07-07-2015 11:44 AM
30 12
tools
    I got this one doubt before buying a wireless charger! If I connect my wireless charger to a fast charger outlet. Will i get the same speed as the fast charger !

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-04-2015 09:56 AM
    I got this one doubt before buying a wireless charger! If I connect my wireless charger to a fast charger outlet. Will i get the same speed as the fast charger !

No, but it's not that bad either, depending on the Wireless pad and power adapter, it's something similar to the charging speed when you connect it to the previous 2A Samsung chargers.
    BioFanatic likes this.
    07-04-2015 10:02 AM
    Trust me, once you go with wireless charging you will never look back. As far as I can see the charging speed is about the same, but it is the simplicity of the wireless charging that I love. You just lay it on the pad and walk away.
    -Scienide- and Neo_ii_Droid like this.
    07-04-2015 10:23 AM
    No even if you plug the fast charger into the wireless charger it will charge a lot slower.

Posted with my shiny s6
    07-04-2015 10:33 AM
    The output on a lot of these wireless chargers is rated at 1A, whereas the fast chargers I think are rated at 2A. So you'll get *roughly* half of the charging capability/speed from the former (unless I'm missing some fundamental electricity law of some sort, which wouldn't be unexpected).

I just picked up a Techmatte wireless charger, and in its product guide it states that it will probably only deliver approx. 75% of a standard charger's average charging speed, so there's that. I guess with wireless chargers (for now - http://www.droid-life.com/2015/06/24...le-lot-faster/) you just have to choose whether the convenience of drop-and-charge is worth taking a charging speed hit or not.
    07-04-2015 11:18 AM
    Yes. Assuming you are using genuine Samsung accessories. Plugging the Samsung 2A wall charger into the phone base or into the Samsung charging pad produces the 'lighting bolt' icon indicating fast charging is occurring. My guess there's a lot of third party charging gear which is poorly made or mislabeled.
    -Scienide- and Neo_ii_Droid like this.
    07-04-2015 11:38 AM
    I am not a fan of rapid chargers. What's the hurry? Rapid charging produces more heat, which can shorten battery life (in # of charges and power per charge) and can damage the device. Case in point; a known issue with the S6 Edge is that many using the rapid charger end up cooking the accelerometer, which apparently is too close to the battery. The wireless charger is plenty fast.
    07-04-2015 01:24 PM
    I guess I'll try out wireless charging afterall!

07-04-2015 02:59 PM
    I guess I'll try out wireless charging afterall!

I have the original dished rectangular gray Samsung charger for the S4, plus an off-brand rectangular one, and just got the round Samsung one, Avengers edition. The rectangular ones seem fussy about placement, where the round one seems less picky. I keep one at work, one next to the bed, and one in the living room. Thinking I may move the bedroom one to my car. I started using wireless charging on my S4 after the USB jack went intermittent after only a few months.
    07-04-2015 03:15 PM
    Trust me, once you go with wireless charging you will never look back. As far as I can see the charging speed is about the same, but it is the simplicity of the wireless charging that I love. You just lay it on the pad and walk away.
    Actually I went back to wired charging a week after getting my free samsung wireless charging pad from BestBuy. I mean I was excited and thrilled as anybody about wireless charging built in the S6 & edge. But after a week or so I was more into the fast charging capabilities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    07-05-2015 11:06 AM
    Does anyone know if it matters what kind of wireless charger you use?

07-05-2015 12:01 PM
    Damn I'm on the edge of buyin' one . Wish I don't regret nd it's worth it! Let's see!

07-05-2015 01:41 PM
    If they comply with the Qi 1.1 standard, should be good. The charge rate is dictated by the charger and the AC adapter mah rating. Other variables are the number and size of the coils, which provide varying accuracy of placement, and how thick of a case will still work. The Qi 1.2 standard was pre-announced last year, and is supposed to handle greater distances (thicker cases). I saw a recent article indicating a further redesign - don't recall what else is changing.
    07-05-2015 01:41 PM
    I love my wireless and would never go back

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    07-05-2015 01:55 PM
    I have the official Samsung round one. It's pretty damn quick at chargng. I can't say I've ever sat checked one vs the other but I have the fast charger plugged into it and when I get home from work I drop my phone on it for 10 or 20 minutes and I've got an extra 30-40% charge easy. That's plenty fast enough for me.

