Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think Samsung makes great components, but somehow can't seem to put it all together right themselves. I think they try to add too much, and don't have enough focus. Maybe it's just me, but I think software is their weakest point.

That could be part of it but, it could also be apps especially those not optimized enough to run on the GS6. Some of them could be huge resource hogs constantly refreshing background data like many social media apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I know on the Note 4, disabling S-Voice removed the app switcher lag.

That, and setting animations to .5x made improvements. Also, you can flat out disable transition animations, but i personally like them.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree with this point. The inconsistency annoys me too. Sometimes I will get 6-7 hours of screen on time and the very next day I wouldget only 4-5 hours of screen on time on the S6 doing the EXACT SAME THING like wtf. Whereas on my six plus I average 10 or more hours of screen on time every day. Every charge. A little bit less since the release of 8.4 as the phone is now faster. But it's CONSISTENT

Just remember "Usage" on iOS is not screen-on time. There isn't a real way to gauge screen-on time directly like there is on Android. I know for sure I couldn't have my screen on for 10 hours with my iPhone 6+ because I could watch a bunch of shows at work and by mid-day (4 hours of use) I would be around 30-40%.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Just remember "Usage" on iOS is not screen-on time. There isn't a real way to gauge screen-on time directly like there is on Android. I know for sure I couldn't have my screen on for 10 hours with my iPhone 6+ because I could watch a bunch of shows at work and by mid-day (4 hours of use) I would be around 30-40%.

Well I would like to know what else it is going then because I have all background data turned off on my phone. Also I barely watch any videos on it. I only have 35gb of data total a month on both my wifi and phone combined

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I give technology where credit is due and while I love my S6 I admit the battery life is inconsistent compared to iOS. Let's not talk about the difference of each OS, they function and behave different. But if someone asks me which of the 2 is a more stable and consistent experience iPhone is hands down.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
When I go to my parents house for family get togethers monthly, I'm surrounded by iPhone 5 and 6. All of them hug the wall at some point so idk about battery life being so much better. Maybe on the 6+ because it's a huge phone that's a Note 4 class phone, therefore it's not fair to compare to s6/edge. Another thing I've noticed with each family event more and more of the iPhone's become cracked with or without a case every month another relatives ip6 or ip5 has a cracked screen. Lastly, as far as software, to each it's own. I've played around with ios it is fast and optimized. Android will never be as smooth simply because Android is on so many platforms with different skins and options etc...

Some of the problems many users who favor iPhone are complaining about are isolated to individual devices that are defective or has a os hangup. Is there lag on s6/edge? Well, when I use chrome for several minutes straight, since I've changed settings to let it use 500mb cache it sometime will have to reload my homescreen for 3-4sec after I close chrome. Sometimes the keyboard will stutter if I'm typing while listening to tune in radio for an hour or more straight. Does it get hot? When I'm outside in the sun with terrible reception, yes a little. But I've had this issue with every phone I've ever had, this s6 edge happens to complete all the tasks faster. Since upgrading to 5.1.1 the battery is lasting longer and I havn't had any heat whatsoever, even with poor signal.

I think both the s6 and ip6 are top quality phones as well as g4 and m9. Hell, Sony makes a great phone, as well as other manufacturers. Get what you like and enjoy it.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife & I run a business and our phones are used hard daily to do so. I have a GS6 and she has a iphone 6.

Both great devices but my battery almost daily out lasts hers. Also, if I use her phone for a period of time, which happens periodically, I'll be honest, I get bored with it.

I must be one of the lucky ones that got a flawless device. I think GS6 is about as good as it can get...I'd be bored stiff with ios as a daily driver.

dougie1792

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Download clean master it helps clean the ram when to much is getting used

posted from my beautiful GalaxyS6 64gb gold -at&t-

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
When I go to my parents house for family get togethers monthly, I'm surrounded by iPhone 5 and 6. All of them hug the wall at some point so idk about battery life being so much better. Maybe on the 6+ because it's a huge phone that's a Note 4 class phone, therefore it's not fair to compare to s6/edge. Another thing I've noticed with each family event more and more of the iPhone's become cracked with or without a case every month another relatives ip6 or ip5 has a cracked screen. Lastly, as far as software, to each it's own. I've played around with ios it is fast and optimized. Android will never be as smooth simply because Android is on so many platforms with different skins and options etc...

Some of the problems many users who favor iPhone are complaining about are isolated to individual devices that are defective or has a os hangup. Is there lag on s6/edge? Well, when I use chrome for several minutes straight, since I've changed settings to let it use 500mb cache it sometime will have to reload my homescreen for 3-4sec after I close chrome. Sometimes the keyboard will stutter if I'm typing while listening to tune in radio for an hour or more straight. Does it get hot? When I'm outside in the sun with terrible reception, yes a little. But I've had this issue with every phone I've ever had, this s6 edge happens to complete all the tasks faster. Since upgrading to 5.1.1 the battery is lasting longer and I havn't had any heat whatsoever, even with poor signal.

I think both the s6 and ip6 are top quality phones as well as g4 and m9. Hell, Sony makes a great phone, as well as other manufacturers. Get what you like and enjoy it.

I love how people say it's not fair to compare the S6 battery with the 6+ battery when it's only like 350mah difference lol

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My wife & I run a business and our phones are used hard daily to do so. I have a GS6 and she has a iphone 6.

Both great devices but my battery almost daily out lasts hers. Also, if I use her phone for a period of time, which happens periodically, I'll be honest, I get bored with it.

I must be one of the lucky ones that got a flawless device. I think GS6 is about as good as it can get...I'd be bored stiff with ios as a daily driver.

He refers to the i6 and not i6+.

canthoine

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the iphone 6 and the gs6 I sold the iphone 6.. I don't know what the "lag" is that people claim to see on the gs6 this thing works great. I do wish I had better battery life. Ios 8. Was a joke the ip6 had horrid wifi Bluetooth and did lag I had previous iphone that did not lag but the ip6 sure did

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I love how people say it's not fair to compare the S6 battery with the 6+ battery when it's only like 350mah difference lol

Well if you disagree with the comparison that's OK, other people will agree or disagree.

Jaykaylfc

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Iphone is so easy to use it does take a bit if getting used to when you do make the change, but I'm sticking with the s6

Also, I've had none of the problems you listed, in fact I can go to work, listen to music via bluetooth for most of the day and come home 9 hours later with more than 50% battery on samsung, I couldn't get 8 hours out of my iPhone 5s

Battery life on samsung is so much better in my opinion

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Apple sold 64 mil iPhones last quarter and S6 and all other androids are moving slowly so looks like to iPhone is where folks are going.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Apple sold 64 mil iPhones last quarter and S6 and all other androids are moving slowly so looks like to iPhone is where folks are going.

Yup, and they will do the same this year when their new phones come out in September. Android may be up there but it's only because of the new flagships that dropped this year. Let's see Samsung or LG sell 64 mil S6's or G4's in a quarter. But that being said, the S6 is an awesome phone. And so is the G4 for that matter.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The thing with iPhone and ipads they just work right out of the box, there memory management is far superior to android and they are just plain simple to use and learn I work on computers smartphone and tablets for a living,so I have seen a lot of mobile electronics,I own no Apple products just 2 Android phones but I have tested plenty of the stuff I fix and there is no doubt that IOS is a smoother overall operating system and yes some of the apps are better where Apple does fail is how poor the internals are I would just as soon tear down Samsung tablets and phones all day and the way they give you limitless storage space for such expensive devices

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I personally like both. And I will continue to have both platforms. They both do things right. I wish I was able to stick to one because it will be a lot cheaper in the long run, but the ways things are I think I will be bouncing back and forth for a bit. The S6 to me, is basically close to the best of both worlds... Style and performance. If lollipop / touchwiz wasn't so buggy it will be damn near perfect.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I like the apps better on the iPhone. Androids versions of bother twitter and Facebook are so clunky. Though I admit I like how on Android any status or picture you post on your account automatically shows on the news feed instead of having to refresh. But twitter on Android is a nightmare compared to ios

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I like the apps better on the iPhone. Androids versions of bother twitter and Facebook are so clunky. Though I admit I like how on Android any status or picture you post on your account automatically shows on the news feed instead of having to refresh. But twitter on Android is a nightmare compared to ios

I actually differ here -- I like most Android apps more due to more freedom. As for Twitter and FB ... I really haven't noticed much of a difference in the versions from iOS to Android. They function the same for me on my devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.