New Themes are out including PAID themes

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Glad they are finally coming out with some decent themes. However, I'm still using the Dark Red theme that was posted on XDA a while ago. I like that it uses the stock icons, so that the Calendar and clock icons actually show the correct date/time. It seems that none of the other themes do this, that I am aware of. Would love to be corrected if I'm wrong about this.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Haven't updated yet on Sprint. I was just wondering when the paid themes would come and how better they would be compared to the free themes. Do they offer anything different from the free themes that you can tell?

Check again I just switched my theme to the new Material Dark. And I'm also on Sprint.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Yup, they're all there now and I'll be switching from Material theme to Material Dark or Weyo most likely.

I really like the Material Dark. Especially feel it'll most useful for using the phone during the night hours. It brings a nice style to the Galaxy S6 in my opinion. Samsung tends to through to many colors at you, so to me is nice having just one color everywhere especially in the settings app.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
If the icons were optional and some themes didn't muddy up the dialer and such, we would have a really great collection of themes. Hopefully Samsung will tweak what's allowed and add additional features to the store eventually.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If the icons were optional and some themes didn't muddy up the dialer and such, we would have a really great collection of themes. Hopefully Samsung will tweak what's allowed and add additional features to the store eventually.

You can use any icon pack you want so it is "optional".

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Unless you install another launcher like Nova, how would one use any icon pack we want amongst the Samsung themes?

Well there are some apps that can change your icons while using TouchWiz but it'll only change the ones you have on your homescreen and not the app drawer

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I should finally give Nova a try for longer than 10 minutes. I'm soooo picky and haven't found a theme I really like in that theme store yet! Downloaded the Material theme and used it for 5 minutes until I noticed the calendar and clock icons weren't dynamic. I like TouchWiz which is why I've stuck with it for so long but I really don't care for the TouchWiz icons and icons are what I look at first when looking for themes.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I should finally give Nova a try for longer than 10 minutes. I'm soooo picky and haven't found a theme I really like in that theme store yet! Downloaded the Material theme and used it for 5 minutes until I noticed the calendar and clock icons weren't dynamic. I like TouchWiz which is why I've stuck with it for so long but I really don't care for the TouchWiz icons and icons are what I look at first when looking for themes.

interesting, I did the opposite I tried TW for all of 10 minutes tops and then went directly to Nova.. I'd never go back to TW. way too generic for me and boring.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
You can use any icon pack you want so it is "optional".

Yea one of the main reasons I stick with Nova besides the gestures and easy restoration of saved set-ups. There's actually an app to apply icon packs straight to Touchwiz but of course you must be rooted.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yea one of the main reasons I stick with Nova besides the gestures and easy restoration of saved set-ups. There's actually an app to apply icon packs straight to Touchwiz but of course you must be rooted.

Me too. When I went from iPhone to android last year, I didn't know anything about launchers and icon packs so I left my phone stock but when I bought a Moto X 2014, I tried Nova Prime and I was hooked. Never using stock or any other launcher.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Weyo turned out to have some elements that were too dark for my liking. Close but no cigar, I'm switching to Material Dark.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR