07-30-2015 09:14 AM
363 12345 ...
tools
    When an app like Facebook or Twitter drains battery in the background I like being able to have the option of choosing a different app to replace it. Especially when Facebook is pathetic on android and doesn't even send out notifications
    I think FB is poorly written on both platforms honestly. The more "features" they add, the worse it gets at handling basic things like loading feeds that have more than a few photos.
    06-30-2015 08:57 AM
    I don't find the Play Store larger or better. In fact it's the opposite. When I use the iPhone version of the apps I use most, the iOS versions are almost always better.
    Agree 100%. The iOS version of almost any app is usually higher quality and more feature rich than the Android version. I do like the ability to side load apps that may not be available in the Play store on android like Showbox tho.
    I would say I disagree on this point. I had an iPhone 6+ for a few months and the apps were either the same as my Android version or worse. An example is the Amazon app doesn't allow you to stream over mobile but on the Android version I can.

Also I hate the limit on the App Store. If on mobile data I can't even download some apps till I find WiFi .. Why do I not have an option? Apple shouldn't play "police" with my data plan.
    06-30-2015 09:06 AM
    I would say I disagree on this point. I had an iPhone 6+ for a few months and the apps were either the same as my Android version or worse. An example is the Amazon app doesn't allow you to stream over mobile but on the Android version I can.

Also I hate the limit on the App Store. If on mobile data I can't even download some apps till I find WiFi .. Why do I not have an option? Apple shouldn't play "police" with my data plan.
    I haven't really streamed much over mobile since I got my iPhone 6. I wanted to get the 128GB, so I chose the NEXT plan to save a few bucks at the time of purchase. It's the worst mobile related decision I've ever made honestly. Giving up my grandfathered unlimited plan in the process. Everytime I want to watch a show on Netflix or stream some music I wanna punch myself.
    06-30-2015 09:30 AM
    i'm thinking now of going back to iphone.
    I really enjoy S6, but i hate video camera performance. it always has a moment of refocusing from one thing to another, has quite poor stabilisation and is impossible to use as an action camera. Didn't have these problems with an iphone. But i guess i'll wait until 5.1 update first.

Photo camera is better on S6 though, but i really needed good in move camera on the phone.
    06-30-2015 09:32 AM
    The photo camera on the S6 is better in all respects photo wise except for auto flash. Auto flash on the s6 is abysmal. Many times it doesn't automatically turn on the flash in dark situations when it needs it. It's gotten to the point where I no longer feel safe using autoflash because it just doesn't get the job done
    06-30-2015 09:35 AM

I've noticed that same thing, too. Let me use my [language removed] mobile data plan if I want to. Why does Apple have to police everything? It's the same with some apps, like Dropbox, where you can't auto-upload pics until you're on wi-fi. If I want to bombard MY data plan by uploading a ton of stuff, then let me. Again, why does Apple get to police that?

Also, why in the [language removed] can I not change my effing alarm volume independently from my system volume?!?! Why is this simple task so difficult (See: Impossible) on iOS?!?! If I turn down my volume on my phone, and forget to change it before bed, guess what?! I miss my alarm!

Now, I'm not here to bash Apple - I actually really like their products. But people who say that it's such a flawless experience seem to be missing something, in my opinion. There are limitations and restrictions on its use, and many issues that make it somewhat difficult for me to use on a daily basis.
    daredem likes this.
    06-30-2015 02:36 PM
    I think I need to make a YouTube video of my lag problems to show you guys what I'm talking about

Posted with my shiny s6
    I'm with you here - I know you aren't crazy. I had an S6 that lagged when it had been used too much. It would take a long time to open a text or other message. I wanted to chuck it through the wall sometimes. And now I have an S6 Active - guess what? It does the same thing when its taxed. Never saw this with my Nexus 6. So it's going back and I'm most likely firing up the Nexus again.
    06-30-2015 02:38 PM
    I've noticed that same thing, too. Let me use my [language removed] mobile data plan if I want to. Why does Apple have to police everything? It's the same with some apps, like Dropbox, where you can't auto-upload pics until you're on wi-fi. If I want to bombard MY data plan by uploading a ton of stuff, then let me. Again, why does Apple get to police that?

Also, why in the [language removed] can I not change my effing alarm volume independently from my system volume?!?! Why is this simple task so difficult (See: Impossible) on iOS?!?! If I turn down my volume on my phone, and forget to change it before bed, guess what?! I miss my alarm!

