GS6 Front Camera Won't Auto-Focus

mister_xenomorph

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I've had my S6 for nearly two weeks now, and I've noticed a strange trend when taking photos with the front camera. Things that are relatively up close such as my face end up being a tad blurry whereas everything in the background is nice, sharp, and detailed. No matter how I position my face in the shot, despite it recognizing my face, it just won't bring it into focus. After a few more shots, it doesn't look like the front is auto-focusing at all. I've checked all of the camera settings, and everything is defaulted except for Beauty mode which I have set to 0. How possible is it that this is a hardware defect?

Posted via the Android Central App

mister_xenomorph

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
It sounds like a bad camera module. Since it's new, have the phone replaced or repaired.

Ah, yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I'm not a fan of dealing with returns and whatnot, but after shelving out $300, I want my phone to be as perfect as can be. Thanks for the link, too! I actually just switched from four years of iPhones, so I'm still getting to know the ins and outs of it all. xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz