I am very satisfy with the GS6 camera. And I created an album in FB to share some wonderful picture capture on my GS6 with my friend circle.

I wanted to take some macro picture. But I couldn't find the Macro mode setting. Can someone here help me?

Thanks.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6
    06-30-2015 02:06 AM
    I am very satisfy with the GS6 camera. And I created an album in FB to share some wonderful picture capture on my GS6 with my friend circle.

I wanted to take some macro picture. But I couldn't find the Macro mode setting. Can someone here help me?

Thanks.

There is no "Macro Mode". Older phones had this mode to make it easier for the phones software to focus on a closeup. Newer devices however don't need this mode as the camera will focus on it in any mode.
    06-30-2015 02:51 AM
    You can also go into pro mode and click the focus icon and mice the slider to macro

Posted with my shiny s6
    06-30-2015 02:52 AM
    Macro mode is available in the "Pro mode" within the camera, it allows you to use a slider to determine the focal point.
    Pixelsalad likes this.
    06-30-2015 07:46 AM
    Yeap, Macro is now in Pro Mode, with manual slider to focus change
    06-30-2015 12:21 PM
    Thanks for the answer. I thought it will be useful to have a shooting mode for Macro specifically. That will be easy.

06-30-2015 07:25 PM
    Thanks for the answer. I thought it will be useful to have a shooting mode for Macro specifically. That will be easy.

There is literally no difference in image quality. With the Macro in Pro mode you are forced to take a photo at a fixed distance. This is annoying as sometimes it will block out light. This is not a problem in most cases thanks to the flash but on glossy objects youre going to want to use natural lighting or external light source to spread light evenly. Not only that you're going to spend a lot longer trying to focus right. The advantage is you would get better Bokeh effect. But if its Bokeh you want I do suggest using Pro mode but not macro. And if you are serious about mobile photography then get mobile lenses off ebay. They are dead cheap.

With auto mode you can freely move your phone further and closer* (*upto the closest focus distance). Its a lot faster to just tap to focus then spend minutes fumbling about with the settings. Your subject might move. It really isn't as convenient as using Manual focus on my DSLR. Far from it. Hence I prefer using Auto-focus on the S6 for Close Ups.

Here are two samples. I took three photos with both Macro in Pro Mode and Auto Mode. I chose the best of the three and I'm sure others can take better images but this is just a sample. Both images were taken with 8x Zoom.

Where is the Macro mode?-20150701_072004.jpg Where is the Macro mode?-20150701_072013.jpg
    Where is the Macro mode?-20150701_072506.jpg
    06-30-2015 09:24 PM