07-30-2015 09:14 AM
363 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    There is something to be said for being able to control the software and the hardware. The iPhone benefits a lot from that to be sure. Battery life is proof. My 6 Plus does some kinda black magic with the battery that even my Note 4 can't match.

Sent from the Elegance
    I think a lot of it has to do with standby time. My iPhone standby is higher than on my M9. Maybe because iOS doesn't allow as much running in the background.
    krazyatom likes this.
    07-24-2015 11:07 AM
    I think a lot of it has to do with standby time. My iPhone standby is higher than on my M9. Maybe because iOS doesn't allow as much running in the background.
    That makes sense.

Sent from the Elegance
    07-24-2015 11:09 AM
    Actually you are incorrect. The new ios breaks it down
    What does SOS Only mean? I've never seen that on iOS before.
    07-24-2015 11:09 AM
    What does SOS Only mean? I've never seen that on iOS before.
    It means I don't have a sim card in the phone. My sim card is in my s6 and I use my six plus as like an iPod touch over wifi
    07-24-2015 11:10 AM
    Actually you are incorrect. The new ios breaks it down
    If you add those up do they equal 10 hours of "usage" as per your previous screenshot?
    07-24-2015 11:12 AM
    If you add those up do they equal 10 hours of "usage" as per your previous screenshot?
    You said the phone doesn't say how much you've actually used it. I was just showing you that it does
    07-24-2015 11:14 AM
    It means I don't have a sim card in the phone. My sim card is in my s6 and I use my six plus as like an iPod touch over wifi
    Oh ok. For some reason I though mine said No Sim up there. I put mine back in my iPhone when PB 2 was released.
    07-24-2015 11:16 AM
    You said the phone doesn't say how much you've actually used it. I was just showing you that it does
    And I said more after that... No need to cherry pick .

I was saying SoT isn't equal to "usage" so your 10 hours of usage is with 2 or so hours of screen on time? Seems pretty on point for the same as my Android phones. Also as you stated before you're using it as a wifi only device -- If you do that with most Android phones you get more life as well. Cell signal drains the battery a lot due to the phone having to keep it alive.
    07-24-2015 11:18 AM
    And I said more after that... No need to cherry pick .

I was saying SoT isn't equal to "usage" so your 10 hours of usage is with 2 or so hours of screen on time? Seems pretty on point for the same as my Android phones. Also as you stated before you're using it as a wifi only device -- If you do that with most Android phones you get more life as well. Cell signal drains the battery a lot due to the phone having to keep it alive.
    If I have an android device ever reach 41 hours without me ever having to recharge it even once I'm dreaming. I've NEVER had a phone last that long off the charger
    07-24-2015 11:19 AM
    If I have an android device ever reach 41 hours without me ever having to recharge it even once I'm dreaming. I've NEVER had a phone last that long off the charger
    I'm charging my M9 right now. I'm gonna use it wifi only and see what happens. I'm not saying you or Almeuit is wrong or right. I'm just curious to see what happens.
    07-24-2015 11:22 AM
    I'm charging my M9 right now. I'm gonna use it wifi only and see what happens. I'm not saying you or Almeuit is wrong or right. I'm just curious to see what happens.
    I put my s6 into airplane mode once and kept it on wifi only. I got 21 hours total off the charger
    07-24-2015 11:25 AM
    I got both devices and they're both great, but overall experience I gotta give edge to iPhone 6 plus. IOS is very stable and battery management is way too good, but it's so boring lol.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    msm0511 and Denisej like this.
    07-24-2015 11:27 AM
    I have seen some Note 4s from my forum team last a loooonggg time via wifi online and not using cellular.
    07-24-2015 11:27 AM
    I have seen some Note 4s from my forum team last a loooonggg time via wifi online and not using cellular.
    Yeah and how much bigger are those batteries than the batteries in the six plus?

