Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I actually differ here -- I like most Android apps more due to more freedom. As for Twitter and FB ... I really haven't noticed much of a difference in the versions from iOS to Android. They function the same for me on my devices.

I literally work on twitter so I notice the differences. It doesn't show you which accounts you have muted like it does on iOS. In ios you get a number pop up in the notifications section letting you know you have a notification instead of having to constantly refresh. The android version is a LOT more clunky while the iOS version is fluid and smooth

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I also agree that in my experiences, iOS apps are better than android. And in somesome cases iOS has awesome apps that android doesn't even have. One example is pdf expert... I wish android would make an app close to it.

mister_xenomorph

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I just bought an S6 after having both an iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, and while I absolutely adore most of the hardware of the S6, I think I'll be swapping it out for the iPhone 6. Hardware-wise, I've had no problems with my S6, but I just can't really deal with the inconsistency of Android in comparison to iOS. My battery life is unpredictable, sometimes exceeding my expectations and sometimes undercutting them; for example, while in a road trip, I streamed about and hour and twenty minutes of video through Netflix on my S6 and lost only 11% through it all. Meanwhile, I could just be browsing Facebook or texting someone and the battery will drain just as fast if not more quickly than when I was watching video. Thid has led me to having to constantly monitor my battery's drainage since I can't really predict how soon it'll conk out. Even if its battery life wasn't quite as good, I never had that issue on my iPhone 5 even after two years of use. I also really looked forward to using the fingerprint scanner as a means of locking/unlocking my phone (I'm not a fan of having a passcode or password), but the scan times vary wildly. Sometimes it's very quick, other times it take a few seconds. That's the only use I have for the scanner, so it's just plain disappointing. That's about where the objective issues end, though; everything beyond that is personal preference. I miss having iTunes integration (plus Touch ID can be used to purchase things from the iTunes/App stores), I miss the support and quality of iOS apps, I miss having Siri, especially for hands-free music control in my car (Google Now just doesn't do that well at all), and I miss not needing to worry about whether I got texts or calls or anything from people with iPhones (pretty much 80% of people I know). While iOS is more closed, it's also smoother and more secure. To be sure, though, there are things I'll miss about my S6 when I switch, like the camera quality/quick launch and quick charging.

Posted via the Android Central App

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I just bought an S6 after having both an iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, and while I absolutely adore most of the hardware of the S6, I think I'll be swapping it out for the iPhone 6. Hardware-wise, I've had no problems with my S6, but I just can't really deal with the inconsistency of Android in comparison to iOS. My battery life is unpredictable, sometimes exceeding my expectations and sometimes undercutting them; for example, while in a road trip, I streamed about and hour and twenty minutes of video through Netflix on my S6 and lost only 11% through it all. Meanwhile, I could just be browsing Facebook or texting someone and the battery will drain just as fast if not more quickly than when I was watching video. Thid has led me to having to constantly monitor my battery's drainage since I can't really predict how soon it'll conk out. Even if its battery life wasn't quite as good, I never had that issue on my iPhone 5 even after two years of use. I also really looked forward to using the fingerprint scanner as a means of locking/unlocking my phone (I'm not a fan of having a passcode or password), but the scan times vary wildly. Sometimes it's very quick, other times it take a few seconds. That's the only use I have for the scanner, so it's just plain disappointing. That's about where the objective issues end, though; everything beyond that is personal preference. I miss having iTunes integration (plus Touch ID can be used to purchase things from the iTunes/App stores), I miss the support and quality of iOS apps, I miss having Siri, especially for hands-free music control in my car (Google Now just doesn't do that well at all), and I miss not needing to worry about whether I got texts or calls or anything from people with iPhones (pretty much 80% of people I know). While iOS is more closed, it's also smoother and more secure. To be sure, though, there are things I'll miss about my S6 when I switch, like the camera quality/quick launch and quick charging.

I know exactly what you mean about the inconsistency in the battery. It is the most annoying thing about the phone. Some days I will get an hours usage using the phone flat out and have it only drop to 87% or other days like yesterday I will be doing virtually nothing on the phone and it dropped down to 91% in only half an hour. This is never an issue on my 6+. If I do something consistently on my phone one day and do the exact same things on it the next day the battery will last the same amount of time from one day to the next

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Like I've been saying for a while iOS only real problem for me has been customization, lack thereof. If iPhone allowed me to customize the UI as much as Android I'd sell my S6 for an iPhone {last one owned was 5S}. And no I refuse to jailbreak the device, just as much as I refuse to root my android.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Like I've been saying for a while iOS only real problem for me has been customization, lack thereof. If iPhone allowed me to customize the UI as much as Android I'd sell my S6 for an iPhone {last one owned was 5S}. And no I refuse to jailbreak the device, just as much as I refuse to root my android.

