long exposure in pro mode how to?

fleeper

May 31, 2010
Visit site
How do I create a long exposure in Pro Mode? For the life of me I cannot seem to get this down. If I hold the screen I get the AF/AE lock but how do I actually take a 10 second (or whatever) long exposure pic?

Thanks.

iseededppl

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
How do I create a long exposure in Pro Mode? For the life of me I cannot seem to get this down. If I hold the screen I get the AF/AE lock but how do I actually take a 10 second (or whatever) long exposure pic?

Thanks.

The Galaxy S6 stock camera does not currently have an option to manually control the shutter speed. If you want Long Exposure photos you're going to have to use a third party app but I don't know if there are any that allow you to control shutter speed.

fleeper

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy S6 stock camera does not currently have an option to manually control the shutter speed. If you want Long Exposure photos you're going to have to use a third party app but I don't know if there are any that allow you to control shutter speed.

I don't see how to do it either but I keep reading articles that say it can do it but they don't give instructions. It says to hold the screen to get AE/AF lock but that does not cause it have a long exposure. See the article below:

Samsung Galaxy S6 Camera: 9 Ways to take better photos

iseededppl

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't see how to do it either but I keep reading articles that say it can do it but they don't give instructions. It says to hold the screen to get AE/AF lock but that does not cause it have a long exposure. See the article below:

Samsung Galaxy S6 Camera: 9 Ways to take better photos

You are confusing that with Light exposure lock. For long exposure you're going to want shutter speeds greater than 1 second which the GS^does not currently have.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
You are confusing that with Light exposure lock. For long exposure you're going to want shutter speeds greater than 1 second which the GS^does not currently have.

^ yep. Locking exposure just locks the phone to use the same exposure from a spot you've chosen even if you change the target of your photo. (Btw, standard mode lets you lock the AE/AF (focus and exposure) together, while Pro mode lets you set them and then separate them so that AF can be in one spot in the photo view and AE in a separate one.)

But getting back to the shutter speed/long exposure topic, this article has more to say about its eventual availability with Lollipop 5.1 and +.

Galaxy S6 and S6 edge Android 5.1 update does bring RAW support and lower ISO values after all - SamMobile