I have two Defender's for my S6 so on my black defender that creaks a bit because it's stretched a bit from taking it apart so many times to clean the screen I decided to remove the built in protector and buy the Invisible Shield. Anyways I noticed how the Otterbox case seems even looser without the built in protector reinforcing the plastic so I decided not to open the Invisible Shield pack so I can return it.

So should I buy a commuter case that comes with a self stick protector or just stick with the Defender.

What I don't like about the commuter is how it seems so flimsy compared to the one I had for my S3 and there are complaints about the rubber on the commuter becoming loose on the S6 version.

Oh and my new Defender I bought the rubber and plastic seems more thicker than on my Defender. I noticed my black defender was made in China, and my new blue Defender was made in Mexico. Could that be a reason why the newer one seems better?
    07-04-2015 04:01 PM
    What I don't like about the commuter is how it seems so flimsy compared to the one I had for my S3
    I've never had a Commuter, but my Note 3 in a Defender was flung against a wall once - and didn't suffer any damage.

and there are complaints about the rubber on the commuter becoming loose on the S6 version.
    There are Youtube videos about fixing loose rubber cases. It involves hot (or boiling - I forget) water, then an ice water bath. A few minutes and the rubber is back to normal. (Letting it sit for a month off the case will cause it to shrink back too.)

Oh and my new Defender I bought the rubber and plastic seems more thicker than on my Defender. I noticed my black defender was made in China, and my new blue Defender was made in Mexico. Could that be a reason why the newer one seems better?
    Look for Youtube videos to tell the difference between real and counterfeit Defender cases. I'm not saying the one made in China is counterfeit, but check.
    07-04-2015 05:52 PM
    I've never had a Commuter, but my Note 3 in a Defender was flung against a wall once - and didn't suffer any damage.

There are Youtube videos about fixing loose rubber cases. It involves hot (or boiling - I forget) water, then an ice water bath. A few minutes and the rubber is back to normal. (Letting it sit for a month off the case will cause it to shrink back too.)

Look for Youtube videos to tell the difference between real and counterfeit Defender cases. I'm not saying the one made in China is counterfeit, but check.
    The one made in China I bought at Tmobile back in April, and the Blue Defender I bought at Sams so I doubt the one at Tmobile would be counterfit. Every Otterbox I've had though I've bought from Best Buy or Tmobile. Every Otterbox I've had eventually started to creak. The guy at Best Buy said the same thing he's heard too if you pull the case off too much the plastic tabs expand slightly.
    07-04-2015 06:11 PM