Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smg-Uk

Banned
Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Name one area where the iPhone is better ? It gets absolutely trounced in every spec it doesn't even have better battery life despite almost half the amount of pixels on screen besides the fact no IR no OIS slower downloads weak screen etc etc your still just paying for the logo on the back there is not one advantage they have even now lost the advantage of better build quality.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Name one area where the iPhone is better ? It gets absolutely trounced in every spec it doesn't even have better battery life despite almost half the amount of pixels on screen besides the fact no IR no OIS slower downloads weak screen etc etc your still just paying for the logo on the back there is not one advantage they have even now lost the advantage of better build quality.

Battery life is at least as good on the iPhone, if not better. I have a 6 Plus and a Note 4. Some of my friends have the S6 while others have the iPhone 6. I haven't seen anything on either that trounces the other.

Sent from the Elegance

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The battery on it is pretty good -- It definitely isn't bad. The iPhone 6+ does have OIS on it -- The slower downloads depends highly on the network you are connected to.

Smg-Uk

Banned
Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Ha ok the fact is the iPhone screen is Trounced the iPhone camera is Trounced the iPhone internals are Trounced and the S6 has Cat6 LTE the IP6 only has Cat4 LTE this is not down to network and as for the 6+ having OIS well the IP6 is already more expensive than the S6 on contract here in the UK and the 6+ is even more ridiculously overpriced considering it does nothing better in any area.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ha ok the fact is the iPhone screen is Trounced the iPhone camera is Trounced the iPhone internals are Trounced and the S6 has Cat6 LTE the IP6 only has Cat4 LTE this is not down to network and as for the 6+ having OIS well the IP6 is already more expensive than the S6 on contract here in the UK and the 6+ is even more ridiculously overpriced considering it does nothing better in any area.

The Cat6 vs Cat4 really doesn't matter much since you won't see those theoretical speeds in many areas. I hit 100+ Mbps on my iPhone 6+ when I had it just like I can on my Galaxy S6 or my LG G4. The iPhone competes pretty well with the phones of today -- It just runs a different OS so it handles some things better and some things worse.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
That may well be true but like I said it's better in no area than the S6 it just can't compete.
That's funny because both my M9 and my iPhone 6 perform better in day to day use than anybody I know with an S6. Specs on paper mean nothing. The only thing I think that's better on the S6 is the camera.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Sure they do, This phone has no slow down and no lag and you think the screen on those phones comes close they don't

I'll just redirect you to these threads to refute that. Lots of users are having screen redraws, jankiness, etc. (I won't say lag because I personally haven't seen it). The other 2 I have though. The screen is nice, but it nor the camera are enough to make up for other problems I've seen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll just redirect you to these threads to refute that. Lots of users are having screen redraws, jankiness, etc. (I won't say lag because I personally haven't seen it). The other 2 I have though. The screen is nice, but it nor the camera are enough to make up for other problems I've seen.

I can say my iPhone 6+ had issues with re-drawing apps if I left them and came back a little bit later (even as early as 2-3 minutes). I believe it was part of the saving battery thing where they restrict apps in the background except for certain processes -- Also I am sure the RAM didn't help.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Well the S6 is brand new and Samsung focused on the iPhone as their goal. The next generation of iPhone is about to drop with Apple focusing on beating the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. I think they'll succeed and we'll have to see how the 6s or 6s Plus compare to their Samsung counterparts. My bet is they'll be competitive and will not be trounced but we'll have to see. I still don't think the iPhone 6 is trounced by the S6 but that's subjective.

Sent from the Elegance

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Actually you are right -- I added up what I could see and it is about 4-4.5 hours... but again that really isn't anything over my Android devices considering you are using it on wifi only and are down to 2%.

Apple does have good battery management .. Better than Android but they are also different in how they operate. Apple allows some back ground tasks whereas Android allows the entire app to run full power (if it calls for it). My gf's iPad Air 2 has amazing life (wifi-only model) and we only charge it once every 1 to 1 1/2 weeks so I agree on the life lasting. I agree the 6/6+ get good life but it doesn't just smoke my Android devices. I used the 6+ for about 5-6 months so I am not going off just a week of playing with it.

