Anyone go back to iPhone after giving the s6 a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Aaaaw c'mon. All these 'ex' iphone fanboys trying to put down the GS6 with it's 'freezes' 'lock-ups' 'short battery life' complaints....GET REAL!

I've had umpteen recent Android phones of various makes....and they just don't happen anymore (mbe in the VERY early days of Android...and I mean 'VERY' early....) but no more than my friends' iPhones do nowadays. I really can't remember the last time I've had ANY phone 'lock-up' on me lately tbh.

If I went over to the IP....I'd have a massive learning curve too....(why can't I just Wifi this song to my PC FFS???)

The argument of Android being a bit flakey but IP's being 'rock solid' has now become obsolete I'm afraid...choose your OS and live with it, or if you're gonna change, give it a few months to adapt to the new way of doing things....

Just because you're experiencing perfect Android phones doesn't mean everyone else is. Try having a fault radio phone built into your Android phone and see how you get on

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just because you're experiencing perfect Android phones doesn't mean everyone else is. Try having a fault radio phone built into your Android phone and see how you get on

The converse is also true. In the US, we can't appreciate your issues in Australia. If I have an issue with a device, I have options to deal with them, some easy and some finically prohibitive.

De Venton

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
There's also Samsung bloat that needs to be removed.

LOL. Yes, as well as some Google bloat too. Isn't that the real problem with carrier phones? It's not the hardware, it's the bloat. If iPhone had the same bloat it would lag as well, but it doesn't so it won't and that is the only reason to go iPhone really or nexus.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Aaaaw c'mon. All these 'ex' iphone fanboys trying to put down the GS6 with it's 'freezes' 'lock-ups' 'short battery life' complaints....GET REAL!

I've had umpteen recent Android phones of various makes....and they just don't happen anymore (mbe in the VERY early days of Android...and I mean 'VERY' early....) but no more than my friends' iPhones do nowadays. I really can't remember the last time I've had ANY phone 'lock-up' on me lately tbh.

If I went over to the IP....I'd have a massive learning curve too....(why can't I just Wifi this song to my PC FFS???)

The argument of Android being a bit flakey but IP's being 'rock solid' has now become obsolete I'm afraid...choose your OS and live with it, or if you're gonna change, give it a few months to adapt to the new way of doing things....

Remember - Just because you don't have issues does not mean everyone has no issues. Hence why the forums are here... To work out issues and discuss topics :).

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
LOL. Yes, as well as some Google bloat too. Isn't that the real problem with carrier phones? It's not the hardware, it's the bloat. If iPhone had the same bloat it would lag as well, but it doesn't so it won't and that is the only reason to go iPhone really or nexus.

When was the last time you had an iPhone to say that it doesn't have bloat. I have a whole folder of "Extras" that I never use

De Venton

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Well I meant carrier bloat. Does it have carrier bloat or just apple junk? My last iPhone was the 5s.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but I may still be left out as I don't have a windows PC, only a mac book. I didn't see a macbook method just windows. Did I miss it? I see it's possible using virtual machine. I may have to wait for them to get it mac compatible. I'm not that computer savvy and don't really feel all that comfy putting all that on a pristine macbook. Thanks, for the info tho.

Grab a 64 bit edition of Windows 8. 1 and load it on your MacBook with Boot camp. This way you can have the best of both worlds. I did this on my IMac and it's not that difficult.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Grab a 64 bit edition of Windows 8. 1 and load it on your MacBook with Boot camp. This way you can have the best of both worlds. I did this on my IMac and it's not that difficult.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

Yup, best thing ever! Only problem is that it will cost ya 200 bucks for a copy of Windows 8.1.

taarkan

May 10, 2010
Visit site
So I finally decided to try out the GS6 and bought one today. So far its been a mixed bag and Im going to give it a week but if you asked me right now I would say give me back my iP6.
For starters one really important things to have in a phone for me is a good camera. Now so far the front facing camera on the GS6 is crazy good, it kills my iPhone's. Also when taking pictures of landscapes or any stagnant image the details are exceptional. But sadly probably the most important thing I need a camera to do is for me to be able to take a quick pic of my kids running around and get a decent result. So far the GS6 fails at this. I was in my backyard with plenty of light while the kids were running around and I couldn't for the life of me get a picture without it being blurry. I turned off HDR auto and even turned on the tracking feature but I couldn't get it to take a decent pic. Sure enough I grabbed my wifes iPhone and got clear results on almost every pic.
Its the little things too like when I first was setting the phone up it started flashing between screens and I had to manually power it off twice to get it to stop. Ive had more apps crash in the first day on the GS6 than I had on my iPhone all year.At one point it told me I couldnt use the phones flash because the phone was too hot, I have never seen this happen on a phone before.
I'll report back in a week and let you know what I decided

Download sport mode from the galaxy app store. It's pre-configured to work exactly for your needs. I have never seen a better camera on a phone than the S6 and I've had quite a few phones to play with! Here's a shot of my son at the beach on a cloudy day and my daughter at softball. Notice the ball is perfectly clear.

20150619_102720.jpg

20150619_102722.jpg

20150502_150257.jpg20150502_150312.jpg20150502_150331.jpg

Luis Bryan Corona

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Iwas an iphone user for a little while and could not get the hang of it but then again it might have just been me.. in my opinion the android s5 & s6 are a lot easier to figure out plus you can customize it to your liking or however you're feeling at that point in time.. overall iphone nd android both have their pros nd cons it just depends on the person if you're more of a business person or just on the go a lot nd use the Internet quite frequently the iphone is for you although I've had some of my friends complain about how after a while the iphone starts to slow down due to too much data or memory being used with the android you can add extra memory no problem.. Too each is own what ever it is fits you beat go for that don't go by the hypes of new phones/technology although don't get me wrong technology is the future, just get something that pleases yourself nd the lifestyle you carry..

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, only Android has major problems...

http://gizmodo.com/iphone-keeps-restarting-glitch-is-driving-the-interne-1716328686

I like both platforms, honestly, but to say that only Android is glitchy or fails or whatever is completely off base. Apple has its share of issues. Usually not major, because it is obviously easier to handle QC when you make the OS and the hardware.

Just use what you like and be happy about it. You don't need to convince people why your phone is superior.

Like I said, I like both, but I prefer Android because I want the freedom it provides me and gives me the ability to make my phone/tablet mine.

LOLWOWJason

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I just worried about the bluetooth of iPhone 6 which i buy in Christmas for my girl friend...
It always no signs of disconnect when we use it to listen something.
Poor battery life is a problem too...
She would like to use her iPhone exchange my G4...

Wai Kong Pang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've had both the GS6 and iPhone 6 for some time now and have been going back and forth but im starting to lean more towards the iPhone 6 in the last couple weeks. Like others have said the GS6 is amazing as far as camera, the abolity to customize and certain features but just too many bugs. Laggy software (compared to iOS), app crashing, poor battery life, music issues with bluetooth. I cant wait and HOPE these things are fixed with software updates. I waited to 5.1 and it seems like the phone is actually worse lol. Dont get me wrong the iPhone is not perfect either but the OS is much more fluid, more stable, app quality is better as well as battery life. I just found myself spending more time tinkering and making adjustments to the GS6 than actually enjoying the phone itself. Plus with the new jailbreak for iOS 8.3 just came out so many of the customization features I enjoyed on the S6 i now have on the iPhone so its like best of both worlds.

I just installed 5.1.1 and I feel the phone is snappier then before.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

Status
Not open for further replies.