07-30-2015 09:14 AM
363 ... 56789 ...
tools
    iOS 8.4 can be jailbroken. Here is the link to the tool:

http://www.taig.com/en/

~S
    Thanks, but I may still be left out as I don't have a windows PC, only a mac book. I didn't see a macbook method just windows. Did I miss it? I see it's possible using virtual machine. I may have to wait for them to get it mac compatible. I'm not that computer savvy and don't really feel all that comfy putting all that on a pristine macbook. Thanks, for the info tho.
    07-06-2015 03:30 PM
    I've had an iPhone 4s then 5s and upgraded to a GS6 a few weeks ago. After 4 days I got very close to returning it and waiting for the 6s but glad I didn't. My main issue was poor battery life, but after persistence there were 2 primary causes of the drain, the first and biggest was Google Nows location tracking feature, I have GPS location enabled and drive around most of the day, as soon as I disabled this feature the battery life gained hours. The second was screen brightness, I had it noticeably brighter than my 5s and had to turn it down a lot to match it. Something to be aware of is amoled screens light each pixel and theres a hell of a lot of pixels in these devices, the same as a high quality 27" monitor! The brighter the screen the more power it sucks, this could explain the irregular power use some are seeing, e.g. Facebook with a lot of white pixels will use more power than a dark scene within a film. I also had a lot of stuttering, especially on this site, but since clearing my Chrome cache things seem a lot smoother. The memory leaks of 5.0.2 is my only real complaint now, almost every web page needs to refresh when switching between tabs which is really annoying, hopefully 5.1.1 will help when my network eventually releases it. I also didn't like touch wiz, not sure if it was the animations or something else, however Nova launchers superb and solved that issue completely. Loving it now, wouldn't go back unless the 6S has something very special.
    Gray Area and emad1995 like this.
    07-06-2015 03:55 PM
    I've had an iPhone 4s then 5s and upgraded to a GS6 a few weeks ago. After 4 days I got very close to returning it and waiting for the 6s but glad I didn't. My main issue was poor battery life, but after persistence there were 2 primary causes of the drain, the first and biggest was Google Nows location tracking feature, I have GPS location enabled and drive around most of the day, as soon as I disabled this feature the battery life gained hours. The second was screen brightness, I had it noticeably brighter than my 5s and had to turn it down a lot to match it. Something to be aware of is amoled screens light each pixel and theres a hell of a lot of pixels in these devices, the same as a high quality 27" monitor! The brighter the screen the more power it sucks, this could explain the irregular power use some are seeing, e.g. Facebook with a lot of white pixels will use more power than a dark scene within a film. I also had a lot of stuttering, especially on this site, but since clearing my Chrome cache things seem a lot smoother. The memory leaks of 5.0.2 is my only real complaint now, almost every web page needs to refresh when switching between tabs which is really annoying, hopefully 5.1.1 will help when my network eventually releases it. I also didn't like touch wiz, not sure if it was the animations or something else, however Nova launchers superb and solved that issue completely. Loving it now, wouldn't go back unless the 6S has something very special.
    That isn't memory leak you are experiencing. That is a Samsung/Touch Wiz issue that has not been fixed even after 5.1.1. The only way to fix is through root.
    07-06-2015 06:25 PM
    Aaaaw c'mon. All these 'ex' iphone fanboys trying to put down the GS6 with it's 'freezes' 'lock-ups' 'short battery life' complaints....GET REAL!

I've had umpteen recent Android phones of various makes....and they just don't happen anymore (mbe in the VERY early days of Android...and I mean 'VERY' early....) but no more than my friends' iPhones do nowadays. I really can't remember the last time I've had ANY phone 'lock-up' on me lately tbh.

If I went over to the IP....I'd have a massive learning curve too....(why can't I just Wifi this song to my PC FFS???)

The argument of Android being a bit flakey but IP's being 'rock solid' has now become obsolete I'm afraid...choose your OS and live with it, or if you're gonna change, give it a few months to adapt to the new way of doing things....
    07-06-2015 06:35 PM
    I view the current android vs iOS mobile landscape quite similar to the PC/Mac situation. I'm a PC guy mainly because of the cost of Macbooks. But because Windows PCs are largely at the mercy of numerous OEM's, the quality just isn't up there with the macbook.

