Why aren't my homebutton and touchkeys working on my Galaxy S6?

A

AC Question

Homebutton and touchkeys not working on Galaxy S6

Hi

I've got a 32gb, gold version, of the Galaxy S6 that I got via my work. I've had two (both 32 gb and gold) and both of them have the same problem.

The problem can best be described as the three buttons on the bottom of the phone not working. As in I press them, both the physical home button, and the app folder/back button and nothing happens. The only way to fix this is to restart the phone.

On the first phone I got this started after a couple of days and then I had to restart the phone like 5 times in 6 days or something. Our phone provider took it back and a couple of weeks later I got a new one (that's living in Iceland for you, supply is not always great). The new phone started out well but soon the same problem came back.

Tonight I've had to restart the phone 3 times because this happened and 2 of those times came just after I restarted the phone.

Has anybody else experienced this? If so was there a specific app that perhaps was causing this to not work or was there another explanation?

I really like this phone so I'm hoping there is some solution to this and not just having to return or get the phone repaired/replaced.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Homebutton and touchkeys not working on Galaxy S6

Welcome to Android Central.

Have you tried Safe Mode?
Also, perhaps a bad SD card is causing trouble?

Posted via the Android Central App

OttarV

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

It seems that I can't reply unless I have an account so I made one for the forums.

Regarding your answer I haven't tried Safe Mode when this happens. The thing is the screen itself and all the clickable links there work but the three buttons at the bottom don't work. I also thought that the Galaxy S6 doesn't have a SD card?

CSWinnall

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

hi

I also am experiencing exactly the same issue. ive tried to figure out a pattern but to no avail. ive factory reset. it started after last update. cant get warrenty due to cracked back. this had no effect on the phone until update. ive tried uninstalling apps and reinstalling 1 at a time but when i think ive found the app that causes it i uninstall but problem persists.