Which is why I'm so excited about the prospects of ios9. Apple are starting to open up more and more and as they continue to do so they are making my decision between an iPhone 7 plus and a sg7 harder lol

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Which is why I'm so excited about the prospects of ios9. Apple are starting to open up more and more and as they continue to do so they are making my decision between an iPhone 7 plus and a sg7 harder lol

I hope Apple does start opening things up, it's been way too long in the waiting. Isn't the ios9 beta out for Dev? Wouldn't you guys know if more UI options became avaliable for its next phone?

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I hope Apple does start opening things up, it's been way too long in the waiting. Isn't the ios9 beta out for Dev? Wouldn't you guys know if more UI options became avaliable for its next phone?

I'm very excited about the features that are being shown in the beta so far. So much so that I signed up for the public beta that is supposed to be taking place in July. Even though it's July and still no sign of it.

Here are some of the new features coming with ios9:

https://youtu.be/8iCiFYax_dk

https://youtu.be/Kuoyh-f6DKE

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm very excited about the features that are being shown in the beta so far. So much so that I signed up for the public beta that is supposed to be taking place in July. Even though it's July and still no sign of it.

Here are some of the new features coming with ios9:

https://youtu.be/8iCiFYax_dk

https://youtu.be/Kuoyh-f6DKE

I am a public beta tester for Mac OSX, and signed up for iOS8, but didn't get picked. I read that they're expanding the public betas with iOS 9. I hope so.

teerexx87

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Yea, I loved the camera on the s6, but the phone was just too laggy for me. I left my iPhone on all night and lost 1% battery. The s6 would lose about 10%. Even doing basic tasks like texting would drain the battery on it. I did all the tips I could find, but to no avail. I just don't want to constantly be worrying about my battery life and having to adjust every little thing in hopes of it improving. It's the bugs, like some of the ones you described, that I just couldn't handle anymore. Perhaps if I had always been on android I would be used to it, but coming from Apple it just isn't acceptable to me :/ best of luck with yours though!
What you described is what I also hah on my FIRST S6. But it was worst. My GPS wouldn't work, losing signal bars, dropped calls, lagging UI, and camera wad slow loading pictures. So I recently had to call AT&T customer service and technical support to tell them everything and they kindly replace my phone since it wad only close to 2 months of using it. After that I got the phone I LOVE it! I guess there were some defects out there. But going through after 3 phone replacement I could understand. My girlfriend has an Apple iPhone 5s and she starting to like my S6 now since it works properly and the camera is amazing. She was shocked that I was able to capture pictures while recording video. Overall it's one of the best phone out there just alot of bugs on the first batch of S6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Only reason I sold my 6 plus is because the lack of customization. IOS is very boring. Just one big app draw. Lollipop is the only reason why I came back to Android. And since the S6 basically looks exactly like an overgrown iPhone 4s it was a no brainer. I still can't get over the phone using 80% of the ram.

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
What you described is what I also hah on my FIRST S6. But it was worst. My GPS wouldn't work, losing signal bars, dropped calls, lagging UI, and camera wad slow loading pictures. So I recently had to call AT&T customer service and technical support to tell them everything and they kindly replace my phone since it wad only close to 2 months of using it. After that I got the phone I LOVE it! I guess there were some defects out there. But going through after 3 phone replacement I could understand. My girlfriend has an Apple iPhone 5s and she starting to like my S6 now since it works properly and the camera is amazing. She was shocked that I was able to capture pictures while recording video. Overall it's one of the best phone out there just alot of bugs on the first batch of S6.

I agree. I waited a few months before I purchased my S6 and mines so far works perfectly. A Lil lag, good battery life and the signal quality excellent. Better than my 6 plus. This phone is beautiful. Makes me not miss my 6 plus.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

You can capture pics when recording video on iPhone as well. Might just be on the 6/6 Plus. I can't remember if my 5s could or not.

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site

For $8 you can download the iOS 9 beta. I did and so far I like it. It's a little glitchy sometimes, I'm guessing since its the beta version, but I'm impatient so I downloaded anyway lol👍

mister_xenomorph

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I know exactly what you mean about the inconsistency in the battery. It is the most annoying thing about the phone. Some days I will get an hours usage using the phone flat out and have it only drop to 87% or other days like yesterday I will be doing virtually nothing on the phone and it dropped down to 91% in only half an hour. This is never an issue on my 6+. If I do something consistently on my phone one day and do the exact same things on it the next day the battery will last the same amount of time from one day to the next

Prime example now: I've been using my phone for some music and social media (intermittently, that is) for about five hours, but my battery is already down to 63%! The heck D:

KelseyRo4

May 11, 2015
Visit site

Yes, I downloaded it :)

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Prime example now: I've been using my phone for some music and social media (intermittently, that is) for about five hours, but my battery is already down to 63%! The heck D:

Try this lol. Your battery life actually sounds amazing

Attachments

• 1436112560725.jpg
    1436112560725.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 1436112572718.jpg
    1436112572718.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.