Now, I'm not here to bash Apple - I actually really like their products. But people who say that it's such a flawless experience seem to be missing something, in my opinion. There are limitations and restrictions on its use, and many issues that make it somewhat difficult for me to use on a daily basis.
    That's one thing i miss about my s6. Being able to control the system volume vs. the ringtone volume, etc, was very convenient. I keep having to remember I can't do that anymore with the iphone lol
    06-30-2015 02:41 PM
    That's one thing i miss about my s6. Being able to control the system volume vs. the ringtone volume, etc, was very convenient. I keep having to remember I can't do that anymore with the iphone lol
    I never really noticed this until a couple weeks ago when I put my SIM back in my iPhone 6. That's a really handy thing to be able to do. It's not something I need daily as I usually work nights, but the option is great
    06-30-2015 03:20 PM
    "Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?"

If they did, they're probably on the apple forums now.
    mariusfilip likes this.
    06-30-2015 09:54 PM
    I'm with you here - I know you aren't crazy. I had an S6 that lagged when it had been used too much. It would take a long time to open a text or other message. I wanted to chuck it through the wall sometimes. And now I have an S6 Active - guess what? It does the same thing when its taxed. Never saw this with my Nexus 6. So it's going back and I'm most likely firing up the Nexus again.
    That's what Jerry Hildenbrand was saying in his recent article about the Nexus 6 being the best smartphone you can get right now. Nothing runs better than a Nexus in the Android universe. My Nexus 6 runs like greased lightning that has had too much caffeine. Never any lag or hitches.
    Apple for its speed, stability, updating system and battery life.
    See above.
    grover5 likes this.
    06-30-2015 10:04 PM
    That's what Jerry Hildenbrand was saying in his recent article about the Nexus 6 being the best smartphone you can get right now. Nothing runs better than a Nexus in the Android universe. My Nexus 6 runs like greased lightning that has had too much caffeine. Never any lag or hitches.

See above.
    Jerry did say that in the recent podcast. He said something along the lines of performance wise it is stellar but admitted the camera is lacking. For some that may not be okay. Just depends on people's needs.
    06-30-2015 10:14 PM
    Just switched back to iPhone due to S6 poor battery life.
    KelseyRo4 and emad1995 like this.
    07-01-2015 08:59 AM
    ill be switching back once the new iphone is out. android maturity is nowhere near where i thought it would be.

