Anyone going to switch to the Note next year?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just curious when the next Galaxy comes out next year will anyone wait until the Note comes out? I love the Galaxy s6 but sometimes wondered about having a Note because of the screen and other features. I almost bought it 2 years ago but opted for a Galaxy S4 because it's just too darn big for a phone. I can't stand belt carry because I'm clumsy and the clips otterbox and other cases never work and bulky, but I conceal carry "legally" and in addition to carrying a pistol, spare mag, wallet, car keys and phone in my other pocket it's just too much bulk. The Note barely even fit in my pocket at the store and that was without a case. I guess if you're a lady it might be more practical because it can fit in a purse, but for a guy who must carry in the pocket it's just not practical.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Screen size and not needing a digitized stylus will keep me with the Galaxy line for a while.

Posted via the Android Central App

M Stuart

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Nop, I find the Note 4 too big. Even the S6 is a bit larger than I'd like, but unlike the Note, I still find it comfortable to use.

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
The advantage to not having a removable battery is a slightly smaller device. Certainly not worth it in my opinion. I have had just about every device VZW has sold (except most motorolas). The notes obviously are much bigger and are very difficult to carry in your pocket. If you carry a pistol, wallet, keys, etc I can see where a bigger device could cause a problem. That's why Sammy makes both, to give people choices. I would have probably kept my note 4, as it is a great device, but not getting root kills me. So I have a S6 now and love it. I will probably get the note 5. But I have an obsession/addiction to new technology. It's a BIG problem. Could be worse I guess.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised that no one mentioned anything about having no replaceable battery and possibly no card slot.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The Notes are too large to carry for me. I've been in Nexus devices for years so Samsung dropping the SD card and removable battery don't bother me at all.

--
Should there be smoke coming out of my cpu?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Until there's something official, should we assume? LOL

But I hope not, I like the removable batteries and SD Cards.
Nope. We won't know for sure until test unit reviews start. Let's put it this way. IF the GN5 came sealed with no card slot, would that affect a decision to switch?

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I am but I've had every note and s phone since they came out.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought my Note 4 was fantastic but I think the size of the GS6 is just right for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Nah. I'm getting a cheap Chinese knockoff of something. I just want my phone to not work right for once....

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Nah. I'm getting a cheap Chinese knockoff of something. I just want my phone to not work right for once....

And you think a cheap Chinese phone with no resale value will work better than a premium note 5? Oh ok. I'll take my chances with a samsung any day.

Posted on my Amazing Note 4!

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I could probably, live with no sd card, and a non removable battery if it had a large enough battery. BUT, if the rumors are correct about the glass back, hail NO. I'm not in the circle of people that hated the plastic. I keep my phones in an otterbox defender anyhow, why would I want something even more breakable?