Rene Ritchie (iMore) doesn't understand wireless charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I went to take a look at iMore this morning and found Rene up to his usual childish whining about Android and Samsung. Seriously, he acts like an eight year old. I can only imagine that Rene is jealous of Android and Samsung. Why else would he spend so much time trying to prove (to himself) that Apple is better? Hey Rene, you use what works for you and I'll use what works for me. Deal? Deal.

Rene doesn't understand "wireless charging." This is too hilarious.

"Of course, anyone and everyone watching the commercial knows that wireless charging pad had to be plugged into an outlet, just the same as a Lighting cable. That would be an equal struggle for iPhone or Galaxy owners alike. And, once the plug is in the socket, the difference between inserting a Lightning connector and plonking onto a pad is negligible."
I finally figured out why Samsung makes anti-iPhone ads... | iMore

He literally writes an entire article about how the wireless charger has to be plugged in, so it's no different, lol.
It IS different in that it's as simple as putting your phone on the table. It's different in that it literally adds zero time. It's different in that I can do it with one hand.

He wrote a childish, desperate article complaining about Samsung being childish and desperate in their ad. Bravo, Rene! Now I want the next iPhone to have wireless charging so you can completely 180 on the usefulness of that feature.

Last edited:

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Why can't people like what they like without people needing to turn it into a war. I have both a Samsung Galaxy S6 and an iPhone 6+ because I like different things about the different phones and operating systems. Was there really a need for this? Can't we just keep the peace with the whole android vs ios thing. So you like android and they like ios. Big deal. Move along and enjoy your android device and let them enjoy their ios. As long as you enjoy your phone that's all that matters. The iOS vs android arguments are really getting petty

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
In my experience the lighting plug is so much easier to attach to an iphone than USB to Samsung. Much less wear and tear on the port since it goes in either way. I use wireless charging to avoid having to use the port.

Wireless charging will be cool once apple invents it... lol!

Posted via my ZenFone 2!

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Why can't people like what they like without people needing to turn it into a war. I have both a Samsung Galaxy S6 and an iPhone 6+ because I like different things about the different phones and operating systems. Was there really a need for this? Can't we just keep the peace with the whole android vs ios thing. So you like android and they like ios. Big deal. Move along and enjoy your android device and let them enjoy their ios. As long as you enjoy your phone that's all that matters. The iOS vs android arguments are really getting petty

I'm sorry, are you talking to me or Rene? Because Rene is the petty one, I'm just calling him out. I don't care if you use an iPhone. My wife uses and iPhone and I recommended it for her. I really hope you're talking about Rene, because he CONSTANTLY picks on Android and Samsung.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry, are you talking to me or Rene? Because Rene is the petty one, I'm just calling him out. I don't care if you use an iPhone. My wife uses and iPhone and I recommended it for her. I really hope you're talking about Rene, because he CONSTANTLY picks on Android and Samsung.

I'm referring to both. Him for being petty for posting about that in that article. And you for bringing it to this forum when it didn't need to be

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
to be fair he does have a point though. I didn't know until this post that the wireless chargers had to be plugged in in order to be used. What's the difference in plugging in a wireless charger to plugging in the mobile phone. Either way you are still plugging in a device. Oh well saves me money to not buy a wireless charger any time soon

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm referring to both. Him for being petty for posting about that in that article. And you for bringing it to this forum when it didn't need to be

Rene deserves to be called out. He spreads false information or stretches the truth constantly, even Phil has commented subtly about this on one of his weekend posts. I'm simply bringing attention to it, as I really can't stand people that knowingly lie to push their opinions on others.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
to be fair he does have a point though. I didn't know until this post that the wireless chargers had to be plugged in in order to be used. What's the difference in plugging in a wireless charger to plugging in the mobile phone. Either way you are still plugging in a device. Oh well saves me money to not buy a wireless charger any time soon

LOL are you serious? Did you expect the wireless charger to have a small nuclear reactor in it?
For your information, you CAN purchase external batteries that will charge your phone wirelessly. Of course, you need to charge the external battery first, because again, no nuclear reactor inside.

If you cannot see how placing your phone on a pad with one hand and zero hassle is easier than grabbing a wire, plugging it into a tiny port and requiring 2 hands to do so, there's nothing left to say to you.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
LOL are you serious? Did you expect the wireless charger to have a small nuclear reactor in it?
For your information, you CAN purchase external batteries that will charge your phone wirelessly. Of course, you need to charge the external battery first, because again, no nuclear reactor inside.

If you cannot see how placing your phone on a pad with one hand and zero hassle is easier than grabbing a wire, plugging it into a tiny port and requiring 2 hands to do so, there's nothing left to say to you.

I see no benefit in it especially if both need to be plugged in and the wireless charger takes forever to charge the device whereas the phone charger charges the S6 in an hour and twenty minutes. It's no competition. So you have the slight "inconvenience" of using a second hand. You also get double the charging speed

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I see no benefit in it especially if both need to be plugged in and the wireless charger takes forever to charge the device whereas the phone charger charges the S6 in an hour and twenty minutes. It's no competition. So you have the slight "inconvenience" of using a second hand. You also get double the charging speed

Options are terrible, right?
I have the fast charger at home, but I have a wireless charger at my desk at work. I don't actually need it, as my phone will last me an entire day the vast majority of the time, but I'll often put in on the charger before I head home. When I'm only down ~30%, it doesn't take long to get me back to 100%.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

To be fair, the wireless charger needs to be plugged in once if you keep it in one place, unlike attaching to a phone each time.

Posted via my ZenFone 2!

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
*picks up phone off the charging pad that sits by my couch*

The reason why it's so nice to have a charging pad is that I don't even have to plug in my phone at all. One hand, two handed, whats the difference? I don't have to even do it. The lightning port is better in the iPhone you say? I don't even need the port at all...not even in my car.

But the real reason why charging pads are great is that my phone is almost always topped off when it's not being used. I just plunk it down next to me on the desk or by me on the couch and it gets topped off. So many people love wireless charging that even Apple fans buy the charging stickers on amazon and jerry-rig their iPhone to have what Android has had for years.

Imore is the Fox news of cell phones. Filled with nothing but hate and disinformation. What a sad place. I'm glad that Android Central has much more respect then that junk website.

Posted via the Android Central App

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are your hands going to break from plugging the phone into a charger?

So you're just being stubborn now. Nobody claimed anything like that. Nobody said using an iPhone would lower your life expectancy either. Wireless charging is simply easier - end of story.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Imore is the Fox news of cell phones. Filled with nothing but hate and disinformation. What a sad place. I'm glad that Android Central has much more respect then that junk website.

THANK YOU! This is EXACTLY why I posted this in the first place, despite razza1987 claiming that I'm just as petty.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
So you're just being stubborn now. Nobody claimed anything like that. Nobody said using an iPhone would lower your life expectancy either. Wireless charging is simply easier - end of story.

Yeah ok. That's why I use my Android more than my iPhone.

Forget it. I'm not going to get anywhere here. You want to think that having a charging pad is better because you don't have to plug it in every time you think that. I'll stick with my charger that charges the device twice as fast. With those charging speeds I'm not petty to consider plugging the phone in an inconvenience but by all means use a device that takes twice as long to charge the device all for the sake of not having to use your hands to plug it in. I'm out of here

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah ok. That's why I use my Android more than my iPhone.

Forget it. I'm not going to get anywhere here. You want to think that having a charging pad is better because you don't have to plug it in every time you think that. I'll stick with my charger that charges the device twice as fast. With those charging speeds I'm not petty to consider plugging the phone in an inconvenience but by all means use a device that takes twice as long to charge the device all for the sake of not having to use your hands to plug it in. I'm out of here

I think I found Rene's anonymous AC account.

But seriously, are you even reading what I'm writing, or are you just refusing to admit that I have valuable points? Having options is a GOOD thing. How often do I use my phone down to <10% that I need to charge in a hurry? I sit at my work desk all day and my phone is still around 70% by the afternoon when I charge it wirelessly, it takes an hour at most. There's no rush when I'm going to be at my desk for multiple hours anyway.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

When you have a cover like mine that "protects" the USB and Mic ports (Ringke Fusion) then you'll understand better how convenient is to have a wireless pad.

I have 2, one at home by my bedside and one at the office, at night, with my wife sleeping and I'm sleepy after reading all this threads and posts, it's as simple as extend one arm and put it to charge, no need to turn lights on to find the cable on the floor or the table.

At my office, if I need to charge it (rarely) I just put it on the charger just in front of me and pick it up immediately and go when need to go out in a rush instead of unplug the cable and to comeback and 1 minute later to connect it again.

These are just some of the examples of how convenient this is for me, everybody's different though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad