07-30-2015 09:14 AM
363 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Let me preface by saying I am an Android guy through and through. But by suggesting a user is "crippling the experience" by using the device as it is out the box is wrong. You have to understand, not everyone wants to dive into settings to make a device run well. I know most of us have no problem with doing that, but that is exactly why most of the mainstream public will always choose an iPhone over any one Android device. The Android platform is far superior to iOs in my opinion. But devices still need to run as close to flawless out the box as possible. As a long time user of android I still get frustrated at times. Now I would never switch to an iPhone but blaming the user for not having the optimal experience when they are just using the phone how it came to them in the box is not the answer. Not trolling friend just giving my opinion. Let's continue the conversation.
    It's obvious that you either didn't read my post well or complete or somehow totally misunderstood what I said.

I was saying that it has been verified that Chrome in some devices browsing some pages like this forums and others is laggy, that you may fix it by turning off Javascript, but doing this is really crippling the browser experience as you lose tons of features.

So I don't really know what you misunderstood but it's clear that I'm saying that OUT OF THE BOX with Javascript on is what he should be using. Clearer now?
    07-26-2015 01:28 PM
    Edit: this was in reply to another comment. However it appears you must quote instead of reply to a comment in order for your reply to make sense. Also no delete option. sweet. no more commenting here.

my verizon s6 doesnt have the samsung browser. Neither did my s5. only my s4 had it. my s6 overheats pretty often, Ive only gotten a warning about it once, but it runs so hot it hurts to touch. I also managed to bend it within a week. I am waiting for the i phone 6S to launch so I can SIM swap between both devices. the s6 is nice but rather buggy, as was somewhat expensive. woulndt have kept it had my s5 screen not shattered in my pocket.
    07-26-2015 01:33 PM
    Edit: this was in reply to another comment. However it appears you must quote instead of reply to a comment in order for your reply to make sense. Also no delete option. sweet. no more commenting here.

my verizon s6 doesnt have the samsung browser. Neither did my s5. only my s4 had it. my s6 overheats pretty often, Ive only gotten a warning about it once, but it runs so hot it hurts to touch. I also managed to bend it within a week. I am waiting for the i phone 6S to launch so I can SIM swap between both devices. the s6 is nice but rather buggy, as was somewhat expensive. woulndt have kept it had my s5 screen not shattered in my pocket.
    I wish Samsung had just stuck to the path they were on with the Galaxy Alpha and Note 4. I know some people love the S6/S6e. We'll have to see how their Note 5 and Galaxy S6e Plus X2 (or whatever they're gonna call it) does.

from the Elegance
    07-26-2015 01:46 PM
    I remember when everyone at my office had iPhones, then 3/4 of us eventually ended up with Android for the bigger screens. However, speaking for myself I've never really been happy with Android because of the lag, and the biggest issue is the bluetooth skipping issue during music playback. I've had 2 android phones and both with various versions of Android and they have all done this. There are several threads in various forums about this ongoing issue which of course Google continues to ignore. So, for me I will be going back to the iPhone with the release of iPhone 6s or 7 whatever Apple decides to call it. I am done with Android once and for all. I've told several folks in my office of my plans and it sort of funny because one just switched to an iPhone 6 this week and a few others are just waiting on the next version to switch. Apple's attention to detail and the fact that the software and the hardware are designed to work together proves itself over and over. I may not be able to customize it as with Android, but I'll give that up for stability, working bluetooth and far less lag. Freaking phones running 2.6GHZ processors with 3GB of RAM and they have lag. Crappy Android! Google attention to detail sucks!
    Hectorius likes this.
    07-26-2015 08:01 PM
    I remember when everyone at my office had iPhones, then 3/4 of us eventually ended up with Android for the bigger screens. However, speaking for myself I've never really been happy with Android because of the lag, and the biggest issue is the bluetooth skipping issue during music playback. I've had 2 android phones and both with various versions of Android and they have all done this. There are several threads in various forums about this ongoing issue which of course Google continues to ignore. So, for me I will be going back to the iPhone with the release of iPhone 6s or 7 whatever Apple decides to call it. I am done with Android once and for all. I've told several folks in my office of my plans and it sort of funny because one just switched to an iPhone 6 this week and a few others are just waiting on the next version to switch. Apple's attention to detail and the fact that the software and the hardware are designed to work together proves itself over and over. I may not be able to customize it as with Android, but I'll give that up for stability, working bluetooth and far less lag. Freaking phones running 2.6GHZ processors with 3GB of RAM and they have lag. Crappy Android! Google attention to detail sucks!
    I also had better overall experience with apple iphones but iphone is really boring for me. I also really like blackberry BB10 OS. I personally think that BB10 OS is better than IOS but it lacks application really bad.
    07-26-2015 08:39 PM
    You have to pay for a beta OS? Shocking! Buying the phone in the first place should cover that.
    Heck, I'm sure some people would pay to beta test the new Samsung Android version, but they don't even have the option.
    tadpoles likes this.
    07-26-2015 11:14 PM
    What lag?

