07-30-2015 09:14 AM
363 ... 1112131415
tools
    I haven't had any of the problems people keep listing, they may have had a bad batch or just are on a sucky carrier...I'm on Tmobile and have good connection = good battery life (I've heard a lot of people where I live who have sprint complain their phones are always dead, but have like 1-2 bars).
    07-27-2015 05:20 PM
    Not at all.

I'm not even considering it. And I had the iPhone 6 and all the previous ones.
    07-27-2015 05:36 PM
    We have one group of people saying they had a bad experience and on the other hand another group who say they don't have those problems. So we need to look for something that that ties these 2 groups together to find the culprit, and it looks like that the obvious thing is that the S6 delivers a very inconsistent experience. With the title of this thread in mind, this leads me to say that an inconsistent experience is not something normally associated with iPhone. Therefore I'm led to conclude that the iPhone delivers a consistently better overall experience to more people than the Galaxy S6.
    Nick Vis and Mojofilter9 like this.
    07-27-2015 06:23 PM
    My only complaint with the S6 is the battery. I am happy with Android overall and I think the S6 is a great phone. I am on AT&T and I am in a building with a film on the windows that kills the signal. I am hoping that 5.1 fixes the battery life issue or at least improves it. My HTC M8 had better battery life than my S6.

I looks at the iPhone 6 plus but I don't think I would like it as much as an Android and the S6.

That's where I am with the S6.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    07-27-2015 06:35 PM
    I had the S6 & S6 Edge, but didn't return them for an iPhone. I simply wanted a bigger screen device so I am waiting to see what crops up. I use a lot of devices, and tend to go between Android and iOS so with the media devil SIM adapter kit I can now use whatever phone I want on a daily basis.

I can keep both Android and IOS devices handy, and simply update the apps as needed and swap SIM's. Every user will find differences between the platforms and issues could be related to other apps, connectvity issues. Fortuantely for me I didn't have any of the OP issues, but then the GS6 camera truly kicks Apple's camera in the ****, and despite claims of better camera in the 6S I don't see it outdoing Samsung.
    07-27-2015 07:35 PM
    I had the S6 & S6 Edge, but didn't return them for an iPhone. I simply wanted a bigger screen device so I am waiting to see what crops up. I use a lot of devices, and tend to go between Android and iOS so with the media devil SIM adapter kit I can now use whatever phone I want on a daily basis.

I can keep both Android and IOS devices handy, and simply update the apps as needed and swap SIM's. Every user will find differences between the platforms and issues could be related to other apps, connectvity issues. Fortuantely for me I didn't have any of the OP issues, but then the GS6 camera truly kicks Apple's camera in the ****, and despite claims of better camera in the 6S I don't see it outdoing Samsung.
    So what are you using now? I switched from your S6 to a Nexus and now to a 6 Plus. I still have the itch to get back to Android but I can't quite pull the trigger.
    07-27-2015 08:23 PM
    For me it comes down to principle. The iPhone 6 is more well rounded due to the better battery life but im willing to deal with that to support the better company (Google). Google polices the android world and shares patents to make it a better more competitive place. Apple just sues.
    07-27-2015 08:52 PM
    I am selling my iPhone 6 Plus, it got useless after trying the S6 edge. I'm still waiting for android 5.1.1 to fix some bugs, but overall I'd say I'd never go back to iPhone again. The camera is stunning, the screen touch is amazing.
    07-27-2015 09:12 PM
    I have the Note 3 from Samsung with 5.0.2 and I never experiement lag anaywhere, except when I use it with the car radio of one of my car (Jeep Wrangler) but not on my others car (Ram, Fiat 500). So I believe the lag are caused by the accessoires used but not the phone
    07-27-2015 09:33 PM
    I think the Samsung guy at the Experience Store in my local Best Buy fixed my group text problem. He deleted all the app data from the messages app and booted the phone in recovery mode (?) and cleared the cache. I'm not sure the exact order he did everything in but my group texts have been working since he did it which is almost going on a month now. Before I could only go 14-16 days before I would start to have issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    07-27-2015 09:44 PM
    Yup, I also agree that in my experiences, iOS apps are better than android. And in somesome cases iOS has awesome apps that android doesn't even have. One example is pdf expert... I wish android would make an app close to it.
    even some of Google's own apps are better on iOS
    07-27-2015 11:00 PM
    For me it comes down to principle. The iPhone 6 is more well rounded due to the better battery life but im willing to deal with that to support the better company (Google). Google polices the android world and shares patents to make it a better more competitive place. Apple just sues.
    That's a very valid point and something that was going though my mind when I was buying the iPhone.
    I was just so fed up with having a phone that I couldn't rely upon that I just thinking "arrrrrggghhhh! I'm just buying a phone that's rock solid reliable!"

On reflection that probably could have been achieved with a nexus for half the price but I literally went straight to the shops after reaching the final straw with with my Note 4. I was pretty angry, I'd had enough and probably wasn't thinking 100% rationally.

I don't regret it, I'm enjoying the iPhone a lot but I'm not a convert, unless things change significantly in the next 12 months my next phone is a straight choice between iPhone and Nexus. I'm done with Samsung though.
    07-28-2015 01:27 AM
    But Google sells users' information for revenue.
    07-28-2015 01:44 AM
    I went back to the iPhone today. I couldn't deal with the lag, freezing, overheating, poor battery life, and my music constantly causing the phone to freeze when played over the Bluetooth in my car. I still do prefer the software of Samsung (I mean the way I can customize the phone, adjust settings however I like them, etc), but it's still just too problematic for my taste :/ just wondering if anyone else switched after trying the s6 too
    Is this a joke? No, try the g4 if you don't like the gs6,You have choice with Android .for ios you have no choice but to wait another 2 years if you don' t like the iPhone 6
    07-28-2015 02:03 AM
    No I love my S6 Edge and wouldn't consider going back.

