07-02-2015 06:08 AM
92 ... 234
tools
    Avoid wireless charging

Wireless charging can be incredibly convenient if your phone can do it, but it's not without its disadvantages. The inductive, wireless chargers out there today have this nasty habit of generating a fair bit of waste heat. And while wasted energy is just a bummer in general, that heat will also toast your battery in the process. That's no bueno. It's a little less convenient, but standard plug-in charging is going to keep your battery in better shape, especially if you're some place warm to begin with.

This is straight from the Gizmodo Web site. So what's worse? Charging the phone at 20% or wireless charging?

So much for the convenience of wirless charging. Lmao.
    Technically using the battery at ALL is bad for the battery. Draining the battery is definitely worse than the slight heat from Wireless charging. My S6 would only charge a degree, two, and sometimes 3 higher than by wire -- Which really isn't that big in the grand scheme of things.

Honestly it is okay if you don't like it .. But you can't tell someone what is convenient for them as if it is a fact. What is convenient for me may not be convenient for you and that is okay.
    BioFanatic and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-01-2015 08:42 PM
    On my black Defender I noticed after two months the flap by the charging port is showing wear from being flapped up every night. I now use wireless charging to avoid the issue.
    You may want Otterbox to send another silicone case. Mine is still mint.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-01-2015 08:59 PM
    Technically using the battery at ALL is bad for the battery. Draining the battery is definitely worse than the slight heat from Wireless charging. My S6 would only charge a degree, two, and sometimes 3 higher than by wire -- Which really isn't that big in the grand scheme of things.

Honestly it is okay if you don't like it .. But you can't tell someone what is convenient for them as if it is a fact. What is convenient for me may not be convenient for you and that is okay.
    Just saying what I said from the get go. Wireless charging in my opinion is gimmicky. And has been know to cause long term battery damage according to reputable sources. But don't use topping off as a argument when constantly topping off with a wireless charger can cause damage anyway.
    07-01-2015 09:06 PM
    Just saying what I said from the get go. Wireless charging in my opinion is gimmicky. And has been know to cause long term battery damage according to reputable sources. But don't use topping off as a argument when constantly topping off with a wireless charger can cause damage anyway.
    And again what is gimmicky to you .. doesn't mean it is to others.
    warpdrive and smooth4lyfe like this.
    07-01-2015 09:10 PM
    Cool Beans.
    warpdrive likes this.
    07-01-2015 09:21 PM
    Ha, dude... Nobody is forcing anyone else to use it. You can find all the reasons in the world to defend stubborn behaviour, but the entire point of this entire post is that Rene is acting immature and is denying that there is a convenience associated with wireless charging.

Choice is a good thing.

Stop trying to hijack this thread and make it about the apparent horrors of wireless charging.
    07-01-2015 09:39 PM
    Links to reputable sources?
    07-01-2015 09:43 PM
    Reminder: Trolling should be avoided. Disagreeing is fine, but let's do so and follow PUPPAH at the same time.
    Please read the quoted post.
    Almeuit likes this.
    07-01-2015 09:44 PM
    Ha, dude... Nobody is forcing anyone else to use it. You can find all the reasons in the world to defend stubborn behaviour, but the entire point of this entire post is that Rene is acting immature and is denying that there is a convenience associated with wireless charging.

Choice is a good thing.

Stop trying to hijack this thread and make it about the apparent horrors of wireless charging.
    If you like using a wall charger or a wireless charging pad or a combination of the two methods, it's all good. Use whatever method works best for you. This is a no boliviation zone.
    07-01-2015 09:46 PM
    I have an LG wireless charger, actually.

It came with the G3 when we got it earlier this year.

It works like a charm. I just put it on and it charges. Simple as that. (Though the charger needs to be plugged in, but its no biggie).

I don't use wireless charging often because it does heat up the battery a little more, but it's not worrying and I actually do like the convenience of it. Plus, the battery on the G3 is removable, so as long as LG keeps making G3 batteries, there shouldn't be any worries of longevity.

Plus, the charger doubles as an awesome phone stand.
    07-01-2015 11:35 PM
    Links to reputable sources?
    http://gizmodo.com/how-to-take-care-...ht-w-513217256

Here u go sir.
    07-02-2015 12:03 AM
    Yup, it's not gimmicky to me at all... In fact it's super convenient

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!
    07-02-2015 12:19 AM
    Are your hands going to break from plugging the phone into a charger?
    So why did Apple create a magnetic connector for it's macbooks? Will plugging in a normal charger break users hands? Why did Apple create the lightning connector? Will it break users hands using the old version?

It's all about simplicity and ease of use

Posted via S6
    BioFanatic likes this.
    07-02-2015 03:46 AM
    I'm still quite intrigued about how you thought that wireless chargers work if you didn't have to plug them in?
    I thought they were like the battery juicers that you charge them up and then they operate wirelessly
    07-02-2015 05:01 AM

Choice is a good thing.

Why do you keep referring to the way people choose to do things as "stubborn behavior"? Just because people don't want to do things the same way as you or find different ways than you to be better for them doesn't mean they are being" stubborn". It just means they have a different OPINION
    TechGod2014 likes this.
    07-02-2015 05:11 AM
    Link still recommends conditioning, which should be avoided. Hmm.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    I thought they were like the battery juicers that you charge them up and then they operate wirelessly
    Great news for you. Some wireless chargers are exactly as you describe:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Qi-infinity-...cUvbUpU4529361
92 ... 234