Here's Galaxy S6 playing Need for Speed Most Wanted, 1080p movie, Twitch.tv Counter-Strike live feed and a couple of active background SSH sessions without issue.

For comparison, iPhone 6 with iOS 8 can't do more than one foreground task and no background tasks like SSH. iOS is fine for a basic experience but Android is more for the power user.

Attachment 188728
    The lag is clearly real, I've experienced it myself on every Samsung phone I've owned and too many people are reporting the same.

The S6 should out perform the iPhone given it's specs.
    What matters to most people is how quickly it pulls up your photo gallery, messaging app or camera. All of my Samsung handsets (and I only ever buy flagship) frequently had massive lags doing those basic tasks, my iPhone doesn't.

Again it goes back to getting the basics right before the technically impressive, but basically hypothetical (how many people are actually going to use a phone like that?) example you've posted.
    07-27-2015 01:08 AM
    I am not. I tried a 6+ for a little while just to test the waters... and while it is a good phone I just prefer Android a lot more.
    android for life I love the freedom

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    sam00 likes this.
    07-27-2015 02:29 AM
    The lag is clearly real, I've experienced it myself on every Samsung phone I've owned and too many people are reporting the same.

The S6 should out perform the iPhone given it's specs.
    What matters to most people is how quickly it pulls up your photo gallery, messaging app or camera. All of my Samsung handsets (and I only ever buy flagship) frequently had massive lags doing those basic tasks, my iPhone doesn't.

Again it goes back to getting the basics right before the technically impressive, but basically hypothetical (how many people are actually going to use a phone like that?) example you've posted.
    Theres no freaking lag opening the camera dude, and that goes for opening the gallery aswell Have you mixed up galaxy s3 with s6 or something? Its sounds a little bit like it.
    07-27-2015 02:55 AM
    This completely misses the point.
    Apple phones are not sold for the bling value, they sell because they work well and offer a consistently good user experience.
    It could be rocking a 486 processor with 4mb of memory for all I care so long as it runs quickly. Equally my old Note 4's whopping 3GB of memory didn't make me feel any better about it taking 5 seconds to open the multitasking page.

Megapixels? Lenses? Who cares? If my smartphone takes consistently great pictures I'm happy.
    As for 4K video, I'm not going to store a load of massive video files to play on a TV that I might own in 5 years time. It's such a niche requirement that it's a non feature to nearly everyone.

QHD screen? What's the point? There's no real difference between an iPhone 6 screen and any QHD screen that I've seen. All they do is make the battery run down quicker and create a heavier load on the CPU.

Specs are a means to an end, not the end itself.

Say what you like about Apple but they are the only manufacturer that can be relied upon to consistently get the basics right and given how crucial smartphones have become to our day to day lives, that's a killer feature in itself.
    I'm sorry to say that while all of the Android manufactures have been engaged in a pointless spec war, they should have been concentrating on making things work flawlessly.
    Typical Apple fan boy response, One minute it's oo look the retina display is magical and once it gets trounced oh but uhd is pointless even though the S6 has no worse battery than IP6.

As for running well on low hardware Microsoft have been doing that for 5 years and doing a better job than Apple, The Pictures now from a iPhone and something like the gs6 are no longer in the same league Apple is not keeping up. 4K Video yeah let's not add things to expensive phones because certain people don't use them great point.
    sam00 and Gray Area like this.
    07-27-2015 03:30 AM
    Typical Apple fan boy response, One minute it's oo look the retina display is magical and once it gets trounced oh but uhd is pointless even though the S6 has no worse battery than IP6.

As for running well on low hardware Microsoft have been doing that for 5 years and doing a better job than Apple, The Pictures now from a iPhone and something like the gs6 are no longer in the same league Apple is not keeping up. 4K Video yeah let's not add things to expensive phones because certain people don't use them great point.
    Brand logos can be responsible for price difference and an assumed licence to print money.