my biggest issue now is i think the resale value of the s6 is gonna be terrible, since no one is even buying them new, let alone used in 3-4 months time.
    07-01-2015 11:13 AM
    Reading these has been interesting as I'm currently using a OG Moto X, but am on the fence between the Galaxy S6 and iPhone 6. I've been on Android since the OG Droid days, but might make the iOS jump. My wife has had one for a number of years and there are some annoyances, but nothing I can't get over. One of the primary reasons being the iPhones smaller size, even so slightly.
    07-01-2015 12:01 PM
    ill be switching back once the new iphone is out. android maturity is nowhere near where i thought it would be.
    Agreed. Android has come a long way and for the most part its good but its still very quirky. It just never really feels stable. One day my S6 was performing like a champ the next day its sluggish then back to good again. Its explainable. It was hit or miss everyday. My ringer used to turn on and off for no reason. I set it to vibrate an hour later its on silent and i've missed calls and texts. Thats happened at least 3 times since I've had it. Also happens on my wifes S5. The iPhone is not as feature rich but it does what it does very well. App crashes are very rare, iOS never slows down (at least for me), no random reboots, good battery life. The main things I will miss on the S6 is the double press to launch camera and quick charging. Those are 2 things i wish the iPhone had.
    07-01-2015 12:16 PM
    Reading these has been interesting as I'm currently using a OG Moto X, but am on the fence between the Galaxy S6 and iPhone 6. I've been on Android since the OG Droid days, but might make the iOS jump. My wife has had one for a number of years and there are some annoyances, but nothing I can't get over. One of the primary reasons being the iPhones smaller size, even so slightly.
    Yea, I do wish the screen was a little bigger, but I didn't get the 6+ because that's just TOO big for me lol
    07-01-2015 12:16 PM
    Agreed. Android has come a long way and for the most part its good but its still very quirky. It just never really feels stable. One day my S6 was performing like a champ the next day its sluggish then back to good again. Its unexplainable. It was hit or miss everyday. My ringer used to turn on and off for no reason. I set it to vibrate an hour later its on silent and i've missed calls and texts. Thats happened at least 3 times since I've had it. The iPhone is not as feature rich but it does what it does very well. App crashes are very rare, iOS never slows down (at least for me), no random reboots, good battery life. The main things I will miss on the S6 is the double press to launch camera and quick charging. Those are 2 things i wish the iPhone had.
    Yea, I agree about the double click for the camera. Also, the picture quality on the s6 was definitely better than the iphone. Fast charging would be nice but not if it heats up the phone like it did on my s6 :/ i also miss being able to customize it, like with a launcher or texting app, but oh well. I just like having a phone that runs smoothly and doesn't require me to constantly monitor the battery and make changes just to try and extend the battery life even a little.
    07-01-2015 12:24 PM
    Ha, the 6+ is just over the top, for me at least. Then again, all the big phones are. I just wish I could get a decent vanilla Android at 4.7 inches.
    07-01-2015 12:29 PM
    Yea, I agree about the double click for the camera. Also, the picture quality on the s6 was definitely better than the iphone. Fast charging would be nice but not if it heats up the phone like it did on my s6 :/ i also miss being able to customize it, like with a launcher or texting app, but oh well. I just like having a phone that runs smoothly and doesn't require me to constantly monitor the battery and make changes just to try and extend the battery life even a little.
    Your last sentence hit the nail on the head. Thats what it really boiled down to for me. I was tired of constantly monitoring my battery status, see what apps are using battery, checking standby time and awake time etc. I really thought the S6 was going to be the phone that kept me away from iPhone for good but I guess not.
    07-01-2015 12:39 PM
    Your last sentence hit the nail on the head. Thats what it really boiled down to for me. I was tired of constantly monitoring my battery status, see what apps are using battery, checking standby time and awake time etc. I really thought the S6 was going to be the phone that kept me away from iPhone for good but I guess not.
    Yup. I figured "ok, i'll do this in the beginning so i'll just make some adjustments and it'll be good." But no, I had to do it every day. So much of my time was spent just checking the battery usage, to the point where I would check my phone just to see how much battery had been used after an hour. It's too much for me. I can understand why people enjoy being able to customize their phone, but for me it's just not worth it. I want a phone I can actually enjoy without having to keep my eye on the battery at all times. Plus, the battery drained extremely fast in my house because we have poor service. It would drain like crazy just sitting there without even being used. My iphone's battery only goes down about 2% during the night while I'm sleeping, whereas the s6 would go down like 13%, and even more when i would use it for about 10 minutes before leaving my house
    07-01-2015 12:48 PM
    Yup. I figured "ok, i'll do this in the beginning so i'll just make some adjustments and it'll be good." But no, I had to do it every day. So much of my time was spent just checking the battery usage, to the point where I would check my phone just to see how much battery had been used after an hour. It's too much for me. I can understand why people enjoy being able to customize their phone, but for me it's just not worth it. I want a phone I can actually enjoy without having to keep my eye on the battery at all times. Plus, the battery drained extremely fast in my house because we have poor service. It would drain like crazy just sitting there without even being used. My iphone's battery only goes down about 2% during the night while I'm sleeping, whereas the s6 would go down like 13%, and even more when i would use it for about 10 minutes before leaving my house
    That's one thing iPhone definitely gets right. Standby time. Also, things like texting don't really drain the battery much. On the other hand, games and heavy browsing kills it faster than my Android phone does. I'm just glad I have both the iPhone 6 and M9 to switch between. I think I'll just alternate upgrades each year between the 2 OSes. I was upgrading iPhones every year, so I'll just switch up to iPhone one year and Android the next. That way I'll have an up to date device on each platform. I'm one of the few, but I honestly love both platforms.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-01-2015 02:11 PM
    I often switch between iOS and android but always favoured iOS slightly. I'm gonna jailbreak my ip6 tonight and if it proves stable I think I may be happy with just the one phone at last (which will probably last all of a week to be fair)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    msm0511 likes this.
    07-01-2015 02:18 PM
    I often switch between iOS and android but always favoured iOS slightly. I'm gonna jailbreak my ip6 tonight and if it proves stable I think I may be happy with just the one phone at last (which will probably last all of a week to be fair)

You sound like me. I put my Sim in my iPhone about a week ago saying I was gonna get an Apple Watch and stick with iOS. 4 days later I was back with my M9+360 combo.
    Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    07-01-2015 02:25 PM

Jailbroke my iPhone 6 last week and honestly havent touched my S6 since. All of the customization and many other features I enjoyed on android I now have on my iP6. Seems very stable so far.
    Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    07-01-2015 03:42 PM
363 12345 ...