Too bad there's not a $300-400 android phone with a great low light camera that wasn't full of compromises
    07-06-2015 06:38 PM
    Most people don't know how to setup an android phone and that is the problem for iPhone switchers. Every phone I get I install Nova launcher, Textra for messaging, and the Google keyboard. If you run those your phone will not lag a bit and they are way better than what any oem gives you. Also, get the S6 active. I can't give up water resistance and remote control at this stage, plus you get the larger battery and shock resistance.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-06-2015 08:39 PM
    Most people don't know how to setup an android phone and that is the problem for iPhone switchers. Every phone I get I install Nova launcher, Textra for messaging, and the Google keyboard. If you run those your phone will not lag a bit and they are way better than what any oem gives you. Also, get the S6 active. I can't give up water resistance and remote control at this stage, plus you get the larger battery and shock resistance.

I disagree with this statement. No one should have to install 3rd party apps for main phone features to make it work right. Your just proving their point. It's awesome that we have these options, but in no means should it be necessary to have the phone working properly.
    ron561 and Stanley Kubrick like this.
    07-06-2015 08:49 PM
    I disagree with this statement. No one should have to install 3rd party apps for main phone features to make it work right. Your just proving their point. It's awesome that we have these options, but in no means should it be necessary to have the phone working properly.
    That's the key difference between the ecosystems that we have options to tweak the device to suit our individual needs and preferences. Third party software can take this to another level of more specialized customization.These device customizations are available as options. You don't need them for the GS6 to function properly. Having a tightly controlled ecosystem does have the advantage of more optimized performance and fewer bugs but the trade off is the limited ability to make the device truly unique and individualized. At a certain point, the Android system will mature and bring the same level of optimization without sacrificing customization. At the end of the day, it's all about what works best for you.
    07-06-2015 09:08 PM

I had all three of those apps and still had constant lag
    07-06-2015 09:22 PM
    Did you disable the bloatware? That also must be done. Carriers like to load these up but iPhone don't get that junk which is part of the problem.

07-06-2015 09:33 PM
    Did you disable the bloatware? That also must be done. Carriers like to load these up but iPhone don't get that junk which is part of the problem.

There's also Samsung bloat that needs to be removed.
    07-06-2015 09:55 PM
    Aaaaw c'mon. All these 'ex' iphone fanboys trying to put down the GS6 with it's 'freezes' 'lock-ups' 'short battery life' complaints....GET REAL!

I've had umpteen recent Android phones of various makes....and they just don't happen anymore (mbe in the VERY early days of Android...and I mean 'VERY' early....) but no more than my friends' iPhones do nowadays. I really can't remember the last time I've had ANY phone 'lock-up' on me lately tbh.

If I went over to the IP....I'd have a massive learning curve too....(why can't I just Wifi this song to my PC FFS???)

The argument of Android being a bit flakey but IP's being 'rock solid' has now become obsolete I'm afraid...choose your OS and live with it, or if you're gonna change, give it a few months to adapt to the new way of doing things....
    Just because you're experiencing perfect Android phones doesn't mean everyone else is. Try having a fault radio phone built into your Android phone and see how you get on
    07-06-2015 10:12 PM
    Just because you're experiencing perfect Android phones doesn't mean everyone else is. Try having a fault radio phone built into your Android phone and see how you get on
    The converse is also true. In the US, we can't appreciate your issues in Australia. If I have an issue with a device, I have options to deal with them, some easy and some finically prohibitive.
    07-06-2015 10:24 PM
    There's also Samsung bloat that needs to be removed.
    LOL. Yes, as well as some Google bloat too. Isn't that the real problem with carrier phones? It's not the hardware, it's the bloat. If iPhone had the same bloat it would lag as well, but it doesn't so it won't and that is the only reason to go iPhone really or nexus.

07-06-2015 11:37 PM

Remember - Just because you don't have issues does not mean everyone has no issues. Hence why the forums are here... To work out issues and discuss topics .
    07-06-2015 11:42 PM
    LOL. Yes, as well as some Google bloat too. Isn't that the real problem with carrier phones? It's not the hardware, it's the bloat. If iPhone had the same bloat it would lag as well, but it doesn't so it won't and that is the only reason to go iPhone really or nexus.

