I used to be able to purchase ringtones of my favorite songs from artists through the iTunes store, but it seems you can not buy ringtones in the Google play store, you have to put the full song on your phone after paying for it and edited out the part of the song you want as a ringtone

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-26-2015 02:57 AM
    I used to be able to purchase ringtones of my favorite songs from artists through the iTunes store, but it seems you can not buy ringtones in the Google play store, you have to put the full song on your phone after paying for it and edited out the part of the song you want as a ringtone

Try Zedge. They have millions of "FREE" ringtones to download.
    06-26-2015 04:27 AM
    There are 100s of FREE ringtone apps on the PlayStore. Zedge is one of them.
    06-26-2015 06:01 PM
    I use my iTunes ringtones by using a ringtone maker app from the store. Email the tone to your phone, save it, then edit it or not thru the app where it will show up. then save it to either the ringtones, alarms, etc file using the app. This way I can still use my old iTunes songs. I had thought I had lost my iTunes stuff when I returned to android. Personally I think iTunes has a better selection than zedge for what I like to listen to.
    06-26-2015 06:38 PM
    What ringtone maker app are you using from the store?

06-27-2015 02:46 AM
    What ringtone maker app are you using from the store?

LOL, its just called ringtone maker. it's pretty slick check it out
    06-27-2015 02:49 AM
    It's funny to me seeing how many iPhone users are used to paying for things that have been free on Android for years.

With that said, hope it works out for you and get the ring tone you are looking for at no charge! ๐Ÿ˜Š

06-28-2015 07:27 AM
    It's funny to me seeing how many iPhone users are used to paying for things that have been free on Android for years.

With that said, hope it works out for you and get the ring tone you are looking for at no charge! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Awsome post!

06-28-2015 01:58 PM
    Awsome post!

Yup. After trying out apple for 6 months I didn't want to leave my ringtones behind when I returned to android. I was glad to figure out a method to do it.
    06-28-2015 02:06 PM
    I'm not very technical, but I'll give this a try. I've tried multiple synching apps, copy/paste from my PC into the Galaxy s6 folder using the USB, and downloaded Zedge (which has NONE of the 8 or 10 tones I'm looking for from my iPhone). No luck with any of this, so I'm hoping your method works for me.

Also, it looks like the Ringtone Maker app only makes ringtones from full song--is that correct? I already have the ringtones in iTunes and they are already m4r format, just like the rest of the standard ringtones on my phone...can't figure out why they won't play once I add them to the phone??
    07-14-2015 11:32 AM
    I'm not very technical, but I'll give this a try. I've tried multiple synching apps, copy/paste from my PC into the Galaxy s6 folder using the USB, and downloaded Zedge (which has NONE of the 8 or 10 tones I'm looking for from my iPhone). No luck with any of this, so I'm hoping your method works for me.

Also, it looks like the Ringtone Maker app only makes ringtones from full song--is that correct? I already have the ringtones in iTunes and they are already m4r format, just like the rest of the standard ringtones on my phone...can't figure out why they won't play once I add them to the phone??
    I have been able to use any length Ringtone either a full song or shorter segments. I just email my itunes ringtones to myself then download it to my phone from the email and they then appear in the ringtone maker app. Makes no difference as to the length. Then I either edit it or not and save it to the file I need through that app. It works very well for me. I did notice that sometimes I had to save it more than once to get it to work on the phone. Try experimenting and making multiple copies sometimes one copy will work while another will be silent and not play. Don't know if that's an apple thing or what but persistence pays off. I have all my Apple ringtones on my galaxy s6 now.
    07-14-2015 11:59 AM

I haven't read all the thread so I don't know if you have explained this, but if I understand you right, you have some Ringtones that you were using on your iPhone and want to use them on the S6, and you have access to the full file in your itunes Library, well, if i'm right, have you tried converting those m4r files to MP3? I think that if you do it, you should be able to use them just by copying those converted files to the Ringtones folder on your S6.

You may try something like this. http://www.zamzar.com/convert/m4r-to-mp3/
    07-14-2015 12:07 PM
    If you open up the "My Files" app, you can browse your phone's file structure ... there should be a folder called "Ringtones" in there ... if there is, it will at least have one audio file ringtone in there, if not more. If you do NOT have the folder, you can simply create it.

Now, just do a google search for "mobile phone ringtones" and a gazillion options/pages/sites will come up. Just browse around a bit and find one or ten you like ... download them and put them in the Ringtone's folder. Now, go to your phone settings and choose to select a default ringtone, and you'll see the ones you added to the Ringtone's folder. Choose the one you want, and rock on.

Now, the same thing goes with "Notifications" ... you can search the web for notification sound audio files, and copy them over to the Notifications folder on your phone, then select the one you want for whatever app has audible notifications.

I see no need to install or use an app for this stuff ... it's far too easy to do it manually. I have had the same few notifications and ringtones for my phone and email accounts for years and years ... I just copy them from phone to phone.
    07-14-2015 04:16 PM