I've had none of the lag or other issues people are talking about, however I have swapped out the keyboard and launcher for Google Keyboard and Google Now Launcher respectively.

iOS is fine but things like Google Now push it over the top for me. Plus I've taken nothing but great photos on the S6, including my sisters recent wedding, really clear and crisp, camera launches quickly. I've suffered with a number of bugs and lag on my iPhone 5s, and my girlfriend on her iPhone 6.

The only issue I've had is Chrome sucking battery life, but closing it alleviates this. I hope Google can sort that out soon.
    07-28-2015 02:43 AM
    But Google sells users' information for revenue.
    Google tells you what they'll do with your information. Apple uses your information as well.
    07-28-2015 07:09 AM
    I've had both the GS6 and iPhone 6 for some time now and have been going back and forth but im starting to lean more towards the iPhone 6 in the last couple weeks. Like others have said the GS6 is amazing as far as camera, the abolity to customize and certain features but just too many bugs. Laggy software (compared to iOS), app crashing, poor battery life, music issues with bluetooth. I cant wait and HOPE these things are fixed with software updates. I waited to 5.1 and it seems like the phone is actually worse lol. Dont get me wrong the iPhone is not perfect either but the OS is much more fluid, more stable, app quality is better as well as battery life. I just found myself spending more time tinkering and making adjustments to the GS6 than actually enjoying the phone itself. Plus with the new jailbreak for iOS 8.3 just came out so many of the customization features I enjoyed on the S6 i now have on the iPhone so its like best of both worlds.
    Now new update is rolling out which has to fix the Issues with the 5.1.1 update. If don't fix the lag, I am leaving the GS6.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    07-28-2015 07:46 AM
    I used to have an iPhone 4s before switching to android and I tried a lot of android devices like the galaxy nexus, galaxy s2, galaxy s3, s5, Galaxy note, Galaxy note 2, Galaxy note 4 and HTC one m7 which stayed in good condition until i switched back to iOS when the iPhone 6 came out with a 4.7" screen and I will never look back . iOS is awesome, elegant, reliable, precise, stable, everything and every app is compatible and working like expected, even google apps are working better on iPhone and has a lot more elegant design than they used to on android !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-28-2015 07:57 AM
    Now new update is rolling out which has to fix the Issues with the 5.1.1 update. If don't fix the lag, I am leaving the GS6.

In Developers Options have you set your transitions? I've noticed setting them to .5x is very conducive to eliminating lag. Between that and using Nova Prime I've seen little to no lag on any android phone I've used in a long time.

Sent from the Elegance
    07-28-2015 07:58 AM
    In Developers Options have you set your transitions? I've noticed setting them to .5x is very conducive to eliminating lag. Between that and using Nova Prime I've seen little to no lag on any android phone I've used in a long time.

Sent from the Elegance
    I've been tweaking and changing settings since 5.1.1 update, even different launchers, but the truth is I am expecting so expensive device with such hardware specs to be the smoothest Android device ever. So now I am using the stock launcher, had Nova prime, but want it stock and flawless... So, I am waiting the latest update, hope it will fix the issue with the RAM. One last thing, I really hope to get CM12 for the this device, as an Nexus user this will be the best for me. Or, I always can go to iOS I guess...

07-28-2015 08:05 AM
    I don't in Android outside of a Nexus is going to ever be completely flawless and I don't believe throwing specs at the issue will solve it. If you want the smoothest experience in Android I think you have to go Nexus and/or be willing to tweak and tune, regardless of contemporary specs.

Sent from the Elegance
    07-28-2015 08:09 AM
    If IOS is so fantastic and elegant why couldn't I receive all my iMessages, or get the ones I did receive to actually sync with my other iOS devices (iPad and Macbook Pro). Some even got sent to an older iPhone I had wiped years ago and was being used by a family member.

Apple's hardware is great, but their services are unreliable in my experience. As for Google apps being better on the iPhone, not sure about that, Gmail on iPhone is ok at best.
    07-28-2015 10:50 AM
    I'm not commenting on switching, just on all the problems people seem to have. I'm a heavy user of my 32GB S6 -- music, video, group texts, lots of apps, customization all throughout. I've had it for 3 months with none of these problems since the update, and less now since T-Mobile sent another update this week. I get 14 hours of battery on regular use, and 8 on heavy use if I'm taking lots of photos or watching video (used to using other Android phones with poor batteries, when I check battery now I'm surprised to find it is usually at least 10% more than expected). I bought a cheap fast charger on Amazon that was well-reviewed, and it works great and gets the phone to full in an hour. One thing I would recommend that I haven't seen elsewhere is I make every effort to let the phone drop to 5% and then charge fully to 100%, at which point I leave it plugged in, restart the phone, and then unplug.
    07-28-2015 11:00 AM
    One thing I would recommend that I haven't seen is I make every effort to let the phone drop to 5% and then charge fully to 100%, at which point I leave it plugged in, restart the phone, and then unplug.
    I've read here, from Rukbat I think, that letting the battery consistently drain down like that is actually harmful to it in the end. It was noted that it's a good idea to let it drop to ~40% routinely and then recharge. I admit that I haven't researched it further though.

Sent from the Elegance
    07-28-2015 11:18 AM
    I went to the S6 from the iPhone 6+, but only because I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile and needed a Band 12 capable phone. As soon as the new iPhones come out (and assuming they'll support Band 12), I will go right back to Apple. The S6 is fine and much better than any other Samsung phone I've owned (I wanted to throw my Note 4 over a cliff), but for my daily driver, nothing beats the 6+.
    07-28-2015 12:13 PM
363 ... 1112131415