As soon as a large crown of people start asking, 'Have you got a WHATEVER BRAND THING?', then that company can pretty much charge what it wants and people will buy it. However, there also needs to be a sense of quality associated with the product as well. Consumers aren't idiots, well, some might be, and will know when what they are buying isn't what they were being sold.

Apple products have achieved a designer-brand status as well, which I think could be just as important as quality in terms of selling something. If the crowd wants to be seen using / wearing a particular brand of tech, then the brand can up its purchase price based on that. Also, for many people, a phone might be one of the few luxuries they can get their hands on. So, should they go for the brand the crowd are taking about, or one of the others? The thing with phones, there isn't really a designer brand

4K is now, so why not have it?

The great thing about Android phones is the abundance of choice: design, customisation and spec, whereas with IOS, well, what choice? Apple is a one-size-fits-all product, but Android is your product.
    07-27-2015 06:03 AM
    Looks like another pointless Apple vs Android fanboy war. Oh well...

But honestly, I've had no issues with my S6. It's as fast and smooth as my mothers iP6+ while pushing a higher res display, and the camera is simply amazing. I'm easily able to get around 24-40 hours of battery life (if I'm not playing a bunch of games). I've had no lags and no slowdowns whatsoever unless a rogue app was using up resources. You can choose to blatantly write off those of us who are having a great experience with this phone, but from my real life experience, I'm not an exception.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Saros, Gray Area and chezm like this.
    07-27-2015 06:10 AM
    Looks like another pointless Apple vs Android fanboy war. Oh well...

But honestly, I've had no issues with my S6. It's as fast and smooth as my mothers iP6+ while pushing a higher res display, and the camera is simply amazing. I'm easily able to get around 24-40 hours of battery life (if I'm not playing a bunch of games). I've had no lags and no slowdowns whatsoever unless a rogue app was using up resources. You can choose to blatantly write off those of us who are having a great experience with this phone, but from my real life experience, I'm not an exception.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    And it's the most active thread on the board....nice lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-27-2015 06:20 AM
    Yeah, I just sold my S6 Edge 32 gb today... its true that with a lot of adjustments battery almost gave me 16 hours... we cannot accept this kind of battery from a expensive phone like the S6 Edge.

Remember that incredible screen? You cannot appreciate it with the brightness in 20%.

I got the iPhone 6 until the Note 5. The iPhone gives me almost 26 hours of use... with automatic screen brightness.

I have always been a fan of samsung but they disrespected us with this sub par device (battery and performance at least... I LOOOOOOOVED that device but this was unacceptable)...
    07-27-2015 08:33 AM
    I switched from iPhone 6 to Galaxy S6 Active over a week ago and I love the phone. No lag, no freezes, it works great, right out of the box. I use the native launcher, and Touchwiz, plus the native text messaging app, and I have had no issues so far. I did install a new theme, to give it a new look, with some different colors, but the native scheme works for me as well. Plus the battery life on the S6 Active is a beast! I had the last few iPhones, and had no issues with those either. I just wanted a change, as iOS was just getting a little boring. I still have my iPhone 6, if I ever want to switch around again, but let's say I've been very happy with my switch to the Galaxy S6 Active!
    Gray Area likes this.
    07-27-2015 08:53 AM
    I'm with you on that. I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active, which I have no problems with by the way, but I like both OS systems. I just changed to the Galaxy S6 Active because I was bored with iOS, after having the few iPhones. But I still have my iPhone 6 if I want to switch around from time to time! But just to add, my S6 Active has been a great phone so far.
    07-27-2015 09:28 AM
    I'm with you on that. I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active, which I have no problems with by the way, but I like both OS systems. I just changed to the Galaxy S6 Active because I was bored with iOS, after having the last few iPhones. I still have my iPhone 6 if I want to switch around from time to time! But just to add, my S6 Active has been a great phone so far.
    Is Apple still that locked down? I was looking at the iPhone 6 plus the other day and it is huge but looked good, a friend was interested in one.
    07-27-2015 10:03 AM
    Ehhh... Idk. I googled and see stories about jailbreaking causing the phone to brick. I don't want to try it, especially since I just got this phone a week ago x__x
    I used to jailbreak all my apple devices just to keep from becoming bored with them and enjoyed Cydia very much. BUT over time my phones ALWAYS slowed and i had a lot of scary moments with the phone freezing or going black (brick like) or most popular getting stuck in a boot loop. My phones were used for fun as much as texting and stuff but if it were a business phone or i stored important school work or something on it i would NOT jailbreak. This coming from a guy who did all his friends and families phones (jailbroke them) but now that I've had an S4 and note 4 that have both run for years with no issues I'd probably stay away from jb if I ever bought another iPhone (won't happen unless there's major improvements and others fall behind)
    Read my posts in the battery tips thread by erasat. My problems are with the inconsistency of the battery not the 6-7 hour days that I get

