Samsung Galaxy S6 stuck on Verizon boot screen

Dextershouse

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I purchased an S6 off of CL yesterday, was able to use it all evening and set it up via Wifi (purchased it after Verizon stores were closed, so have not been able to get a SIM card or get it activated with service). Everything was working perfectly.

This morning it asked to update, I accepted. Ever since the update when booting it is stuck on the red verizon screen. I have tried clearing the cache and doing a factory reset, no changes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like something went wrong with the update if the phone worked fine until then. You can download the Samsung Smart Switch software onto your computer and use the emergency firmware recovery feature and see if that corrects it. It'll wipe the phone, I think, but it may help.

Other then that you can check with Verizon, but if the ESN isn't clean (can happen easily with CL purchases since there is a higher chance of stolen phones) then they won't do much.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Does Craigslist have a purchase protection in place if an item doesn't function as advertised?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Dextershouse

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all your help--- you are correct cwise222 the Smart Switch did not work. It would not connect to the device.

We will go to Verizon later on today and see what they can do.... I'll update here in case anyone else has this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol