead of the Stud Silver (I did not use their icons), which I liked for the dark settings and notification shade. Really, the notification shade is what I want themed more than anything else, and Material is perfect for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret