07-30-2015 09:14 AM
363 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Jailbroke my iPhone 6 last week and honestly havent touched my S6 since. All of the customization and many other features I enjoyed on android I now have on my iP6. Seems very stable so far.
    Currently waiting for the parallels trial to download so I can jailbreak tonight. It's 22:14 and it's only at 35%. Then have to dl iTunes, taig and any ipsw required. Man this is gonna be a looooooong night lol. Please feel free to throw any advice my way to read while I'm waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-01-2015 04:14 PM
    Agreed. Android has come a long way and for the most part its good but its still very quirky. It just never really feels stable. One day my S6 was performing like a champ the next day its sluggish then back to good again. Its explainable. It was hit or miss everyday. My ringer used to turn on and off for no reason. I set it to vibrate an hour later its on silent and i've missed calls and texts. Thats happened at least 3 times since I've had it. Also happens on my wifes S5. The iPhone is not as feature rich but it does what it does very well. App crashes are very rare, iOS never slows down (at least for me), no random reboots, good battery life. The main things I will miss on the S6 is the double press to launch camera and quick charging. Those are 2 things i wish the iPhone had.
    I completely agree with this point. The inconsistency annoys me too. Sometimes I will get 6-7 hours of screen on time and the very next day I wouldget only 4-5 hours of screen on time on the S6 doing the EXACT SAME THING like wtf. Whereas on my six plus I average 10 or more hours of screen on time every day. Every charge. A little bit less since the release of 8.4 as the phone is now faster. But it's CONSISTENT
    07-02-2015 05:16 AM
    Though some may view it as a fluke or momentary aberration. It could be a trend or short lived.

Samsung overtakes Apple to become the best-selling phone maker in the US

In any event, both companies make great devices and won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
    07-02-2015 06:15 AM
    Though some may view it as a fluke or momentary aberration. It could be a trend or short lived.

Samsung overtakes Apple to become the best-selling phone maker in the US

In any event, both companies make great devices and won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
    I expected news like this. When I went to the movies on Monday I saw not one not two but THREE ads for the iPhone 6. I had never seen so many ads for it ever. The most logical conclusion for me was that the s6 must currently be outselling it
    07-02-2015 06:18 AM
    I finally managed to follow all suggestions and get somewhat decent battery life from my s6...but still no where near my daughter's IP6. And I NEED to have location off, bluetooth off, all syncs off, screen at 25%, and so many other adjustments its absurd. I love samsung software but they really didn't do a great job here. The update yesterday to 5.0.2 did nothing worthwhile I can see. Disappointing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-02-2015 06:26 AM
    I finally managed to follow all suggestions and get somewhat decent battery life from my s6...but still no where near my daughter's IP6. And I NEED to have location off, bluetooth off, all syncs off, screen at 25%, and so many other adjustments its absurd. I love samsung software but they really didn't do a great job here. The update yesterday to 5.0.2 did nothing worthwhile I can see. Disappointing.

I think Samsung makes great components, but somehow can't seem to put it all together right themselves. I think they try to add too much, and don't have enough focus. Maybe it's just me, but I think software is their weakest point.
    07-02-2015 07:45 AM
    I think Samsung makes great components, but somehow can't seem to put it all together right themselves. I think they try to add too much, and don't have enough focus. Maybe it's just me, but I think software is their weakest point.
    That could be part of it but, it could also be apps especially those not optimized enough to run on the GS6. Some of them could be huge resource hogs constantly refreshing background data like many social media apps.

dougie1792 likes this.
    07-02-2015 08:19 AM
    I know on the Note 4, disabling S-Voice removed the app switcher lag.

That, and setting animations to .5x made improvements. Also, you can flat out disable transition animations, but i personally like them.

07-02-2015 08:31 AM
    I completely agree with this point. The inconsistency annoys me too. Sometimes I will get 6-7 hours of screen on time and the very next day I wouldget only 4-5 hours of screen on time on the S6 doing the EXACT SAME THING like wtf. Whereas on my six plus I average 10 or more hours of screen on time every day. Every charge. A little bit less since the release of 8.4 as the phone is now faster. But it's CONSISTENT
    Just remember "Usage" on iOS is not screen-on time. There isn't a real way to gauge screen-on time directly like there is on Android. I know for sure I couldn't have my screen on for 10 hours with my iPhone 6+ because I could watch a bunch of shows at work and by mid-day (4 hours of use) I would be around 30-40%.
    07-02-2015 09:18 AM
    Just remember "Usage" on iOS is not screen-on time. There isn't a real way to gauge screen-on time directly like there is on Android. I know for sure I couldn't have my screen on for 10 hours with my iPhone 6+ because I could watch a bunch of shows at work and by mid-day (4 hours of use) I would be around 30-40%.
    Well I would like to know what else it is going then because I have all background data turned off on my phone. Also I barely watch any videos on it. I only have 35gb of data total a month on both my wifi and phone combined
    07-02-2015 09:22 AM
    I give technology where credit is due and while I love my S6 I admit the battery life is inconsistent compared to iOS. Let's not talk about the difference of each OS, they function and behave different. But if someone asks me which of the 2 is a more stable and consistent experience iPhone is hands down.

07-02-2015 09:32 AM
    When I go to my parents house for family get togethers monthly, I'm surrounded by iPhone 5 and 6. All of them hug the wall at some point so idk about battery life being so much better. Maybe on the 6+ because it's a huge phone that's a Note 4 class phone, therefore it's not fair to compare to s6/edge. Another thing I've noticed with each family event more and more of the iPhone's become cracked with or without a case every month another relatives ip6 or ip5 has a cracked screen. Lastly, as far as software, to each it's own. I've played around with ios it is fast and optimized. Android will never be as smooth simply because Android is on so many platforms with different skins and options etc...

Some of the problems many users who favor iPhone are complaining about are isolated to individual devices that are defective or has a os hangup. Is there lag on s6/edge? Well, when I use chrome for several minutes straight, since I've changed settings to let it use 500mb cache it sometime will have to reload my homescreen for 3-4sec after I close chrome. Sometimes the keyboard will stutter if I'm typing while listening to tune in radio for an hour or more straight. Does it get hot? When I'm outside in the sun with terrible reception, yes a little. But I've had this issue with every phone I've ever had, this s6 edge happens to complete all the tasks faster. Since upgrading to 5.1.1 the battery is lasting longer and I havn't had any heat whatsoever, even with poor signal.

I think both the s6 and ip6 are top quality phones as well as g4 and m9. Hell, Sony makes a great phone, as well as other manufacturers. Get what you like and enjoy it.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    dc52ltr and nikkisharif like this.
    07-02-2015 01:45 PM
    My wife & I run a business and our phones are used hard daily to do so. I have a GS6 and she has a iphone 6.

Both great devices but my battery almost daily out lasts hers. Also, if I use her phone for a period of time, which happens periodically, I'll be honest, I get bored with it.

I must be one of the lucky ones that got a flawless device. I think GS6 is about as good as it can get...I'd be bored stiff with ios as a daily driver.
    07-02-2015 07:45 PM
    Download clean master it helps clean the ram when to much is getting used

posted from my beautiful GalaxyS6 64gb gold -at&t-
    07-03-2015 12:48 AM
    Download clean master it helps clean the ram when to much is getting used

posted from my beautiful GalaxyS6 64gb gold -at&t-
    Oh there's been posts about the Disadvantages of using This app. I forgot what they were but it gave me good reason to UNINSTALL the app.
    07-03-2015 12:57 AM
    When I go to my parents house for family get togethers monthly, I'm surrounded by iPhone 5 and 6. All of them hug the wall at some point so idk about battery life being so much better. Maybe on the 6+ because it's a huge phone that's a Note 4 class phone, therefore it's not fair to compare to s6/edge. Another thing I've noticed with each family event more and more of the iPhone's become cracked with or without a case every month another relatives ip6 or ip5 has a cracked screen. Lastly, as far as software, to each it's own. I've played around with ios it is fast and optimized. Android will never be as smooth simply because Android is on so many platforms with different skins and options etc...

Some of the problems many users who favor iPhone are complaining about are isolated to individual devices that are defective or has a os hangup. Is there lag on s6/edge? Well, when I use chrome for several minutes straight, since I've changed settings to let it use 500mb cache it sometime will have to reload my homescreen for 3-4sec after I close chrome. Sometimes the keyboard will stutter if I'm typing while listening to tune in radio for an hour or more straight. Does it get hot? When I'm outside in the sun with terrible reception, yes a little. But I've had this issue with every phone I've ever had, this s6 edge happens to complete all the tasks faster. Since upgrading to 5.1.1 the battery is lasting longer and I havn't had any heat whatsoever, even with poor signal.

I think both the s6 and ip6 are top quality phones as well as g4 and m9. Hell, Sony makes a great phone, as well as other manufacturers. Get what you like and enjoy it.

I love how people say it's not fair to compare the S6 battery with the 6+ battery when it's only like 350mah difference lol
    07-03-2015 03:04 AM
    My wife & I run a business and our phones are used hard daily to do so. I have a GS6 and she has a iphone 6.

Both great devices but my battery almost daily out lasts hers. Also, if I use her phone for a period of time, which happens periodically, I'll be honest, I get bored with it.

I must be one of the lucky ones that got a flawless device. I think GS6 is about as good as it can get...I'd be bored stiff with ios as a daily driver.
    He refers to the i6 and not i6+.
    07-03-2015 05:22 AM
    I had the iphone 6 and the gs6 I sold the iphone 6.. I don't know what the "lag" is that people claim to see on the gs6 this thing works great. I do wish I had better battery life. Ios 8. Was a joke the ip6 had horrid wifi Bluetooth and did lag I had previous iphone that did not lag but the ip6 sure did

Gray Area likes this.
    07-03-2015 05:33 AM
    I love how people say it's not fair to compare the S6 battery with the 6+ battery when it's only like 350mah difference lol
    Well if you disagree with the comparison that's OK, other people will agree or disagree.

07-03-2015 09:02 AM
    Iphone is so easy to use it does take a bit if getting used to when you do make the change, but I'm sticking with the s6

Also, I've had none of the problems you listed, in fact I can go to work, listen to music via bluetooth for most of the day and come home 9 hours later with more than 50% battery on samsung, I couldn't get 8 hours out of my iPhone 5s

Battery life on samsung is so much better in my opinion

Gray Area and BioFanatic like this.
    07-03-2015 10:37 AM
    Apple sold 64 mil iPhones last quarter and S6 and all other androids are moving slowly so looks like to iPhone is where folks are going.
    07-04-2015 09:23 AM
    Apple sold 64 mil iPhones last quarter and S6 and all other androids are moving slowly so looks like to iPhone is where folks are going.
    Yup, and they will do the same this year when their new phones come out in September. Android may be up there but it's only because of the new flagships that dropped this year. Let's see Samsung or LG sell 64 mil S6's or G4's in a quarter. But that being said, the S6 is an awesome phone. And so is the G4 for that matter.
    07-04-2015 11:51 AM
    The thing with iPhone and ipads they just work right out of the box, there memory management is far superior to android and they are just plain simple to use and learn I work on computers smartphone and tablets for a living,so I have seen a lot of mobile electronics,I own no Apple products just 2 Android phones but I have tested plenty of the stuff I fix and there is no doubt that IOS is a smoother overall operating system and yes some of the apps are better where Apple does fail is how poor the internals are I would just as soon tear down Samsung tablets and phones all day and the way they give you limitless storage space for such expensive devices

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Gray Area likes this.
    07-04-2015 01:11 PM
    I personally like both. And I will continue to have both platforms. They both do things right. I wish I was able to stick to one because it will be a lot cheaper in the long run, but the ways things are I think I will be bouncing back and forth for a bit. The S6 to me, is basically close to the best of both worlds... Style and performance. If lollipop / touchwiz wasn't so buggy it will be damn near perfect.
    07-04-2015 01:41 PM
    I like the apps better on the iPhone. Androids versions of bother twitter and Facebook are so clunky. Though I admit I like how on Android any status or picture you post on your account automatically shows on the news feed instead of having to refresh. But twitter on Android is a nightmare compared to ios
    07-04-2015 10:56 PM
363 ... 23456 ...