Because as it says in the picture it is showing the use for the last 24 hours. IPhone only shows the use for the last 24 hours only. I had had the phone off the charger 41 hours so it didn't show the rest

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Because as it says in the picture it is showing the use for the last 24 hours. IPhone only shows the use for the last 24 hours only. I had had the phone off the charger 41 hours so it didn't show the rest

Is that a new change in iOS 9? I know on my iPhone 6+ I could choose between the last 24 hours and the past 7 days of battery usage.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Is that a new change in iOS 9? I know on my iPhone 6+ I could choose between the last 24 hours and the past 7 days of battery usage.
In iOS 9 PB2 you can choose last 24 hrs or last 6 days. I can't remember what it was in iOS 8. To be honest I never worried about it on iOS.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
In iOS 9 PB2 you can choose last 24 hrs or last 6 days. I can't remember what it was in iOS 8. To be honest I never worried about it on iOS.

iOS 8 was last 7 days for sure (I just checked an old screenshot I have backed up to Google +) -- See below.

Attachments

• batt.PNG
    batt.PNG
    103.7 KB · Views: 41

Dale_Varty

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the s6 edge and apart from having icons go missing I've loved it had none of the problems I've heard others talk of, my wife has the iPhone 6 and with similar usage has no longer battery than my s6. All in all been more than happy.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I can say my iPhone 6+ had issues with re-drawing apps if I left them and came back a little bit later (even as early as 2-3 minutes). I believe it was part of the saving battery thing where they restrict apps in the background except for certain processes -- Also I am sure the RAM didn't help.
That right there is my main holdback about this iPhone gen. It's likely they'll finally jump to 2gb this year but not assured. If they don't, it'll probably take it off my Fall upgrade list of contenders. One thing I admire about Apple is that they play by their own rules for specs rather than engaging in pointless spec wars. (QHD on a 5-6" screen? Seriously, what are you possibly going to do with that besides leading me to believe you have a virtual nose ring with the words 'sucker: salesmen please loop finger here' engraved on it?). But they shouldn't have applied that strategy to RAM this year.

Android OEM's are basically trapped into spec races because they have to one-up other android OEM's and they don't have the consumer clout Apple does to give them the ability to play leader.

Moto tried to downplay specs with the first X. Remember those debates? People were criticizing the specs, while Moto and their fans argued that user experience and optimization were more important. The kicker is that Moto was right... and also wrong. To the nerds and techie sites, the X was one of their darlings that year. But did it do well to the general public? Well...

Obviously there were other factors too but that doesn't change much. Moto, LG, HTC, Sony can't afford to release a flagship without THE most cutting specs like Apple can with their clout. Honestly I don't think even Samsung would get away with coming out next year with an S7 with toned down specs and saying "not necessary because we've optimized it so well" simply because they've already committed to the android spec war for so many years that if they tried to pull out they'd get torn to shreds in the media.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
That right there is my main holdback about this iPhone gen. It's likely they'll finally jump to 2gb this year but not assured. If they don't, it'll probably take it off my Fall upgrade list of contenders. One thing I admire about Apple is that they play by their own rules for specs rather than engaging in pointless spec wars. (QHD on a 5-6" screen? Seriously, what are you possibly going to do with that besides leading me to believe you have a virtual nose ring with the words 'sucker: salesmen please loop finger here' engraved on it?). But they shouldn't have applied that strategy to RAM this year.

Android OEM's are basically trapped into spec races because they have to one-up other android OEM's and they don't have the consumer clout Apple does to give them the ability to play leader.

Moto tried to downplay specs with the first X. Remember those debates? People were criticizing the specs, while Moto and their fans argued that user experience and optimization were more important. The kicker is that Moto was right... and also wrong. To the nerds and techie sites, the X was one of their darlings that year. But did it do well to the general public? Well...

Obviously there were other factors too but that doesn't change much. Moto, LG, HTC, Sony can't afford to release a flagship without THE most cutting specs like Apple can with their clout. Honestly I don't think even Samsung would get away with coming out next year with an S7 with toned down specs and saying "not necessary because we've optimized it so well" simply because they've already committed to the android spec war for so many years that if they tried to pull out they'd get torn to shreds in the media.

Exactly what you said. I never really worry bout specs when I buy an iPhone. I do wish they'd go 1080 across the board with screens, but my 6 screen looks better than some 1080 screens I've seen on other devices in the similar sizes. The only reason I want 2 gigs of RAM with the s series this year is for multi-window and pip support. 1 is just not enough for those features. Samsung can maybe get away without playing spec wars now that they're putting their own custom chips somewhat, but they'll still have to keep upping the RAM probably. For me it's all about optimization, not chasing the highest specs you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.