Six plus- 2915 Mah
    Note 4- 3220 Mah
    07-24-2015 11:29 AM
    Again -- please realize I am not saying it doesn't get good battery life which you seem to be taking it that way. I am simply saying your 10 hours of "usage" doesn't mean 10 hours of screen on time. You have 10 hours w/ 2-2 1/2 hours of SoT which seems pretty normal for a wifi only device. Most Android phones can hit that without an issue.

I could dig up some screenshots of my 6+ where I killed it to 50% in 2 hours time. It just depends on usage.
    07-24-2015 11:30 AM
    Again -- please realize I am not saying it doesn't get good battery life which you seem to be taking it that way. I am simply saying your 10 hours of "usage" doesn't mean 10 hours of screen on time. You have 10 hours w/ 2-2 1/2 hours of SoT which seems pretty normal for a wifi only device. Most Android phones can hit that without an issue.

I could dig up some screenshots of my 6+ where I killed it to 50% in 2 hours time. It just depends on usage.
    How is it only 2-2.5 hours???
    07-24-2015 11:32 AM
    How is it only 2-2.5 hours???
    Actually you are right -- I added up what I could see and it is about 4-4.5 hours... but again that really isn't anything over my Android devices considering you are using it on wifi only and are down to 2%.

Apple does have good battery management .. Better than Android but they are also different in how they operate. Apple allows some back ground tasks whereas Android allows the entire app to run full power (if it calls for it). My gf's iPad Air 2 has amazing life (wifi-only model) and we only charge it once every 1 to 1 1/2 weeks so I agree on the life lasting. I agree the 6/6+ get good life but it doesn't just smoke my Android devices. I used the 6+ for about 5-6 months so I am not going off just a week of playing with it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-24-2015 11:48 AM
    Guys if your priority is awesome Battery life S6 is not for you.

07-24-2015 12:08 PM
    I got both devices and they're both great, but overall experience I gotta give edge to iPhone 6 plus. IOS is very stable and battery management is way too good, but it's so boring lol.

I completely agree. iOS is much smoother, more consistent, and more predictable in general use. I do love the customization and more granular control of the OS in Android as well. I read a lot about how people would move to iOS if they allowed more user control, but then you would run into the same issues as Android. They just handle things differently. Neither is right or wrong. Just different.
    07-24-2015 12:11 PM
    iPhone is a poor joke compared to this phone
    07-24-2015 02:07 PM
    iPhone is a poor joke compared to this phone
    I'm sure some think that but many don't. Why is the iPhone 6 a joke compared to the S6 in your opinion?

from the Elegance
    07-24-2015 02:23 PM
    Name one area where the iPhone is better ? It gets absolutely trounced in every spec it doesn't even have better battery life despite almost half the amount of pixels on screen besides the fact no IR no OIS slower downloads weak screen etc etc your still just paying for the logo on the back there is not one advantage they have even now lost the advantage of better build quality.
    07-24-2015 02:36 PM
    Name one area where the iPhone is better ? It gets absolutely trounced in every spec it doesn't even have better battery life despite almost half the amount of pixels on screen besides the fact no IR no OIS slower downloads weak screen etc etc your still just paying for the logo on the back there is not one advantage they have even now lost the advantage of better build quality.
    Battery life is at least as good on the iPhone, if not better. I have a 6 Plus and a Note 4. Some of my friends have the S6 while others have the iPhone 6. I haven't seen anything on either that trounces the other.

Sent from the Elegance
    07-24-2015 02:40 PM
    The battery on it is pretty good -- It definitely isn't bad. The iPhone 6+ does have OIS on it -- The slower downloads depends highly on the network you are connected to.
    07-24-2015 02:43 PM
    Ha ok the fact is the iPhone screen is Trounced the iPhone camera is Trounced the iPhone internals are Trounced and the S6 has Cat6 LTE the IP6 only has Cat4 LTE this is not down to network and as for the 6+ having OIS well the IP6 is already more expensive than the S6 on contract here in the UK and the 6+ is even more ridiculously overpriced considering it does nothing better in any area.
    07-24-2015 02:59 PM
363 ... 7891011 ...