When was the last time you had an iPhone to say that it doesn't have bloat. I have a whole folder of "Extras" that I never use
    07-06-2015 11:44 PM
    Well I meant carrier bloat. Does it have carrier bloat or just apple junk? My last iPhone was the 5s.

07-06-2015 11:52 PM
    I just switched from iPhone to Galaxy S6 and I'm never heading back.
    taarkan and Gray Area like this.
    07-07-2015 02:56 AM
    Thanks, but I may still be left out as I don't have a windows PC, only a mac book. I didn't see a macbook method just windows. Did I miss it? I see it's possible using virtual machine. I may have to wait for them to get it mac compatible. I'm not that computer savvy and don't really feel all that comfy putting all that on a pristine macbook. Thanks, for the info tho.
    Grab a 64 bit edition of Windows 8. 1 and load it on your MacBook with Boot camp. This way you can have the best of both worlds. I did this on my IMac and it's not that difficult.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active
    07-07-2015 06:13 AM
    Grab a 64 bit edition of Windows 8. 1 and load it on your MacBook with Boot camp. This way you can have the best of both worlds. I did this on my IMac and it's not that difficult.

Yup, best thing ever! Only problem is that it will cost ya 200 bucks for a copy of Windows 8.1.
    07-07-2015 06:32 AM
    So I finally decided to try out the GS6 and bought one today. So far its been a mixed bag and Im going to give it a week but if you asked me right now I would say give me back my iP6.
    For starters one really important things to have in a phone for me is a good camera. Now so far the front facing camera on the GS6 is crazy good, it kills my iPhone's. Also when taking pictures of landscapes or any stagnant image the details are exceptional. But sadly probably the most important thing I need a camera to do is for me to be able to take a quick pic of my kids running around and get a decent result. So far the GS6 fails at this. I was in my backyard with plenty of light while the kids were running around and I couldn't for the life of me get a picture without it being blurry. I turned off HDR auto and even turned on the tracking feature but I couldn't get it to take a decent pic. Sure enough I grabbed my wifes iPhone and got clear results on almost every pic.
    Its the little things too like when I first was setting the phone up it started flashing between screens and I had to manually power it off twice to get it to stop. Ive had more apps crash in the first day on the GS6 than I had on my iPhone all year.At one point it told me I couldnt use the phones flash because the phone was too hot, I have never seen this happen on a phone before.
    I'll report back in a week and let you know what I decided
    Download sport mode from the galaxy app store. It's pre-configured to work exactly for your needs. I have never seen a better camera on a phone than the S6 and I've had quite a few phones to play with! Here's a shot of my son at the beach on a cloudy day and my daughter at softball. Notice the ball is perfectly clear.

Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?-20150619_102720.jpg

Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?-20150619_102722.jpg

Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?-20150502_150257.jpgAnyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?-20150502_150312.jpgAnyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?-20150502_150331.jpg
    chezm and deeb215 like this.
    07-07-2015 07:03 AM
    Yup, best thing ever! Only problem is that it will cost ya 200 bucks for a copy of Windows 8.1.
    Nope... less than 1/2 that.

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?it...82E16832416776

07-07-2015 07:19 AM
    Nope... less than 1/2 that.

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?it...82E16832416776

I paid 200 for mine... 😢
    But at 100 it's totally worth it not sure about that seller but best buy has it for 96 bucks.
    07-07-2015 07:56 AM
    Iwas an iphone user for a little while and could not get the hang of it but then again it might have just been me.. in my opinion the android s5 & s6 are a lot easier to figure out plus you can customize it to your liking or however you're feeling at that point in time.. overall iphone nd android both have their pros nd cons it just depends on the person if you're more of a business person or just on the go a lot nd use the Internet quite frequently the iphone is for you although I've had some of my friends complain about how after a while the iphone starts to slow down due to too much data or memory being used with the android you can add extra memory no problem.. Too each is own what ever it is fits you beat go for that don't go by the hypes of new phones/technology although don't get me wrong technology is the future, just get something that pleases yourself nd the lifestyle you carry..

07-07-2015 09:02 AM
    I went back to my Note 4...no regrets..
    07-07-2015 07:25 PM
363 ... 56789 ...