Take these numbers with a pinch of salt because i've never sat and checked it thoroughly but to me it feels faster than any other charger I've used in the past.
    Neo_ii_Droid and 8taylor8 like this.
    07-05-2015 02:37 PM
    I have the official Samsung round one. It's pretty damn quick at chargng. I can't say I've ever sat checked one vs the other but I have the fast charger plugged into it and when I get home from work I drop my phone on it for 10 or 20 minutes and I've got an extra 30-40% charge easy. That's plenty fast enough for me.

Take these numbers with a pinch of salt because i've never sat and checked it thoroughly but to me it feels faster than any other charger I've used in the past.
    I've got one of the round ones too, and initially used it with a Moto 850mah adapter I had laying around. That charged pretty slow, so I swapped in a Samsung 2A adapter. Now charges pretty fast and doesn't heat up the battery much.
    -Scienide- and 8taylor8 like this.
    07-05-2015 02:55 PM
    I love my wireless and would never go back

What phone and what charging pad do you use?

07-05-2015 04:54 PM
    S6 and old rectangular wireless charger for S4

07-05-2015 04:56 PM

OEM Samsung Qi Wireless products is what I have and use. Really appreciating the "going cable free" when charging.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...rging-pad.html
    07-05-2015 05:02 PM
    S6 and old rectangular wireless charger for S4

I have a similar charging pad but the phone has to be in the right spot for it to charge. Do you think that is the quality of the charger or the type?

07-05-2015 05:18 PM
    I have a similar charging pad but the phone has to be in the right spot for it to charge. Do you think that is the quality of the charger or the type?

I have one of those too, and it is dished perfectly for the shape of an S4 with the Samsung charging back. Anything larger, such as an S4 with case or an S5 or S6 with or without case will not rest fully into the dish, and the increased gap will make it difficult to find and maintain the sweet spot. When I use it for my S6 with defender case, I see/hear it lose and regain Qi connection occasionally. Repositioning the phone into the sweet spot will minimize, but not eliminate that. My other two chargers - a generic Qi and the new round Samsung - are not dished and keep the connection throughout the charge. So I would have to say that the original rectangular gray dished S4 charger is not ideal for anything other than the exact phone it was intended for, but will work in a pinch as a spare. Anyone who hasn't already bought one should get the round Samsung chargers.

Wireless charging!-camerazoom-20150625184540044.jpg
    Wireless charging!-camerazoom-20150625190205278.jpg
    8taylor8 likes this.
    07-05-2015 05:31 PM
    It's the nature of the beast. The center of the coil in the receiver in the phone has to be over the center of the coil in the charging plate. Depending on the plate and the phone, that could be dead center or off to one side or the other, or top or bottom.
    07-05-2015 05:58 PM
    A Cap. wireless bass dock? That is sick. Even if the charging speed was slower I would still rock it. Good information here. I thought it was slower too based on coils and induction rates but I guess that really is based on the accessory quality.
    07-05-2015 11:43 PM
    I've got a Samsung wireless charger and i have to drop my phone a small distance (around an inch) onto the charger in order for it to start charging. If i place it onto the charger it won't charge. Is this normal? Anyone else with a Samsung wireless have to do this?

07-06-2015 01:38 AM
    I've got a Samsung wireless charger and i have to drop my phone a small distance (around an inch) onto the charger in order for it to start charging. If i place it onto the charger it won't charge. Is this normal? Anyone else with a Samsung wireless have to do this?

Which charger? The older light gray rectangular dished one for the S4, the round one, or the square one? If the first one, then no surprise. The round one is less fussy in my experience. Not sure on the square one. Any Qi charger will have a sweet spot, which will become smaller as you add distance, such as a thick case.
    07-06-2015 05:30 AM
30 12