There is actually a problem with the software on the s6 phones with the company I am with that only gives one or two bars of 4g signal to EVERY single device with that company. I had a conversation with tech support yesterday and they told me that they were apparently aware of it so now it's just a case of waiting to see if they push out a fix for it but in the meantime everyone with Telstra is experiencing weak 4g signal and due to this the phone is constantly searching for signal meaning inconsistency in battery life and sometimes battery drainage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    07-27-2015 10:36 AM
    I've had my SGS6 for 2-3 weeks now and don't recognize any of your problems (lag, freezing, overheating).

Battery life isn't great but has been good enough. Quick charging and wireless charging makes up for it.

"music constantly causing the phone to freeze when played over the Bluetooth in my car" - never seen that even once, using Spotify and BT in my car most days.

The S6 camera blows the iPhone 6 away, even the 6+ with OIS etc.
    07-27-2015 10:36 AM
    I did the same thing. Having owned an iPhone since the 3Gs, I have tried multiple Android phones and always go back. I thought the S6 would change that since there is an undeniable similarity to the iPhone. I currently have 6+ so the smaller screen was something I couldn't get use to but the resolution and screen quality was breathtaking. There was some lag and strange slowness that would appear for no good reason. My biggest complaint however was the battery life. I can go the entire day without a charge on my iPhone. I needed to charge the S6 3-4 times a day and that was the deal breaker.

Hopefully the S7 will have a much better battery and then I can switch for good.
    07-27-2015 11:23 AM
    Tells you just how bad the battery life is on a S6 that you list a plus of the iphone is better battery life... Don't often hear the battery life of an iphone making it in anyones plus column.
    07-27-2015 11:27 AM
    Yes I did. Same reason many of you mentioned: crashes, slow, poor battery life and too frequent recharges. downloaded one APP and five others piggy bagged. Now I have to watch advertisement before answering a call.
    07-27-2015 11:38 AM

Nope, not a fanboy.
    I've bought way more Android devices than I have Apple.

In most regards I prefer Android, I'm just tired of stuff not working properly so I bought an iPhone which I've had no issues with.

It's faster than my Note 4, why would I care which one has a faster processor?
    The pictures it takes are more consistently good than the Note 4, why would I care about how many megapixels one has compared to the other?
    07-27-2015 11:48 AM
    Had the s6 for about a week now and everything is running great. I don't know what people mean when they say they experience lag because I have yet to see any. As for battery life, it's not terrible and quick charging definitely makes up for it.
    Gray Area likes this.
    07-27-2015 12:29 PM
    2c worth.
    I have S6 Edge 32GB, iPhone 6 64GB & Nexus 5 32GB (I work for a telecoms provider:-)
    S6 Edge: Great design, amazing camera (love the quick launch feature) TW is 100x better than previous versions, BUT... Battery is AWFUL, I charge it by 3PM most days, and it gets almost no cell coverage at my house. And it does lag from time to time. To quantify that I mean when app switching or changing back to home screen there is sometimes a 1-5 sec delay before anything happens. That is Lag.
    iPhone 6: Again love the design, camera is great almost all the time in any situation (including chasing my 2 kids), iOS is as always rock-solid, and battery is pretty good. gets me through a whole day at work plus some. Gets decent coverage at home (I live rurally)
    Nexus 5: Old faithful. Had it since launch, running 5.1.1 un-rooted stock. Camera is consistently great (in MY experience), battery is good to great most days I use it, gets coverage at home, plus Android Lollipop is just butter smooth, and in my opinion the best mobile OS out at the moment. So much more to say about it, I doubt I'll ever sell it :-)

Anyway, the S6 is currently in the drawer while I jump back & forth between the other two... it's just too inconsistent, and has too many hiccups for a 2015 spec'd flagship IMO
    Mojofilter9 likes this.
    07-27-2015 03:45 PM
363 ... 1011121314 ...